“TOO MUCH FUN”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Price range: US$45 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

too much fun and u can never have too much fun. the first time we were at Eva's we left with our bellies full and my face hurt from laughing so much.

the owner is funnier and has more personality than most people I have met!

the matre d is outstanding.

went three more times in the two weeks we were there with the same results. call ahead and if your lucky he will make u some homade ravioli and cheese cake

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thanks Rich,
We did have a lot of fun and laughs you party was great. Thanks for the gifts you dropped off on your way out of town they were Grrrrrrreat! Ha!
Thanks for the review see you in when the clocks get set back.
Kent.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stop by and treat yourself to a wonderful dinner and enjoyable evening courtesy of Kent and Max. We were treated to a ocean side 5 course dinner with the best ribs and chicken parmesan have ever tasted. We have frequented over 40 different restaurants in our many trips to the area and Eva's Brickhouse topped them all. Kent's hospitality is second to none and made us feel right at home from the second we walked into door and continued through out the whole evening. Our 5 hour stay concluded sitting with Kent at the bar looking at pictures and drinking Kent's private blend of tequila. We can't thank you enough for this memorable dinning experience and treating us like family and looking forward to seeing you very soon.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

bswaw3
The graciousness your family has shown me would put Liberace to shame. It is I who should be sending thanks as you and the entire group was so kind to me.
The dinner was memorable not because of me, I did nothing other than welcome you and cook some food. It was the closeness and the class which all carried in with them that made the night. I merely provided a space where you could all be together that was comfortable for one and all to be themselves.
When you stop by next time asked me about Liberace, I have a painting hanging in his museum in Las Vegas with a plaque below it with the words I wrote one evening when I set out to one up him on the scale of graciousness.
Please accept my heart filled gratitude for treating me as if I was family.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The service we had at Eva’s was absolutely outstanding, to say the least. Kent, welcomed us with open arms, literally, and closed the restaurant for our group. Granted, we did have a large party, sixteen in all, with Kent only hving a couple hours notice before we all showed up at his place, hungry! Upon arriving, Kent led us back through the main dining room, to what I would consider to be the private dining area. What we found was a beautifully decorated table, large enough to accommodate all sixteen people in our group, without forcing the children to be banished to the kid’s table. The table was fitted with fine linens and vases filled with fresh roses adorning the entire length of the table, (which were presented to all the ladies in our group at the end of the evening by our gracious host, Kent - and we also learned that the roses came from Kent’s personal garden). Although the sun had already set, we could tell that our table was overlooking the beautiful sandy beach and bay of the marina because we could hear the waves crashing in the distance. Upon being seated, Kent attended to each one of us personally, treating us as though we were family and had known him for years. From the start of the meal, to the end, I truly felt like part of the family at Eva’s. While Kent was busy preparing our delicious meal, he made us feel so at home, that our entire group of sixteen, including children, were able to play a game of charades, while we shared scrumptious hors d'oeuvres and much laughter! Kent even had my 15 year old son serve as our private photographer for the evening, with Kent’s personal camera! He generously shared the photos with us, which we will treasure for a lifetime. I can’t just talk about the absolutely outstanding meal we had at Eva’s, because it is more than just an amazing dinner, it was an experience. Isn’t that what it’s all about, especially while on vacation? Even after our meal was over and completely stuffed, Kent brings out his famous ribs for us to try. Now, that is my type of meal! Forget the dessert, bring on the ribs! Don’t worry dessert lovers, the dessert was top notch, but who can pass up ribs??? Our dining experience at Eva’s was truly one of the highlights of our trip and Kent already promised to surpass our experience upon our next visit to LaCruz, which will most definitely include a stop at Eva’s to enjoy another family dining experience with Kent. Our group, which is basically family, were overjoyed by the family treatment we received at Eva’s and would recommend that you stop by for a glass of vino, some mouth-watering food, and lively conversation. Thanks Kent, and your trusted assistants, for an exceptional evening!

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Jackie S.
Your family carried themselves with such class and grace I felt as if I was serving royalty, I was certainly honored by your presence.
Thank you so much for the wonderful review.
Mi casa su casa,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I love Eva's Brickhouse Restaurant. Food is to die for. Kent is original, authentic and imaginative in his cuisine. And he's most accommodating for your health needs. Take family and friends for every special occasion. And everything in between!! It's right on the marina in Las Cruz. Gorgeous view!! Right on path for Farmers Market. Most convenient!! and soon to have air conditioning. You can bet I will be living at Eva's when I'm there. It's where the locals take family, visitors and friends!! Better make a reservation! Don't go home without a dining experience of a lifetime !! ~ Jann Glenn

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hi Jann,
Thanks for the nice review, its always pleaure to see and hear from ypu.
Sorry about the delay in the online Cooking Classes but I need to finish up the construction on the patio so I can install the air conditioning. It will be a week or two until I can get around to posting the first class.
I am glad you enjoyed you Birthday Week, and I will look forward to seeing you on your next trip down.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

After falling off a bus (literally) and hobbling into Eva's Brickhouse,(even though they were closed,) Kent welcomed me in ,sat me down, made a giant ice-pack out of his own pillowcase, got me something to drink, and was super kind enough to "lend" me a few of his pain-killers from the dentist. Oh did I mention he offered to take me to his doctors house...on a Sunday! And just to take my mind off of the horrific pain he brought over the Best Ribs I've ever had.After sitting there about an hour and a half Kent got me a cab back to my hotel and let me borrow his cane for the rest of my time in Mexico. After a few days I felt better and my wife and I went back for an incredible meal of chicken parm. , ribs and his homemade best ever cheesecake.
Kent and Eva's Brickhouse is a MUST

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hey Nick,
Happy to hear you are back on your feet again. I had no choice but to assist you, who wouldn’t invite someone in who was in obvious pain accompanied with a little stress.
Three or four times a year I put on the “White Coat” after all I took an oath.
It’s no wonder you are a standup Comic, your timing was perfect. I’m sitting at my bar thinking “Little Italy” week is over when I look up and see a Pisan hobbling through the my door.
Nothing I like more than making a comedian laugh, let me know in advance next time you’re coming down and we will put on a show and pack the place
A NIGHT OF LAUGHTER WITH NICK GAZA and KENT
Since you headlined at the Tropicana in Las Vegas I’ll give you top billing, unless of course my other comedian client Joan Rivers wants in.
Thanks for review say hello to Eva and at your next show if you “Break a Leg” you know who to call.
Dr.Kent