“Great Hotel Location with very hepful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Queen of Montenegro
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Becici
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Hotel Location with very hepful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel is located in a great spot in Budva - Montenegro.
I was on vacation with my wife and came with one day delay linked to the bad service of Turkish Airline.
At the check in, we realized that our reservation got cancelled since the hotel considered our one delay as a no-show though our agent informed them about the problem that we faced. The front office manager understood the problem and knew that this is linked to a problem with hotelbeds website and gave us an apartment instead of a regular room.
As our luggage were not delivered, the front office personnel were more than helpful in contacting the lost and found office in Podgorica Airport in Montenegro.
I would like to thank especially Marko and Sasha for all their support.
The rooms are great with sea view and the breakfast that we had was very rich.
I would definitely go again to the same hotel

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

An excellent hotel. Have stayed there three times now. The staff are warm and friendly and very helpful.
The food, beach and our room were great. My wife and I had such a lovely time during our stay. I would really recommend a visit. The resort of Becici is good - choice of restaurants and bars along the promenade. Just short bus or taxi ride into Budva where it really gets lively.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view give best views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank richie515
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights as part of a package deal with Jet2 Holidays. Hotel very clean and modern, but the drive from the main road makes you think you are in the wrong place.

Get a sea view room, the other side (billed as mountain view) is really the car park view! Sea views are stunning and include looking over Sveti Stephan in the disctance.

Breakfast was always good with plenty of choices (almost the same every day) but a wide selection to chose from.

Whilst there were not many children in the hotel, they did make themselves heard! Staff did little to control them or their parents. (Banging on room doors as they ran through the corridors etc)

Evening entertainment was 'varied' ranging from good to cringe!!!

Whilst the Hotel states 'steps' from the beach, what they hasten to add is that it is 159 steps from the beach. But as easy climb including bridges, and slopes, it takes a while!!

The parade of tacky shops and restaurants arond the beach area does not reflect the style of the hotel at all.

Becici was a great base to have to explore this amaxing country. Go to Kotor, Puerto Montentenegro for great restaurants, Ulcinj for good food and you have to see Budva Old Town. All these were easy enough to get to if hiring a car...

Would I go back? Probably not as I have now been and there are better hotels to chill in, this must rank as one of the better hotels in Montenegro.,

Warning - many of the people on vacation in Montenegro regardless of boby shape find it perfectly acceptable to wear speedos and nothing else in the street! It does give the feeling of tackyness to the place......

Room Tip: Sea View room - Wifi is hot and miss in certain areas!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
5 Thank Dwalker66
Telki, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went to this Hotel with my Family from Hungary.A wonderful place and it has a really very polite stuff also in the reception and in the restaurant.The hotel has an own beach and the sea is very clean here.My kids enjoyed it so much.We had really a pleasant time in this Hotel and can offer it.
Lehel Harsanyi Hungary

Room Tip: The best are rooms with seawieves
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Lehel2089
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week with my wife in June 2014, great hotel, well laid out, good facilities, big bedrooms, very clean and well looked after.

This is a proper 4 star hotel and one that I would definitely recommend. Food is buffet style, but there's plenty of choice, all fresh and well prepared. Staff in the restaurant are excellent, and the restaurant manager has the place very well organised.

Pool is lovely, enough sunbeds for all, and enough seating for lunches, drinks etc.

I'm being picky, but the only things I would suggest for improvements are that sometimes in the evening, you do end up waiting a little longer than you'd want for the staff to take drinks orders, they could do with perhaps one more member of staff serving. The towels in the room need to be larger, or there needs to be more of them (I know that they want to discourage people using the bathroom towels around the pool, so don't give you big towels, but if that's the case then you need more than one small bath towel and a hand towel each). See I warned you I was being picky!

The casino was a little disappointing and seemed to be an escape ground for men to disappear from their wives for an evening! It may benefit from some lower stake tables, this might be me being tight, but I think more people would use it if there was a more reasonable table limit on some of the tables.

I do have to say that I don't think the hotel is suitable for anyone who has mobility issues, there's a lot of steps to get from the hotel to either the beach or beachside promenade.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially as the journey time from the UK is good, 2.5 hours flight time, plus 1-2 hours transfer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pfm18
Alba Iulia, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel last week with his wife and daughter during the summer. Everything was perfect, welcoming hosts, hotel cleanliness impeccable. Varied menu both breakfast and dinner. The pool offers a picturesque view of the Becici and the private beach offers peace and comfort to those who want to stay close to the sea. Everything was perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank IoneLL
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We chose the Queen of Montenegro Hotel and Montenegro with some trepidation as our main holiday this year. We had heard various stories about poor service and poor facilities being the usual experience of Montenegro but wanted to give this young country a try. Both the country and the Queen far exceeded our expectations. Our room was spacious, bed comfortable, bathroom satisfactory and quite unusually a separate toilet with hand wash basin. I could moan about the poor design of the shower which resulted in a wet floor occasionally, the shaving mirror with faulty light, air conditioning that was mildly noisy when starting up after being switched off but these were trivial issues that I did not report until I vacated the room. There were so many positive things about the hotel that it was not worth dwelling on the negatives. I stayed on 5th floor overlooking sea which coupled with being up a hill side giving us a nice panoramic view. The main Adriatic highway was immediately below us but the traffic noise was of little consequence.. The Hotel is steel and glass but blends in well with surroundings. All areas of the hotel are spotlessly clean. The bar/ reception area was huge and airy and always at a comfortable temperature. Entertainment every evening local singers performing UK/USA pop music one lady was quite good but some of the guys were mediocre. The Montenegrins we found to be very helpful, polite and friendly wherever we met them and the staff of the hotel were no different being extremely polite, friendly ( helping us with the language) this included everyone including reception, porters, bar, dining room, chambermaids and the beach staff. The ability of the restaurant and bar staff to remember room numbers after a few days made us feel special rather than just another customer. The pool area is adequate - not really enough sun beds or umbrellas and the usual reserving of beds with towels and not being used. The pool is not big enough when hotel is busy. We used the beach where you pay €10 for 2 beds and one umbrella there are cheaper alternatives but on the hotel beach you get better space and good facilities i.e. toilets showers etc. The walk down to the beach is not for the infirm! The beach is shingle in the main and I would recommend boots to enter water. The sea is not suitable for young childern/ non swimmers as it shelves steeply and being 6 foot tall I was quickly out of my depth. The drinks are reasonably priced in the hotel and the beach restaurant provided reasonably priced food and drink. The food in the restaurant was OK but in my experience you don't go to what was once know as Yugoslavia to enjoy culinary delights. Compared to previous hotels I have stayed in Croatia the Queens food was better. The choice was a very wide selection of Mediterranean dishes even a fussy eater should find something to their liking. We travelled to Budva and Petrovac by local bus which was so cheap compared to UK and a very regular to Budva.. I don't understand fellow travellers desire to walk to Budva I think it was too far. Advice regarding overcharging by Taxis put us off using this form of transport. I would recommend seeing as much of the country as possible as it is beautiful. I wonder if Montenegro is being spoilt due to over development a number of constructions are going up in Becici. I enjoy going to destinations where I can enjoy the local culture and interact with holiday makers from other countries. . A lot of the tourists in the hotel and in Budva generally seem to be uncouth Russians .

Room Tip: Higher floors enjoy better view of sea panorama. We were 5th floor. Highest I think was 6th but I...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
6 Thank CrocodileRoc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Becici
Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort
#6 of 24 in Budva
Hotel Mediteran
Hotel Mediteran
#6 of 8 in Becici

Been to Queen of Montenegro? Share your experiences!