I booked this trip using a ridiculous discount through eversave.com. It was a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday and I wasn't sure what I'd be getting for such a reasonable price. WOW did I end up scoring big on this one! We arrived in this little piece of paradise on a Wednesday night and were picked up from the airport and escorted to our own, HUGE villa. Everything was brand new and modern. We had two floors, including a giant kitchen and living room to ourselves as well as a huge rooftop patio complete with hot tub and couches to relax and enjoy the sunset.
The grounds were beautifully landscaped, from the lush lawns and gardens to the huge infinity pools and beachfront.
We had daily cocktails and chips w/ guacamole and pico de galo down by the pool. When we mentioned that we'd love to sit down on the beach, our attendant promptly set up a bed down in the sand with pillows and fresh towels. The view of the mountains across the water was breathtaking!
Little did I know, my boyfriend and the staff, led by David (my hero) were scheming as I enjoyed my much-needed vacation. Our second night there, my boyfriend had me dress up a bit and walk down to the restaurant area for dinner. We were escorted to a private table set up especially for us on the deck, right above the waves. White tablecloth, rose petals, you name it. David had worked with my bf beforehand to arrange for a perfect proposal! We had three amazing courses, customized by my now fiance, followed by dessert and a surprise! Unbeknownst to me, there was also a photographer hiding in the bushes, snapping photos of the whole thing!
As if this wasn't enough, we headed back to our "room" to find that the path from the doorway, up a flight of stairs, winding down the hall to the bedroom was strewn with rose petals and candles with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting.
Well...I have to say...I expected to arrive at a mediocre hotel and be forced into timeshare discussions. This was quite the opposite! I hightly recommend making a trip here if you're able. Beautiful resort, plenty of opportunity for excursions...DO IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new hotspot in the Pacific Ocean Vallarta Gardens Hotel, located in the heart of Riviera Nayarit in the quiet fishing village La Cruz De Huanacaxtle, provides the perfect setting for an unforgettable experience. Only about 14 miles from Puerto Vallarta's international airport (30 minutes) and 2 miles from the Marina Riviera Nayarit, the resort features gorgeous gardens and tranquil areas where the worries of everyday life just melt away. Vallarta Gardens Hotel offers the opportunity to vacation like never before. Its fully equipped units, decorated to the highest standards of design, excellent service, unique culinary offerings and exclusive amenities promise an exceptional stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vallarta Gardens Resort And Spa
- Vallarta Gardens Hotel La Cruz De Huanacaxtle