Villa Bella Bed and Breakfast Inn
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa(La Cruz de Huanacaxtle)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$185
W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$581
  • Beachfront
US$230
US$185
  • Beachfront
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$161
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsla cruzan incredible viewcobblestone streetwarm hospitalityelsahostessroostersbayhillvillamanualchickensbeautytelevisiontranquiljungle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2006

There is so much nice stuff to say about this place I don't know where to start. You really feel at home. My husband and I stayed at La Villa Bella during Oct. 8-12, 2006 during our first week of our honeymoon. The staff at La Villa Bella gave 100% attention to us since the moment Marcela (staff member) picked us up from the airport. Her English was perfect! My Spanish isn't so bad either :) The Puerto Vallarta Airport is only about 20-25 minutes from La Villa Bella. And la Villa Bella is only about a half hour from downton Puerto Vallarta. It was perfect. Just what we were looking for. Tranquility. The Villa Bella itself is sooooo beautiful and clean. We stayed in their Master Suite. It was huge, with a nice open living room and kitchen overlooking the Vallarta Bay. Both the living room and kitchen our open, yet enclosed. Difficult to describe, but It was gorgeous and super clean. If you would like to save money, you can buy your own groceries and cook there. The bedroom itself was huge, with satellite TV and a nice clean bathroom with a jacuzzi. The staff cleans it up each day and provides clean towels. Juan, Rosa and Miriam cooked and served us breakfast each morning. The food was delicious typical Mexican Cuisine. Each morning it was something different and Elsa, the owner (she's so young) accompanied us for breakfast each morning. We ate out in the open overlooking the pool and beautiful coast. I loved the chilaquiles. I highly recommend them and don't forget to ask for their specialty salsa, Salsa Eduardo. This place is the best!!!!! The entire staff is super nice, friendly and easy going. Thank you Elsa for the wonderful time you and your staff gave us.

Edith, SF

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mexam
Reviewed 21 October 2006

If you stay at Villa Bella you will be one lucky guest! The owner Elsa and the attentive staff (Juan, Chino, Rosa, Miriam, and Marcela) make a personal effort to ensure the guest's comfort and happiness and also pay attention to what kind of traveler you might be and what you're interested in seeing in the area. They'll arrange everything from an on-site massage overlooking the Banderas Bay or give you advice on how to get to special points of interest such as beaches or other hidden treasures on other parts of the peninsula. So whether you're a honeymooner who wants privacy and doesn't want to leave the hill-top pool or if you're adventurous and want to ride the buses with the locals, all you have to do is ask, and you will get an answer and have the time of your life!
Elsa was especially accommodating to us because I had had to postpone my trip from earlier in the year because of a death in the family. I never felt like she forgot about me and she made sure that I could come at a later time. She is a most gracious hostess.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2006

5 days and nights at The Villa Bella was an amazing anniversary experience for my wife and i.
elsa and her entire staff provide an extremely!!! enjoyable service, one we've been recommending non-stop to our friends since returning 3 days ago.
the guest house master suite is, hands down, the most incredible 'housing' we've ever enjoyed.
don't make too many excursion plans because you'll probably never want to leave The Villa Bella.
oh, and wait til you see the pool......................

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank milehello
Reviewed 13 August 2006

“Welcome to Villa Bella! I hope you enjoy your stay with us.” And so we began our celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. Elsa greeted us at the Inn with a cool towel with which to freshen up and an offer of a complimentary drink to settle into the vacation time warp. We stayed at Villa Bella for a week in the Master Suite from Aug 5th through the 12th. Elsa and her staff welcomed us into their family and allowed us to share in their lives and home. Set up on the hilltop, the Villa overlooks Banderas Bay and the town of LaCruz.
We were picked up at the airport and thus avoided the Time Shark hassle. Our bags were taken to our suite as we were given a tour of the property. We enjoyed a beautiful, panoramic view of the bay and town below. There is a lap pool that wraps around the lip of the hill where my wife and I enjoyed swimming and gazing over the edge at the seascape. Our suite was immense and equally scenic. It had an open-air living room, kitchen, dining area, and a vista balcony where we lounged at night before retiring for the evenings. The air-conditioned master bedroom had a comfortable king-sized bed with a foam egg-crate pad for added padding. There was a spa bathtub and the décor was exquisite.
It was easy to slip into a kicked back lifestyle for our vacation. As owner and manager, Elsa went to extraordinary measures to help us celebrate our 25th. We were provided with more than enough information on how to get around in the taxis, on the buses (14 pesos into Vallarta and more exciting than any ride at Great America, 20 to 40 minutes to Vallarta depending on your driver), and where to walk in LaCruz for the best meals. LaCruz is for the moment a rural town, complete with chickens in the yards, on the verge of expansion and was very hospitable. We comfortably walked the cobblestone streets to “Tacos on the Street” which was only open on Saturday and Sunday, but is a destination restaurant. We tried at least one of every item on their menu and were stuffed for less than 200 pesos. We enjoyed hikes up and down the beaches and even enjoyed the climb up and down the hill to Villa Bella. (If you are whipped at the end of the day, the taxis will run you up the hill for 10 pesos) There’s a little market at the bottom of the hill where you can pick up provisions for the afternoon and evenings.
Breakfasts were delicious. Juan and Rosa cooked great morning meals consisting of various tropical fruits and juices. We either had egg dishes, pancakes, or French toast. The coffee was always hot and filled. We rolled up the stairs to the open-air dining room around 9:15 and were always greeted with a smiling, “Buenos Dias!”
Selfishly, I would like to keep this quiet bit of paradise to ourselves and recommend everybody to stay somewhere else so we can come back, but thanks to those who stayed before us and shared their stories, I have shared ours. I have to say that we truly enjoyed our stay at Villa Bella. We felt welcomed into their family. We heartily recommend it to anyone that wants a true taste of the culture, away from the hype of city, and wants to stay in a secure and peaceful inn. We are already talking about when we think we can go back. Larry and Cindy.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stacezdad
Reviewed 9 August 2006

I have recently returned from a trip to Puerto Vallarta and La Cruz Huanacaxtle, Mexico. I must say the high point of my vacation was Villa Bella in La Cruz Huanacaxtle. Villa Bella is a sweet and charming B&B that sits on the highest point of La Cruz, overlooking the entire expanse of the Banderas Bay. It is one of the most inspirational and captivating views I’ve ever seen in all my travels through Mexico.

Villa Bella is a magical B&B offering superb service from the owner, Elsa Alba and her dedicated staff. Elsa is a gracious hostess with the amazing ability of making her guests feel completely comfortable and at home in her gorgeous and lush surroundings. It felt as if I were visiting the home of a very close friend. Her hospitality is genuine as is the care and attention provided for you by the staff.

Each room is beautifully decorated in Mexican themes and colors with much attention paid to detail. My accommodations included a king size bed that was every bit as comfortable as my own bed. Every day I awoke feeling completely refreshed, ready to enjoy the delicious breakfast awaiting me under the big palapa. Breakfasts consisted of fresh fruit or fruit juices, fried plantanos and eggs ordered to your preference. Delicious coffee and rolls were also served with breakfast as was the best French toast I have ever had in my life. After breakfast I usually stretched out on one of the chaise lounges to soak up a little sun and enjoy the refreshing, not to mention gorgeous Infinity Pool. You have never experienced anything like being in that pool gazing out over the Banderas Bay – absolutely breathtaking. Late afternoons were spent strolling the sleepy seaside town of La Cruz. La Cruz is a very sweet, little fishing village that plays host to several wonderful restaurants and pubs. No one ever need feel like a stranger in La Cruz.

My visit to Villa Bella in La Cruz Huanacaxtle was a much needed “get away” for some total relaxation. I can honestly say that I have never known such tranquility as I experienced at Villa Bella. Try it for yourself. Elsa and her staff will warmly welcome you and cater to all of your needs and requests making sure that your visit to Villa Bella is a truly memorable and delightful experience.

3  Thank phylnsma