“Barely 3-star hotel”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Becici
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Barely 3-star hotel”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have recently stayed at this hotel for business and partly for holiday and we had very bad experience. This hotel is ranked as a 4 star hotel but I would give it max 2,5 stars. We have stayed here for 5 nights and we got a room facing the main road with lots of noise throughout the day and night. The rooms are very small, there was a dump smell in our room, perhaps because of the continuous leaking from the air conditioner. Consequently, there was a puddle on the floor, so we had to put some towel over it to prevent from slipping. There were also some other issues which were also not appropriate for a 4-star hotel (holes in blanket from a cigarette, broken safe deposit box etc.). We informed the reception desk about the situation in our room and we asked them if we could move to another room, facing the sea or the swimming pool. They said they are fully booked and that we have to wait till the next day if they can do something. So we asked them again the next day and every day of the remaining 4 days and they told us the same thing. They were claiming that they were booked out all the time, but we know for sure that they were not. One of our friend who came after us and left two days before us, had a nicer room facing the sea. So our only explanation is that maybe for the staff was 'too much work' to arrange the new room. Maybe just for sheer ignorance or laziness. I really can't understand it. It also took them 2 days to fix the safe deposit box, but they did't make it to fix the air-conditioner, so we were risking braking the ankle every day. Well, I have to say, they were all very kind and eventually wanted to help us, but they were totally inefficient.
Otherwise, the hotel from the outside and the lobby is well maintained and makes a good impression when you step inside and also the breakfast is rather good.

To conclude, I don't recommend this hotel and I would never ever stay here again. We travel a lot all around the world and have stayed at many hotels, from 1-star to luxury 5-star, but have never experienced such badly maintained room and inefficient, although kind, staff. They still have a lot to learn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
10 Thank Nezulja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and our two kids (6 and 1) spent two perfect weeks at this hotel from 11th of August 2013. The stuff of hotel are amazing, they are so helpful that I was quite shocked, especially since that was not the strongest part of Montenegro tourism. But things have changed. The Hotel was for my family ideal, almost at the beach, indoor and outdoor pool, beach was ever so clean, guys on the beach are helpful, they take care of your buckets and stuff for children at the separate box so you do not need to carry them back to your room. The girl Anja, who is hotels swimming instructor on the beach thought my sun to swim, and he had so much fun during the process. The most kind, and beautiful waitress at the Amfora restaurant (blond hair, sorry for forgetting name), was willing to make a special meal for our young sun of 1 year exactly as we wanted (this kind of service could never be included). And every one else, starting from the driver who picked us up at the airport. Rooms were clean, the food was superb. Just to be clear we always stay at hotels with 4 or five stars, so we have seen plenty of stuff around, so this hotel can easily have 5 stars. For those who love Aqua park there is one also, free of charge for guests. We are not so internet depended, but if we were the Wi-Fi service is limited, and week. In the rooms there isn't any, so I can figure that for some people that would be problem, so guys in Mediteran fix that. The only problem for us was a small room, it is standard double, but we knew that, the blue print of the room that was on the internet was 100% accurate. We decided to go there because of all other aspects, so since the weather was perfect we spent little time in room, and for that time room was quite good, but if the weather was worse the room would be a bit small for us with baby, because small kids that just learned to walk need more space. I read that they plan to build 3 more floors, my advice put some family rooms there.

So I recommend this hotel absolutely.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Kiza75
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We spent holiday in this hotel for a week .The best hotel we ever stay with clean room,good breakfast and dinner and beautiful indoor and outdoor pools.Beach is close to hotel and also clean with free sun beds and umbrella.The staff are kind.I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: first floor
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank piter07
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Having recently returned from Beicci we ate at this pizzeria most lunchtimes the staff and food both very good.

We looked at different restraunts and decided this one was very clean and good value for money.

Room Tip: Good lunch for two to share pizza and a salad and couple of beers About 13 euro.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mickley22
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was not sure what to expect from this holiday and particular this hotel as not having been to this part of the world since the 70's.

The first thing I noticed is that there were no other English people staying at the hotel and very few in the whole resort.That could be seen as good or not depending on your view.

The hotel is in a fantastic location so near the beech. It is spotless clean, rooms are well serviced and you are provided nice touch's such as robes and slippers and a huge bed. I was not too impressed with the air conditioning so not sure what it would be like in the height of summer. Breakfast was very good and something for everyone. The staff are excellent.
There were several notices around the hotel which I think were lost in translation and are a bit over the top. One such was 'It is not allowed to take food and drink in your room' fair enough but I don't think you need a leaflet which to me is almost threatening. Perhaps I am being picky or 'English'

Overall good value for money and would certainly go again

Room Tip: All of the rooms would appear fine either garden or swimming pool, it is not noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carol123967
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed at the Mediteran Hotel for a week. One of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in, immaculate in most places. The facilities are good, the pool area is fantastic. Internet in the room and wifi in reception.

The location of the hotel is also very good. You can walk into the main town of Budva in 20 mins and the hotel is just 90 seconds from the beach.

The reason I say funny management relates to the management regime in the hotel. They are clearly geared up and orientated for Russian guests. When it comes to English tourists it all seems a bit weird. There are badly translated signs around the hotel almost threatening you not to take food from breakfast, not to bring food in from the outside, never to take food to your room etc. They seem almost paranoid that your not going to pay for something. Having tried to add something to the room bill they attempted to keep my passport until the bill was paid.

Other than the odd management I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dave S
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

This is my first visit to Montenegro in ten years and I immediately remembered why I was avoiding this part of Adriatic, despite the overwhelming beaty of the nature and common language we speak. It all comes down to the value for money and level of service one expects in a 4 star hotel on the coast.
Hotel was chosen for a regional business meeting of mu company and we were all looking forward to spemding a couple of days on the seaside, combining work with a little bit of pleasure. To cut the long story short: the hotel staff is friendly enough, but if you have one receptionist per shift in a hotel with 800 guests, it is fair to assume that this person can't handle check in and check out, together with all te requests and complaints... So, they are overworked and slightly confused, doing their best but creating a feeling of not being efficient (I don't remember habing seen hotel staff using pencils to write room numbers in a notebook in years...).
The biggest complaints that beings back all the worst memories is the water shortage. It is beyond me how it is possible to have a hotel boasting an aquapark when you don't have water in your room to wash your hands or, God forbid, have a shower. It was a unique experience walking at 7am in my bathrobe to the room of my colleague who was on the 1st floor and had enough water dripping from the shower to help me appear decent at our 9 o'clock meeting. The explanation from the hotel staff that the problem is not with the hotel, but with the whole region is just not good enough. Again, it brings all the bad memories about water shortages in Montenegro from years and years ago and I really can't believe that it is still going on. Especially since we are now in the month of June, when the real season has not really started...
I am sorry to give such a poor review of this hotel, which has an excellent position, sandy beach and all the God given beauty that can make Montenegro a real travel destination and a pearl of Adriatic. Unfortunately, there is still a long way to go.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank SvetlanaM

Travellers are raving about these Becici hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Becici
Hotel Montenegro Beach Resort
#10 of 24 in Budva
IBEROSTAR Bellevue
IBEROSTAR Bellevue
#2 of 9 in Becici

Been to Mediteran Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!