We arrived at the airport and greeted by a number of Thompson reps who pointed us to the bus we required for the transfer, they packed up our luggage and checked us on the bus. The transfer was fine, but the weather was terrible to nothing really to report. (The only thing I would say is beware if your like me and your scared about ferry crossings as one is on the transfer which I was never told about - it may only be 15minutes, but I was terrified!) One thing to note is that English mobiles do NOT get any signal at all as soon as you land in Dubrovnik - maybe this is something you can discuss with your phone provider before travelling but neither contract or pay as you go phones worked.
On arriving at the hotel we were checked in at reception. Another review commented on the rudeness of the receptionists - I don't think they are, they were simply busy and trying to see everyone quickly.
The rooms themselves were a good size, very clean and tidy. The cleaner always checked if you were in the room before entering - and always returned to the room later in the day if you were still in there. V.Good service.
The only recommendations that I can think of for the are the showers are in the centre of the bath wall and the shower door is on the side - so you ALWAYS flood the bathroom, no matter how hard you try, it could be very easily rectified. Also the all inclusive guest are unable to take any drinks back to the room without being fully chargeable, but you also have no tea or coffee facilities in the room. Missed this, and sometimes you just want a quiet drink together in the room.
The food was of good standard in the main restaurant, with reasonable hours of serving, there is an option to go for a later breakfast if you like your lie in. Good selection I would say to meet all tastes, and the main meats/fish of the day is cooked fresh in front of you. The Pizzeria is another restaurant where food is served when the other is closed, but the food here isn't eaten and replaced quick enough so at times it could be cold and being to stale. But the pizza at busy times is very nice!
My main point is that the bar staff, and waiters are brilliant, they work non stop, and ALWAYS with a smile on their faces. Between them they are fluent in many languages, particularly English, French, German and Russian. I would like to note that all inclusive guests shouldn't forget that tips are important here. It can be very easy to just walk off if food isn't being paid for. The staff here do not "wait" for tips like they can do elsewhere.
Iberostar should be very proud of the bar staff and the cleaners at this hotel, I not once had poor service from the bar staff and I don't think I used the public toilets once without being followed in by a cleaner! They do an outstanding job.
Another reviewer noted about the building works going on - this is going on throughout the area of Budva as they are beginning to grow into a large tourism area and can only be expected. But it is high up and set back away from the main hotel so it was not something very noticeable to us. (Maybe this is different if you are in the closer area of the hotel - I don't know?)
My only other comment was that the evening entertainment wasn't particularly to our taste, the music nights were ok but the comedy club was at best very strange. It may have been that it was designed to European humour but none of the English guests who we talked to really understood what it was all about. I think this really needs looking at.
Overall we have had a very good experience with this hotel, and would certainly look into staying here again and other Iberostar hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you wish to spend a relaxing holiday on the shores of the Adriatic Sea, the Iberostar Bellevue hotel is an excellent choice because of the quality of its facilities, its exclusive location on a stunning beach, and the pleasant atmosphere for couples and families with children. The Bellevue features 40,000 m² of gardens, perfect for enjoying a stroll among the beautiful local plant life; a culinary offer comprised of three restaurants and six bars; rooms that are perfectly equipped and comfortable with personalised services; activities for children in the Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), and Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17); live shows and entertainment for guests of all ages; a wellness centre with a sauna, Jacuzzi, steam bath and body treatments to replenish your energy. Other services include a games room, free Wi-Fi, tennis court, water sports, fitness centre, outdoor pools... everything you need to spend some extraordinary days in Montenegro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Iberostar, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Bellevue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Bellevue Hotel Becici
- Iberostar Hotel Bellevue
- Iberostar Hotel Budva
- Iberostar Bellevue Montenegro/Becici