“Enjoyed my holy week vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Club Cagpo

Beach Club Cagpo
“Enjoyed my holy week vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I enjoyed staying here. Scenery is beautiful, food is great, my room is great, service is great. Staff and owners are very cool and friendly. Dogs are very friendly. Its just too far from the port but once you see the scenery, you will forget how tiring the trip is. I will return there again but this time as a backpacker.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

During our recent visit in Marinduque , I make it to a point that we visit this place because of all the good reviews I read that got me curious. After spending several days staying with friends in Sta Cruz we decided to book a nite of stay here. I never met the owners, thus concluded they were not around. Instead we were attended by an expressionless people. I tried to make a cheery conversation with the staff, asked for where the nearest ATM, to no avail....no informations. (duh) -Not helpful at all. Low tide during our stay too, so swimming was out of the question. The food was a bit pricey for ordinary taste. Not much of a choice as it is not allowed to bring food from the outside and other restaurants seems far even though we got our car with us.
Rooms are ok, big spacious clean. We stayed at Rick's room, the water in the faucet is tiny & pierce sharp, splashed on us when we use it. No shower curtain wetting the bathroom floor with not even a bathroom rug to wipe the feet dry. I do not have the energy to report or comment it as the people outside might give me another " talking-to blank-wall" look.

My final attempt to be friendly as i turned in the room key before we go, I asked if they have the schedules for Montenegro Shipping. I couldn't believe I got a reply with a bit of a smirk from the people there. " No...but there is a trip every hour anyways!" irked and wanting to release some sarcasm, though I do not want to let this stone-faced characters destroy my trip, i threw a reply "Well, I need the schedule for the Ro-Ro, we brought our car with us..." they look at me with again "duh" reaction.
Overall, this place is ok, a bit overrated maybe, that's why I expected more.
Lastly, I gave 5 stars to the 3 dogs, the only beatific expressions I ever get from this place.

Room Tip: We stayed at Rick's room, the water in the faucet is tiny & pierce sharp, splashed on us whe...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VictoriaTim
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

When you arrive at this resort, you can claim to be the closest you'll get to the Geographical centre of the Phili. without getting your feet wet.
You may arrive as guests, but due to the outstanding hospitality of Harry & Charmaine, you will assuredly leave as friends, vowing to yourself to return.
A perfect finale to your trip to spend a few days unwinding before returning home.
If Harry the "Chef Extrordanaire" is in attendance, your dining experience will
warrant a Michelin Star rating. A good selection of wines, plus ice cold beer to complete the menu. Share an after dinner Jagermeister with Harry at your own risk.
Rooms are clean, comfortable, & more than adequate, & only a few steps to a private white sand beach with clear water. Snorkeling equipment also provided.
Check with airlines to see what services apply, or catch the coach from Manila that will drop you at the entrance.
Become one of the Cagpo Beach Club "family", a decision you'll never regret.
Hope to meet you there, as my wife & I will continue to be "repeat offenders."

Room Tip: Rick's Room or the Bridal Suite are both well presented, with additional accomodation under cons...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ron W
Arendal, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife, my daughter and me stayed at the place for 3 nights in the beginning of February, and we really had a quiet and peaceful stay. The beach could have been cleaned up and kept free of dog mess, but the honeymoon cottage was nice and clean and the food was excellent! The staff were friendly and the prices were affordable, and that`s the reason we decided to eat all our meals there during our stay.

Room Tip: The honeymoon cottage is more spacious and stands alone compared to the other rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank REISERUTE
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed here for a night with my family. The rooms were very cheap and basic, but spacious and comfortable. Due to limited electric supply in the island, the ACs have to be turned off for a few hours every night, but it's not a problem. They have a bar that serves local beer until about 9PM or later, when Harry and Charmaine, the very accommodating owners, decide to call it a night. Their labradors, Max and Ludwig, roam freely around the resort, and they're very friendly!

Their patch of the beach is small, but it has a small hut out near the shore where you can just lounge and relax. They have a bar that looks out to the beach, and you can hang out with Harry there and drink. The resort is adjacent to other noisier resorts in Cagpo, which could have their karaoke machines on until late. In Harry's words, we were unfortunate enough to stay there on the night the resort had a live band performing, but it wasn't really a problem.

The best thing about our stay was their food. Though you can't bring in your own snacks, they have quite a menu that has huge servings - meant to suit Harry's German/Aussie appetite, so it's more than what you would expect from a resort, and also worth the money. Their Aussie Monster burger is so good! They make the beef patties themselves - it's probably a quarter/third of a pound, and it's thick and juicy. The food is worth coming back to.

Room Tip: They don't let more than five people stay per room, so you have to split your group if there are...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Arianne C
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

When you go to the seas of Marinduque the main concern is the Boat and the Knowledge of the local boatman. You need to visit the Floating Island that appear around 4pm before the High Tide, they call this " Palad or Palm of your hand ". Imagine yourself in the middle of the sea and still walking on a beach with 12 inch shallow water ( thats the lowest level of water and then slowly as hightide returns it will go back to 30 feet or more. The experience of it is something not to be missed while in marinduque. and if you are a fan of fish. this is where you'll see big parrot fish and some scary Barracuda.

Now going to Marinduque.i always visit with my friend who is a local of Lucena. we drive to General Luna a local town in lucena. there locals have boats and will bring you to the resort for 2500 pesos, or there is a commuter boat for 75 pesos that brings you to Marinduque . But i suggest take the local boats from general luna as they can go as low for the boat rates for a 10 seater boat. The rate im quoting is a BIG 30 seater boat that i chartered for me and my friend only. i am scared of rough seas so i required a BIG boat. as ive said 2500 this includes the island hopping and the search for Palad, the pick up for your return to Lucena and also all the other movement on the sea. The room is just right nothing special. it was just a sleeping area for me and a toilet to do my personal stuff. most of the time we are on the boat because the water is just remarkable. at 40 feet the bottom is still white sand. so imagine how clear the water is.

Room Tip: Any Room is OK. nothing special.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank BrawnJoeBlack
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights here. Had we known how nice the place was we could have happily spent all of our vacation to the Philippines here. The owners, Harry and Charmaine, treated us more like family than guests, and the staff were very friendly. If you're looking for a quiet break this is the place to go to relax for a few days. The island has frequent power cuts but the resort has its own generator so it was no problem. If we visit Marinduque again then we will certainly return to this small resort.

Room Tip: We recommend the air-con cottage.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Villa Khristalene Resort
Villa Khristalene Resort
#2 of 4 in Talisay
Anilao Scuba Dive Center

Been to Beach Club Cagpo? Share your experiences!