“Touring property for purchase of partial ownership.”

Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My experience with the sale group was awful, high pressure sales technique was just too much to bear, I walked away with the idea of trying a different area. This was my fourth time in Puerto Vallarta and wanted to purchase something away from downtown, will not recommend this place for any reason.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
14  Thank misskaye

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Myself, my partner, some family and friends (9 of us) stayed in Villa Jazmin (55) for 6 nights and were thrilled by our location and the accommodations. Upon our arrival we all were in awe by the well appointed villa. It is modern, immaculate, roomy, luxurious, and the views from all of the rooms are spectacular. My bedroom was complete with a huge en-suite bathroom with a separate dressing room and huge closet. All the other bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms of various degrees - the master suite upstairs has an amazing view and easily accommodated a family of three. All bedrooms have outdoor access - patios or balconies. The beds were super comfortable.

This villa has both a great indoor and outdoor dining area. Our villa's pool is very private and was a huge hit with the kids. There are also at least four other pools on the main property. The adults preferred the private beach which was at the bottom of our stairway. We were amazed at how clean and well kept the grounds were. The beach water was a little murky the first day or two but then became crystal clear. The lounge chairs and patio furniture are also top notch. There were plenty of towels and staff to help with whatever you might need. We were lucky to have perfect weather for our stay.

Vallarta Gardens is very safe and has 24 hour security. Whenever we left the grounds we felt equally safe and La Cruz Huanacaxtle is a really cool town and the quickest way to the center is a short walk up the beach. We went to the Sunday market and there is a daily fresh fish market too. We bought fresh ahi off the boat and made ceviche one night and it was amazing. The large prawns were awesome too. We highly recommend getting fresh ingredients and buying local.

The kitchen is classified as "gourmet" and it is, as it has all the full size modern amenities however, it did lack some common utensils, i.e. vegetable peeler, large pot, lime squeezer, etc. Also the dishwasher didn't work, so we did wash the dishes by hand all week. Side note: it did technically "work" but the quality of the washer didn't actually clean the dishes.

All the rooms in the villa are air conditioned which is great in high summer however, in February with a cool breeze at nights, we wished we could have had screen doors on our sliders and windows because we would have left them open for the fresh air. Since we needed to keep the (few) insects out we kept the windows closed and used a/c while sleeping.

It's easy to get around the area because the local bus stops in front of the property so whether you want to go to Punta Mita or PV or Bucerias it's cheap and easy. You can also ask the concierge to get a taxi for you which we found expensive for local trips.

Bucerias and La Cruz have many restaurants, we enjoyed Mark's Bar & Grill, Mezzogiorno, and Eva's Brickhouse. A few others of recommendation are El Brujo and Xocolatl.

All in all our vacation was fabulous. The staff at Vallarta Gardens are so friendly and helpful without ever being intrusive. Please be gracious to them. I am especially grateful to Miriam and her staff. They are so kind and accommodating. I HIGHLY recommend Vallarta Gardens - it is paradise.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jjwood94114
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My finace and I were looking for the perfect place for us and our 20 wedding guests to stay for 5 nights from 11/8-11/13. Our families didn't really know each other very well so it was important to me that we find a place that created an atmosphere that would put everyone at ease and keep us all together. Some of the larger resorts in the area are so big that you could go all day and not bump into each other. Also many guests were hesitant to travel to Mexico because of the negative press we hear in the US. Not at one point did anyone feel unsafe. And I think we helped to change many peoples perspectives of Mexico, yay!!

Our first night we had a welcome dinner poolside at Villa Palma Azul. They had open bar and appetizers that were so filling and fresh and tasty! They also decorated the exterior of the villa for an added Mexican flare! I worked with Miriam from early February on all the details and she was amazing to work with. She helped to book airport transportation, a bus that took us and our guests out on a night on the town, and also helped booked my hair dresser for the wedding. The thing I liked most about the location is how private it is. When you stay in the hotel zone in PV the minute you step on the beach you are bombarded by people selling stuff, but not here. It felt like it was just our group and the staff. They were very attentive and always so friendly. The cleaning ladies do a great job everyday of keeping the villas very clean. I could see myself coming back here when we have kids someday.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Leeann374
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed in Casa 35 and had a wonderful experience. The kitchen was excellently stocked with everything we could possibly need. The house was beautifully furnished with a fabulous patio within steps of the pool. The kids had an amazing time and it was easy to keep an eye on them while making our blended margaritas. The beds all had memory foam which was a great touch and they were very comfortable. The rooftop patio with hot tub was one of our favorite places to be each day and to watch the sunsets from there whilke sipping a glass of wine was remarkable.
Our families had a wonderful time and would definately book casa 35 again!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We booked a villa through the resort and while the house was beautiful, the service was lacking. There were 4+ bedrooms, probably could have housed 10 or more people, but there may have been enough serveware for 6 at most to eat at a time. Not to mention our dishwasher didn't work and wasn't fixed until our final days of our stay. Oh, and starting every morning boiling water in our pot and ladling spoonfuls of it I to our mugs to make drip coffee is an awful way to start the day. Tea kettles, ever heard of them, or coffee grinders? Seriously, the last thing I need to do is buy an entire household's worth of items so that we can stay a week. No detergents, sponges, beach toys,etc. Too much lacking and aggravating even to mention.

• Stayed: February 2011
12  Thank jcinpdx75
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I spent quite a bit of time at the Vallarta Gardens, long enough to get to know the staff, who were all amazing and took the time to make every aspect of my stay comfortable and pleasant. From the moment I passed the gate till the time I left, I was greeted with a smile and felt like I was at home! Alex the manager of the resort is a great guy always trying to go one step further just to make you feel welcome, Miriam the young lady that took my reservation is amazing and went well out of her way to make every request work for me. And who could forget David, who makes you feel you are the only one staying in the resort. So attentive and helpful. From calling a cab to arranging and amazing private chef in my villa, that was unforgeable. The villa was decorated with outstanding high quality furnishings and I even had a private pool. The spa was clean and well run, and if you are in the area and cant get a villa at Vallarta Gardens you should at least do yourself a favor and stop in for a meal at the BEST restaurant in all the area. Do your self a favor and just go! if your trip is anything like mine it will be well worth the trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
8  Thank dpinoc99
Reviewed 5 January 2011

the property (VALLARTA GARDENS) itself is beautiful, very quiet and very clean. the staff are very welcoming and wonderful people.

our problem is that we rented one of the PRIVATE units(#35) and it happened to be managed from someone outside of the VALLARTA GARDENS property.

the place we had is only two years old, but has mechanical issues with the dishwasher, toilets, hot tub, hot water and also didn't come in a very clean state to begin with.

so if you are renting, just make sure the place is exactly as posted on the net before you get there.
if you rent directly from VALLARTA GARDENS it shouldn't be an issue.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
15  Thank 604sunseeker
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Villa Magnolia B&B
Villa Magnolia B&B
#5 of 7 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit

Been to Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club? Share your experiences!