We stayed here for 5 nights and it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!! From the moment we got there we had a number of bags that we were struggling with and the hotel staff just watched us enter without sending anyone to provide us with any assistance. We then proceeded to the counter for check in - there was no smile or greeting just a simple 'name'? Then they demanded payment up front and told us we would have to leave our passports there for them to complete some 'paperwork' (which is strange as I've never had to do this at any of the other hotels) and that WE could come and collect them that evening. We got to our room which stunk like stale cigarettes and like it was old and musty (which it was furniture was stained and everything was really old). This room looked onto a driveway and directly into the laundry of the hotel next door (which was part of the hotel chain) and even though we had requested a room with a double bed we had 2 singles pushed together. I was so disgusted that I went down to complain and see if we could have another room (which I never do - this was the end of our trip and we had been staying in hostels so I wouldn't say I'm fussy but this was worse than any hostel that we stayed in the whole time). The lady at the desk was the rudest person I have ever dealt with she basically said too bad you booked a standard room so if you want something decent you have to pay for a suite. The room that we had booked was already 160 Euros a night and there was no way I was paying more as the hotel was horrible and old in general. She then said she would see what she could do and went out the back - there was a glass mirrored glass window that you couldn't see through so that you couldn't see out the back but I had moved over to the door way where I could see and she was rolling her eyes and obviously telling her colleague what was going on which I thought was so unprofessional - and she was the manager. She then sent us to a worse room in the hotel next door (which was a lesser rating and wasn't the one we had booked and paid for). After that we just gave up and took the first room.
It was horrible because we felt like we had to stay out all the time because the smell of the room was so revolting and the pool was so packed there was no point in even going. They pretty much charge you for EVERYTHING 5 Euro to use the fitness centre, 6 Euro to use the wifi (which doesn't work in your room and barely works in the lobby so I wouldn't even bother purchasing it), 3 Euro a day to use the safe and the list goes on.... We wanted to leave after the first day but we had paid up front and knew we would have issues getting the money back.
The buffet dinner was absolutely disgusting - it reminded me of school camp. We walked in once and there was not a table free. Then we had a look at the food and just left - we went to breakfast once and it was really ordinary also. We just walked down to the beach and got these delicious burgers for 2 Euro's - and they're huge!!
I'd have to say the best thing about this hotel was that it had good shower pressure and that would be about the only bit of praise that I could give. The staff were rude and unhelpful (the worst I've even encountered), the hotel was aged and the rooms stunk, the pool was so packed that there was no point in even going, you had to pay extra for everything even though you were already paying a premium rate (especially as this was end of season), they had nightly entertainment which would be incredibly loud and so if you ever wanted to go to bed early good luck getting to sleep, the food was the biggest waste of money EVER and I could go on and on all day.
Montenegro is such an amazing place and I loved everything about it - everything EXCEPT this hotel. My advice would be just stay in a little pensioni - save your money and go and have a nice dinner every night and treat yourself to some of the amazing activities that montenegro has to offer. Go to Dukley for dinner AMAZING!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking to spend a relaxing holiday on the shores of the Adriatic, the IBEROSTAR Bellevue hotel is an excellent choice because of the quality of its facilities, its exclusive location on a stunning beach, and the pleasant atmosphere for couples and families with children. The Bellevue features 40,000 m² of gardens, perfect for enjoying a stroll among the beautiful native plants; a culinary offer comprised of three restaurants and six bars; rooms that are perfectly equipped and comfortable with personalised services; activities for children in the Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), and Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17); live shows and entertainment for guests of all ages; a wellness centre with a sauna, Jacuzzi, steam bath and body treatments to replenish your energy. Other services include a games room, free Wi-Fi, tennis court, water sports, fitness centre, outdoor pools... everything you need to spend some extraordinary days in Montenegro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Iberostar, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Bellevue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Bellevue Hotel Becici
- Iberostar Hotel Bellevue
- Iberostar Hotel Budva
- IBEROSTAR Bellevue Montenegro/Becici