“AMAZING restaurant.... we'll be back!!!”
Review of Xocolatl Fajitas Salad & Grill - CLOSED

Xocolatl Fajitas Salad & Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Also known by locals as "Xocolatl Roberto", this was an amazing place to eat. Recommended by our favorite taxi driver in the Nuevo Vallarta area, Carlos Romero, we were WOW-ED by the beautiful bay view and incredible food. Its a little north of Bucerias and sits up on a hill. We arrived with a sleeping 2 year old and the staff quickly made out a "bed" out of some chairs for the little one so he was comfortable while we ate. Roberto actually comes around to each table, gives you his recommendations and takes your order. The other wait staff were very friendly as well. There were 4 of us and our food was EXCELLENT!!! The giant shrimp are to die for!!! The food was ready in a very timely manner.... we didn't even notice much of a wait time. The prices were excellent!
Don't let your vacation go without having a meal at this hidden gem. We'll definitely make it back on our next vacation.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

If you are looking for a great meal you have to try this place out. We had the sea bass special with the calamari appetizer. It was outstanding and will be returning. The view at dusk is also
very nice. Staff are super friendly.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Looking for a restaurant off the beaten path? The you need to visit Xocolati in La Cruz. What a fabulous find. The concierge at Villa del Palmar Flamingos recommended this restaurant to my husband and I. We arrived just as they were opening and we're met by our server Raoul. The atmosphere is casual, the view incredible, the food magnificent. We sat overlooking the Bay of Banderas sipping our drinks and just watching the world go by! Raoul made several excellent recommendations for dinner. We listened to his suggestions ordered dinner and were. It disappointed. The entire experience is amazing and unforgettable. We will be back again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Not our first dinner at Xocolati - the same delicious food! The view of Banderas Bay is stunning, go early to watch a terrific sunset from the patio or palapa seating. Roberto, owner, will make suggestions for you and your choice will be prepared exactly as you requested. Homemade chips and salsa are served (complimentary) as a starter. My husband had the "Arrachera Steak, Grilled Onions, Guacamole, Rice and Refritos" and enjoyed every bite. I ordered the "Catch of the Day prepared Scampi style with Vegetables and Rice" and the fish was cooked just right and was more than I could eat. A friend ordered the "Mexican Combo: Chicken Enchilada w/Mole or Salsa Verde, Chile Relleno con Queso, Quesadilla, Rice and Refritos" - this was a lot of food! I tasted the relleno and refritos and both were tasty. As you can see the selection is wide and the portions sizeable and the cost is very reasonable. We ordered dessert - my favorite is the flan however the chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream is not bad! We were also treated to some great entertainment - UNA NOCHE LATINA (Latin Night) which was live music Cuban-inspired Havy Rodriguez and dancing by Lilly Alcantara. I suggest you make reservations and request a table in the outside eating area or if there is entertainment in the inside area in front of the "stage" area - whatever your preference is. You can see the entertainment better from inside but still enjoy the sunset and view. La Cruz de Huanacaxtle is a short drive from Nuevo Vallarta and well worth the drive or ride.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We took a cab ride from the Grand Mayan to Xocolatl. It was well worth the drive (about 25 min). This is owned by Roberto who had a well known restaurant in Old Town Puerto Vallarta. He took our orders, suggested exactly what we should order and made dishes according to our specific tastes. I had the ahi tuna rare which was probably the best I've ever had! My husband had the lobster and he loved it. The restaurant is built into the side of the mountain and is very cool. I would suggest going before sun down as the view is absolutely breathtaking!