Myself, my partner, some family and friends (9 of us) stayed in Villa Jazmin (55) for 6 nights and were thrilled by our location and the accommodations. Upon our arrival we all were in awe by the well appointed villa. It is modern, immaculate, roomy, luxurious, and the views from all of the rooms are spectacular. My bedroom was complete with a huge en-suite bathroom with a separate dressing room and huge closet. All the other bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms of various degrees - the master suite upstairs has an amazing view and easily accommodated a family of three. All bedrooms have outdoor access - patios or balconies. The beds were super comfortable.
This villa has both a great indoor and outdoor dining area. Our villa's pool is very private and was a huge hit with the kids. There are also at least four other pools on the main property. The adults preferred the private beach which was at the bottom of our stairway. We were amazed at how clean and well kept the grounds were. The beach water was a little murky the first day or two but then became crystal clear. The lounge chairs and patio furniture are also top notch. There were plenty of towels and staff to help with whatever you might need. We were lucky to have perfect weather for our stay.
Vallarta Gardens is very safe and has 24 hour security. Whenever we left the grounds we felt equally safe and La Cruz Huanacaxtle is a really cool town and the quickest way to the center is a short walk up the beach. We went to the Sunday market and there is a daily fresh fish market too. We bought fresh ahi off the boat and made ceviche one night and it was amazing. The large prawns were awesome too. We highly recommend getting fresh ingredients and buying local.
The kitchen is classified as "gourmet" and it is, as it has all the full size modern amenities however, it did lack some common utensils, i.e. vegetable peeler, large pot, lime squeezer, etc. Also the dishwasher didn't work, so we did wash the dishes by hand all week. Side note: it did technically "work" but the quality of the washer didn't actually clean the dishes.
All the rooms in the villa are air conditioned which is great in high summer however, in February with a cool breeze at nights, we wished we could have had screen doors on our sliders and windows because we would have left them open for the fresh air. Since we needed to keep the (few) insects out we kept the windows closed and used a/c while sleeping.
It's easy to get around the area because the local bus stops in front of the property so whether you want to go to Punta Mita or PV or Bucerias it's cheap and easy. You can also ask the concierge to get a taxi for you which we found expensive for local trips.
Bucerias and La Cruz have many restaurants, we enjoyed Mark's Bar & Grill, Mezzogiorno, and Eva's Brickhouse. A few others of recommendation are El Brujo and Xocolatl.
All in all our vacation was fabulous. The staff at Vallarta Gardens are so friendly and helpful without ever being intrusive. Please be gracious to them. I am especially grateful to Miriam and her staff. They are so kind and accommodating. I HIGHLY recommend Vallarta Gardens - it is paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new hotspot in the Pacific Ocean Vallarta Gardens Hotel, located in the heart of Riviera Nayarit in the quiet fishing village La Cruz De Huanacaxtle, provides the perfect setting for an unforgettable experience. Only about 14 miles from Puerto Vallarta's international airport (30 minutes) and 2 miles from the Marina Riviera Nayarit, the resort features gorgeous gardens and tranquil areas where the worries of everyday life just melt away. Vallarta Gardens Hotel offers the opportunity to vacation like never before. Its fully equipped units, decorated to the highest standards of design, excellent service, unique culinary offerings and exclusive amenities promise an exceptional stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vallarta Gardens Resort And Spa
- Vallarta Gardens Hotel La Cruz De Huanacaxtle