“FOR "BEAUTIFUL AREA BUT NOT CHILD FRIENDLY"”

Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I just came back from Puerto Vallarta a few days ago. I decided to enter trip advisor, when I saw the most recent review written about Vallarta Gardens, and read the comments titled "BEAUTIFUL AREA BUT NOT CHILD FRIENDLY" And after reading all the unrespectfull comments I think is SO important to POINT OUT that NONE of his comments are true!!! I've know this big old GERMAN guy for years, as we have run into each other at several time share presentations in Puerto Vallarta. He and his wife go from the US to Puerto Vallarta each year, so in deed my wife and his wife had spoken several times about the different incentives, including money, that we can get by attending these kind of presentations.

MOST important, this MAY 2013, we, both couples, attended the presentation @ Vallarta Gardens the very SAME day! In deed, when we were about to leave, he told us awful things about 4 different sales persons that we have also seen as the presentation room is very small. And ALL of the sales persons were very FAR FROM BEING the way he describes them. It is very unrespectful!!! Cause in deed EVERYBODY out there is VERY POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL! They are all very friendly, including with the kids we saw that day, and all the staff, including sales persons, are very well dressed ESPECIALLY WOMEN! But it is important to point out that by the time we were exiting the property, this "rude client" was complaining as he always does in each resort he goes about the money he was receiving for attending this presentation, (same as us by the way= 600 USD!) cause it is NOT the first time that we have seen how rude he complains about all persons and resorts!

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Cataneda
There are newer reviews for Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We were invited to do a viewing for some property investment. This place is a 45 minute taxi ride from Puerto Vallarta. The area was nice and the units looked good, just not a great value for being that far out with a very high purchase cost. There did not seem to be enough units to handle the amount of tours they are doing – over booking in the near future! This was confirmed in another Trip Advisor post that we saw after our tour that stated they had to share accommodations – not the best way to enjoy a family vacation, but you just do the best you can after spending so much money.
Our guide was Ali [abbreviation for her name she used]. For such a nice place she looked like a street walker and acted the same. She wore a dress that was about 4 sizes too small for her short stocky frame. It was slit up the front about as high as it go and still cover something and the buttons on top where stretched so tight that her black bra was always visible. In addition she did not wear a slip under her cloths so as we toured along the beach and anywhere in the sun, you saw everything that you did not want to see. Reminded me of things I would see on the strip in Vegas, just not anywhere as good looking. From the time she met us, all she could talk down to us about was that she deals with ‘Fly In” tours and not with people like us. We knew nothing about the property and she only dealt with people that have already been informed about the property before touring. Twice in the 1st 15 minutes she left us to talk to managers to try to get out of this. That alone set the mood for the tour. Most of the time she tour us, she told us little and if we did not ask, we would have missed many of the nice things this place offered [including a beautiful deck I discovered on top of one of the houses. The deck was great with excellent views and a great selling point she did not even bother to mention to us. I doubt if we would have bought there because you did not buy a fixed location and some of the units were far away from the beach and pool. The hot top was not hot, but the same temperature as the pools. Was told this was to save money for the home owners association – I would like a hot tub that is hot for this kind of investment. In addition the beach was extremely filled with pebbles and the small cove showed oil waste from the marina next door. There exit person was just as bad as she was, Tried to rattle us by talking down to us, even telling me that the gift he was to give me is more than I earn [another real piece of work].
Not a kid friendly vacation location. Over all the entire place was very nice and worth a look if you like to veg out in a great overpriced location, but if the staff is as rude as the sales staff, then this would be the beginning of a long term nightmare vacation.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking up stairs without rails - this woudl be a nightmare for you
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank El1Lobo
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We just returned from a 12 day stay at Vallarta Gardens (villa 5) and had an outstanding experience. I cannot believe the previous reviews that I have read but I guess there is some people that will just never be happy. When we first arrived we were amazed by the size of our villa it was a 4 bedroom 4 and a half bath villa complete with a balcony off of the master bedroom, main floor patio and roof top terrace with an an amazing view of the ocean. All the staff was extremely helpful especially Miriam the concierge who was ready to assist in recommending restaurants, helping my husband plan a surprise for valentines day and arranging transportation when needed. We have 2 children ages 11 and 6 and they had fun playing in the pool right outside our villa. La Cruz is a 10 minute walk away that has a fish market and many great restaurants to chose from. The hotel is currently building a marina which made swimming in the ocean very accessible for our children. We have all agreed that this was our best family vacation yet and will definitely be back to this resort! Thanks Miriam for all of your help.

Room Tip: Villa 5 was outstanding
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My sisters and I booked a villa the week before Thanksgiving at Vallarta Gardens at an incredible promotional discount. The villa rooms, master suite bed & bath, the deck, the kitchen, the living area, the private pool were outstanding. (BTW: This is not a children/baby friendly place: no children activities, the fixtures in the villa to not let themselves to childs play.)
A few other things I discovered during our stay:
1) After a few days there, my sister and I toured the grounds. This is clearly a property under renovation. If someone books a villa other than the #51 or the two surrounding that villa or those across, they are in for a big surprise. Many of the other villas set further back from the pool area and shore front are very 70-80's style and in dire need of renovation. You want to make sure you secure a newly renovated villa.
2)The villa floors are all marble. The air conditioning was located above my door entrance and was leaking. I walked up from breakfast one morning and slipped on the water on the marble floor and seriously bruised my hip. I am lucky I didn't get a concussion.
3)The showers in the bathroom, while gorgeous, could not deliver anything warmer than slightly warm water. I toured around three other baths on my villa floor to see if the lukewarm water issue was specific to my room and found it was not.
4 )If you need wireless access while there, heads up that only one person in the villa can be online at a time. The day before we left, it wouldn't recognize our password access at all; thankfully, the office let us use their account/password.
5) If you like to workout, the fitness center has a beautiful view of the water; however, for the three days I worked out there, they never stocked the fridge with cold water and never provided more than one fresh towel.
6) Finally, the big surprise they dropped on us: two weeks prior to our arrival we were told we would have another couple we didn't know staying with us in the villa. What?? We were sold into a villa with three couples consisting of my family, not four, including two total strangers.
Beautiful place, beautiful setting, but they clearly have several kinks to figure out before I would give this a higher rating.

Room Tip: Villa #51 was fabulous, just make sure they fix the leaking air conditioner above the second floor r...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank emf465
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We went also because of the eversave discount and made it into a week-long family reunion of sorts. I was expecting a private villa for our family but ended up being booked with another couple due to lack of availability. That issue disappeared quickly from my mind as soon as we saw our villa. We were in the 4-room Villa Orquidea with a private plunge pool and it was spectacular. There was a larger public pool steps away and the main multi-level infinity pool just down some stairs. We never ate there which was fine because there are plenty of yummy restaurants in La Cruz (Frascati, Tacos la Sillo Roja, Coleguita) that were so affordable and local cuisine. Sayulita was a short drive away with its colorful beach town atmosphere with more great restaurants. Yes, it is a 30 minute drive into Puerto Vallarta so if you want to be in the busy, touristy, expensive hubbub, Vallarta Gardens is not for you. A few tips: the internet is sloooow down to a crawl by midday. If there is more than 1 vehicle at a villa, you'll either have to share or walk a pretty good distance to the guest parking lot at the front. Security is great here as you can only get in and out through beautiful teak wooden gates at the front that are opened by hand. On a side note, we did not have the timeshare experience since we arrived later during the day so that might of put a damper on our time there but I heard you do get spa treatments and free excursion.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are equal in a villa. There is one master suite that's the nicest but the rooms ar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank mainlinenewb
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked this trip using a ridiculous discount through eversave.com. It was a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday and I wasn't sure what I'd be getting for such a reasonable price. WOW did I end up scoring big on this one! We arrived in this little piece of paradise on a Wednesday night and were picked up from the airport and escorted to our own, HUGE villa. Everything was brand new and modern. We had two floors, including a giant kitchen and living room to ourselves as well as a huge rooftop patio complete with hot tub and couches to relax and enjoy the sunset.
The grounds were beautifully landscaped, from the lush lawns and gardens to the huge infinity pools and beachfront.
We had daily cocktails and chips w/ guacamole and pico de galo down by the pool. When we mentioned that we'd love to sit down on the beach, our attendant promptly set up a bed down in the sand with pillows and fresh towels. The view of the mountains across the water was breathtaking!
Little did I know, my boyfriend and the staff, led by David (my hero) were scheming as I enjoyed my much-needed vacation. Our second night there, my boyfriend had me dress up a bit and walk down to the restaurant area for dinner. We were escorted to a private table set up especially for us on the deck, right above the waves. White tablecloth, rose petals, you name it. David had worked with my bf beforehand to arrange for a perfect proposal! We had three amazing courses, customized by my now fiance, followed by dessert and a surprise! Unbeknownst to me, there was also a photographer hiding in the bushes, snapping photos of the whole thing!
As if this wasn't enough, we headed back to our "room" to find that the path from the doorway, up a flight of stairs, winding down the hall to the bedroom was strewn with rose petals and candles with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting.
Well...I have to say...I expected to arrive at a mediocre hotel and be forced into timeshare discussions. This was quite the opposite! I hightly recommend making a trip here if you're able. Beautiful resort, plenty of opportunity for excursions...DO IT!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian P
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had a very interesting experience at Vallarta Gardens. Upon arriving to the complex, we discovered that the resort is most definitely not in Puerto Vallarta, but is actually out in the middle of nowhere. The surrounding area did not seem like the safest place to be and there were no restaurants within walking distance. So, if you think that you will be going to the heart of Puerto Vallarta, you will not. It is a 15-20 minutes cab ride into the city.
The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous. The grounds are immaculate and the pools are beautiful. The villas are beautiful at first glance, but upon further inspection could use a serious amount of maintenance and improvements. Our dishwasher did not work (which seems to be a common complaint) and we actually ended up finding a dead mouse in it on the second day, which explained the yucky smell in the kitchen. They came to "fix" it, but it was never actually fixed and ended up leaking all over the floor. We, too, ended up having to hand wash dishes everyday. Many of the outlets did not work, none of our outside lighting worked and there are not enough plates/utensils for the amount of people that the villas hold.
Perhaps the biggest thing that I think you should be aware of when traveling to this resort is the lack of access to food. There is only one restaurant on the property, and although the food is good, there is a limited selection and it is not open for breakfast (there is NOTHING to eat or get to eat for breakfast if you do not have your own food). You will quickly get sick of eating quesadillas and tacos for lunch and dinner every day. You pretty much have to plan on making a trip into the city to do some major grocery shopping for your trip and you will likely end up cooking a large portion of your meals. If this does not sound appealing to you, this is not the place to go.
Like I said, the grounds are gorgeous and we ended up here because we purchased a deal through Eversave (which advertised that it was in Puerto Vallarta) and the price could not be beat. However, if I had paid full price for this vacation I would have been really disappointed due to the lack of food choices, the sketchy location and the list of maintenance issues that kept arising.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Lyndsee W
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
W Punta de Mita
W Punta de Mita
#6 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Villa del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites ...
#10 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
B Nayar
B Nayar
#1 of 5 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit

Been to Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club? Share your experiences!