Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$166
US$356
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjapanese restaurantstar hotellight switchesturn down servicemain restaurantrooms are bigsea viewold townthe hotel offersspa resortprivate beachspent a weeknice beachbreakfast and dinnerrelaxing holidayindoor poolsveti stefan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Somehow I always forget to write a review of the hotel that I have been at so many times before, both on business and on vacation. Being from Montenegro, and having been at so many hotels in it, I believe that I can be trusted if I say that this is definitely the best hotel in Montenegro.
Standard rooms are great, spacious, clean and furnished in beautiful beige wood and warm tones, beds are amazingly comfortable, with spotlessly clean bedding. Each room that I have been at so far had a balcony with pool and side sea view, and I found it very convenient and nice.There is a fantastic marble bathroom in each standard room (believe me, this "standard" is equal to "superior" or "de luxe" in most other hotels throughout the world that I have been to) with both sunken bath and a shower in it. Of course, towels are spotlessly clean and bathrobes and slippers are provided. The only thing that I found somewhat bizzare was a semi-glass wall that separates the batroom from the room - you can see it if you remove the curtain in the room, and I was explained that it was made in ordar for the guests to be able to watch TV while being in the bathtub. I haven't tried that to be honest, but it is strange that the curtain is actually operated from the room and not from the bathroom, which is not very convenient if you are with children there, I guess, as they can remove it at any time and see whatever it is that you are doing in the bathroom.
I was very happy with the service, perhaps because I am local and speak Montenegrin. I noticed that the level of the knowledge of English among staff could be better, although they all seem to have mastered Russian well, probably due to a great number of Russian guests coming there. Food was delicious, in fact it is constantly good.
Spa centre is simply amazing, as well as their conference facilities, which I have used even on this occassion. Above all, there is an amazing hotel beach, long, sandy and well maintained, which is a part of Becici beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in Montenegro. All in all, this is an amazing hotel that I always look forward to going back to.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dragon_girl67
MontenegroStars, General Manager at Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor and for the time you dedicated to us.
It is a pleasure for the hotel's personnel to learn that our clients enjoyed their stay.
We hope to welcome you in our hotel on many more occasions.
Sincerely yours, Mirjana Mrkalj General Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel is impressive, large and situated right on the beach.
Stayed there for the New Year's package 2012/2013.
Services great (some waiting but the hotel was packed so no issues about it), food also great - liked the great breakfast choice.
The wi-fi does not work in the rooms but does in other guest areas.
Smoking is allowed in the lobby of the hotel.
Pool area great (indoor and outdoor, can spend the whole day there).
It is a bit away from the city center (Budva) but the taxis are so cheap there that we were using them all the time back and forth the city,
Prices are a bit high for the stay, but try to watch for some special promos, our package included 3 nights in double room + breakfast and the cost was 210 EUR per pax for the three nights.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed at the splendid hotel last week with our kids aged 2 and 1. we were a little concerned about the comments we had read about the staff not being very nice - but in fact we had completely the opposite experience. the girls at the front desk were lovely and even allowed our two year old to "work" with them in the afternoons. the concierge was very helpful with everything we needed, and helping to organise our trips during the day. and we couldn't have asked for better restaurant staff who were very attentive to the kids and were very patient with them. I had one spa treatment which was surprisingly fantastic. while the main restaurant was not so aesthetically pleasing, the food was very good. the indoor pool facilities are fantastic, and again, great for the little ones. and the kids castle was perfect to stop in for some play time - milana is fantastic! we stayed for five nights and since there is only so much two little ones can handle during the day, we spent quite a bit of time at the hotel and can recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank c g
MontenegroStars, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear c g,
We would like to thank you for having shared your review on TripAdvisor .
Your feedback is very important to us. Our team was happy to find out that our efforts have been appreciated and remembered.
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.
Splendid Conference & SPA Resort

Reviewed 11 March 2013

i was at Splendid for the new year 2013, we stayed there for 3 nights. When we left i forgot a box with some jewellery in the case. Because of some personal issues i couldn`t get them before march. It was freally disappointing for me to notice that 2 Swarovski necklaces where missing. The hotel was nice even though overpriced in my opinion but after this experience i will not go back. It is not safe and not serious also!

Room Tip: do not forget anything there! You will never be sure to get it back!
Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Mireda
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Have to say that this is one nice hotel. Fantastic view to the Adriatic Sea, it also has nice pool and SPA. Nice restaurant with nice choice of different food starting from vegetarian till heavy meat eaters (only if you come late, everything might get coldish).
The hotel is typical Resort hotel.
Be aware that you can not take any food or drinks to the hotel. You will be stopped even if you buy some souvenirs from outside (wine or beer or something else).
Other thing is that you can smoke almost everywhere. There is a little island in the middle of reception where you can't smoke but it does not help if everyone smokes around that area. Though, you can also feel that someone had a cigarette in almost every room.
Service is another story. Some of the waiters are very friendly but most of the staff really don't care about you. Smile is something you should not expect in most cases.
Generally hotel is nice. For the resort I would prefer to go to Croatia or Turkey.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the view to the Adriatic sea
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business