“Dinner at the Beach Club”
Review of Sandzibar - CLOSED

Sandzibar
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed at friends' condo at Alamar in La Cruz. Facilities are nice and the pools terrific! Located at the Beach Club is the Sanzibar, under new ownership. Had dinner there sitting at the far end table overlooking the ocean as sunset approached. This is the slow season right now so very quiet. Owner/Chef Je'sus came to our table to discuss the menu and our interests and prepared meals for us "to order"! A fab amuse bouche preceded entrees; everything was delicious and the setting exquisite. Je'sus is revising the menus and wants to appear on "Chopped"! I know he would do quite well! A bit pricey but prepared to your satisfaction!
They also serve guests at the pool; are working to improve communication skills, service and creating a new poolside menu and Happy Hour. There's a beautiful bar area but absolutely quiet now, but that's not what we were interested in doing. the infinity pool facing the ocean and grounds are lovely and beautifully maintained. They have private cabanas with overhead fans, sofas, TV etc. for condo guests if that's what one wants, but we were there for sun and water!

1  Thank PirateWildWoman

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I happened upon this restaurant by way of cupocity and have already made plans to eat there on my 65th! Only just added octopus on my "favorite food" list, I tried theirs. You need only a fork to cut it and wonderful flavors and presentation. Next was the filet Mignon with Portobello mushrooms with both a peppercorn sauce and blue-cheese butter. I asked for it rare, and it came out beautifully!

Service was attentive. Property was great and set-off by itself. Good signage to find it. Remarkable bathrooms were one of the best in Mexico! A MUST TRY.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We recently ate here during our stay in La Cruz. This is a beautiful setting, right on the beach, nice and breezy! We loved the beef brochettes for dinner - done to perfection and seasoned perfectly! We also really enjoyed the hamburgers - mine was with goat cheese and my husband had the shrimp burger - both excellent!! Our only complaint was that the large margarita was almost $20 US dollars!!! Also, the restaurant was not open for breakfast at 8 am (stated on their marketing materials, and even when I'd asked the staff the night before if they were open at 8 am)... We showed up for breakfast around 10 am and found the place deserted! They didn't open til 11 am, as it turned out... We didn't wait...

Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I had a late lunch here on a Saturday afternoon and were the only people in the restaurant. My pasta dish was to live for. My husband ordered a chicken dish that he thought was ok. The service was impeccable, the view is unbeatable but you will pay for the luxury of being on what feels like your own private beach. Wine was so expensive we went without. I thought we would go back for a special meal but we just ran out of time. However, this is definitely a special occasion kind of place.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

If you are in a mood for a great pizza, Sandzibar is the place. Beautiful sunny afternoon, lots of boats on the water, perfect place for lunch. Service is slow and not very attentive. But that didn't stop me for coming back twice.