“We didn't want to leave!”
Review of Villa Amor del Mar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Villa Amor del Mar
Tigard, Oregon
“We didn't want to leave!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

An unfortunate collision with a submerged rock and our boat left us without a place to stay. Fortunately, we found Villa Amor del Mar and stayed in the Casa Amor for three wonderful weeks. We loved everything about the Casa and the entire property. The view is to die for, many beautiful sunrises and sunsets and the location is right on the beach. Their crystal clear infinity pool is great to cool off or just sit in and enjoy a book or cold Pacifico. The bed was so comfortable! Most of all we love Chris and Cindy the owners, they made sure we had everything we needed and they have become very good friends for life. I highly recommend staying at Villa Amor del Mar!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AmorDelMar, Owner at Villa Amor del Mar, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Forever friends, indeed! Thank you David and Jan for choosing to stay at Villa Amor del Mar. You are such an enjoyable couple and we loved creating meals together and meeting your wonderful daughter, Lisa. Enjoy your voyage! Until we meet again, safe travels and mucho amor!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was my first trip to Mexico, and first to Villa Amor del Mar....but I'm hoping it won't be my last! As a group of 9 women, we rented all five rooms in the villa (plus the casa next door) for a wonderfully relaxing week. Each unique room in the villa is professionally decorated and beautifully furnished with comfortable high quality beds and linens. The fabulous smelling hand soaps, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner that was provided in the bathrooms was a nice touch. Each of our rooms was equipped with a small fridge, coffee maker, toaster and basic supplies and dishes for breakfasts and snacks, and the shared large kitchen allowed us to cook full meals if we felt like doing so. There is a daily fresh fish market in La Cruz for inspiration! The patio, lawn, pool and outdoor eating area were beautifully maintained and lush with real grass, bougainvillea hedges, banana and papaya trees and an ocean front view to die for. The close proximity of the village and marina made for some great morning walks. Aside from the stunning surroundings, it was probably Chris and Cindy's warm hospitality that made our stay so special. Whether coordinating a catered group dinner for us, or pointing us to the best local eateries ....it is clear that they both know and love La Cruz and the community.

Room Tip: The three rooms on the ocean side of the villa (Bahia is the largest) have stunning views and you ca...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
AmorDelMar, Owner at Villa Amor del Mar, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time! I knew you gals were relaxed when not one of you got out on the paddle-boards or kayaks when prior to arrival many of you told me how excited you were to do so. Indeed, Chris and I are proud to show off La Cruz, a true Mexican town, that exudes the peace and culture of the people... both nationals and those who've chosen to call it home. We look forward to your return! Blessings and LOVE! Cindy and Chris
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was my second stay at Villa Amor del Mar and arriving was just as stunning as the first time. The view, welcoming smiles, professionally designed and decorated rooms, they were all just as impressive as the first time, except now I had the added bonus of familiarity. I felt comfortable and relaxed, I knew the area, the restaurants. It was a great girls trip, we filled the whole place. My first trip was with hubby and was ideal for romance as well. I believe we have found our annual holiday destination. Thanks for a rejuvenating week!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
AmorDelMar, Owner at Villa Amor del Mar, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you, Courtney! We created Villa Amor del Mar for lovers and are inspired by how many folks are booking for retreats and reunions. Your group has me eager to promote more ladies and babies get-togethers! I especially adored that 3 generations and friends since kindergarten could unwind, visit and explore. 'tll next time, enjoy each day!
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Chris and Cindy provide the pinnacle of hospitality and comfort at this amazing gem they've created, right on the beach, in the heart of La Cruz. It truly was a home away from home! I cannot recommend this place enough. The attention to detail and thought that has been put into every aspect of Villa Amor del Mar is unbelievable. What's best, is that Chris and Cindy introduce you to the character and pulse of La Cruz, so that you really connect with the heart and beauty that this piece of paradise offers. At the same time, they are able to provide peace and serenity that's much seeked by vacationers, allowing you to enjoy and explore at your leisure. Whatever your desire, it's achieved here.

It's a MUST go. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014
AmorDelMar, Owner at Villa Amor del Mar, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Wow, Neil, thanks for your kind words! Chris and I enjoyed sharing our paradise with you and adored that you saw the beauty of our town, our friends and the music! Until next time we see you, enjoy and prosper!
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at Villa Amor del Mar for one night (January) and had such a relaxing and enjoyable visit at this charming boutique inn. I considered this a getaway within a getaway! (I was staying in Bucerias for a holiday). The inn is well-appointed, decorated, clean, fresh, and has the most comfortable bed and bed sheets! I love the "love" theme throughout, with the custom welding on the door, the railings, etc. There is a shared kitchen area for guests to use; I didn't need it, but it's a good option to have. And you could even set up a romantic dinner on the rooftop!!! This is definitely a well-thought out design/concept....love is in the air!

During my short stay, what did I do? I walked the beach; watched a surfer; ate delicious oysters at nearby Oso's Oyster bar (less than 5 mins from Villa); suntanned on the property and took a dip in the saline pool; I watched the gorgeous sunrise from my spacious balcony (I stayed in the Vallarta room); went for a sunset/whale watching cruise (Red Dolphin Tours) and took several, several photos.

Cindy and Chris are gracious hosts and I wish I had a longer stay there. I made new friends and I'm sure I will be back. It was a pleasure staying here. Muchas gracias!

For a longer review of my visit in La Cruz (and more photos), visit: http://innandaroundlacruz.com/2014/02/04/guest-blogger-tawna-brown-la-cruz-de-huanacaxtle-a-getaway-within-a-getaway/

(PS- I didn't rate room service because I was only there 1 night, and I considered the pool to be the fitness centre! I didn't get much fitness out of this visit, but I sure got a good dose of relaxation!)

Room Tip: I liked having a room that had a view of the ocean from the bed. They are all lovely rooms, but comi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thanks Tawna!! Next time you must stay longer. We enjoyed our time with you and your passion for life! We will follow your travels next year, look forward to hear more travelin' gal!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We went to Villa Amor del Mar looking for a quiet get away to celebrate meeting each other on Feb 16th, 33 years ago. We enjoyed socializing with the other guests, probably because people who choose to stay at boutique hotels tend to have similiar lifestyles. From the bed in our room, we could see the lights of the Bay of Banderas at night and in the morning we awoke to a orange lit sunrise. What a great pool and the beach was made for walking. It was just the kind of time together that we were hoping for.....................
Dave & Pat
Winter Snowbirds in Puerto Vallarta

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AmorDelMar, Owner at Villa Amor del Mar, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thanks for being our first anniversary at Villa Amor del Mar! Chris and I thoroughly enjoyed your stay and especially glad we could share the rooftop wine tasting and food pairing with you! We look forward to seeing you again. Happy snow birding!!
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Cindy and Chris are excellent hosts and Villa Amor del Mar is one of those incredible, special places that you just know you'll return to. I loved the modern architecture of the Villa, the beds were super comfy, and I really appreciated all the treats that showed up in my fridge for breakie. There is nothing like having that first cup of coffee and a bowl of fresh fruit right off the tree while looking at a sunrise coming up over the mountians with the waves hitting the beach.... a wee bit of heaven for sure. If you're looking for an authentic Mexican holiday away from the resorts but also don't want to give up any creature comforts, then Villa Amor del Mar is for you. We got the Experience La Cruz package and dined our way through some wonderful restaurants and enjoyed lively nights out. The weather was perfect every day, so having the pool at our feet was an added bonus. It was also great to be so close to the marina. It became a real pass time to watch all the yachts glide past on their way out to the bay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AmorDelMar, Owner at Villa Amor del Mar, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Muchisima gracias, Shari! Introducing you and Derry to all we love in our 'Peace' of paradise was so enjoyable! You took advantage of the best that La Cruz offers; the people, the music, the gourmet treasures and the sea! You must come back as there is so much I want to introduce you to, until then, hasta luego!
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,449 reviews

Been to Villa Amor del Mar? Share your experiences!