“Nice view”

Type: Other
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Awesome views surround this rappelling experience into vertical space from atop Table Mountain. A must for true adventurers and thrill seekers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice view”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you are going to Table Mountain for the first time this is a must due. please book in advance and this activity is very dependent on weather conditions. I had to reschedule 3 times before i went due to weather conditions. Keep in mind there will be a 45 min hike up, be hydrated for it and make sure you are strong enough.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank kulsum k

Newcastle, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“OMG !!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

An amazing experience, not to be missed
Staff where excellent , fantastic views
I'd suggest doing just before 12, to avoid having to do the 30 min trek back up to the top in the heat .
This also leaves plenty of time to enjoy the rest of the table top

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highly recommend ”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We booked our abseil through Gavin Pfister at Extreme Scene who I'd highly recommend. The trip was a present for my husband for his 30th birthday from family so we booked fairly early into our trip.

We were not disappointed. My husband had abseiled before I had not. I was totally petrified literally crying at the top for fear of falling and breaking my neck!! The guys, particularly JP were so incredibly kind and patient with me and gave me clear instructions and reassurance. It took us 15 mins to get down with me stopping several times to remember to breath ;-) but once we were at the bottom I was so proud of myself! The hike back up was hard work and took nearly 45 mins with a couple of rest breaks inbeteeen but the weather was glorious and we enjoyed the whole thing. We were able to record the whole thing on our Gopro which gave us a few giggles once we got home.

A recommendation would be to book the tickets for the cable car online beforehand as we didn't and the queue to buy tickets is longer than the queue for the car itself.

We'd highly recommend to all you thrill seekers out there but prepare to be scared whilst taking in some breath taking views!!

Nice, France
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thrilling”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed it, was a great thrill, but I found it too expensive. It's great, but lasts only about 5 minutes.

Visited March 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“an amazing experience - just do it!!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We did this with our 10 & 12 yr old kids who were brilliant. It is very scary at the top but well worth the adrenalin rush. The views are stunning just try not to look down too much. I had read lots of reviews about the walk back up being worse than the abseil, not true! The walk back up was easy, ok so a couple of bits were narrow and you have to be careful but there is nothing to be worried about. It was very hot the day we did it and i was glad we had water. I was gutted we'd left the bag at the top though with cameras etc. we could have easily abseiled with a small camera in our pocket. All in all an exhilirating experience and we felt really proud of ourselves for having done it.

Visited January 2014