See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I booked two nights at this motel because it was the only place I could find in the St. John's area over Labour Day weekend for less than $100. It was only $79 per night and the reviews here were mixed, so I went there expecting the worst. I was driving in from out of town, so I even brought my own sheets and blanket in case the ones there were smelly or scratchy. However, when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised! The staff was friendly and welcoming and although the building is old and the decor is slightly dated, it was actually really cozy. Flat screen TV, good water pressure in the shower, comfy bed, and the sheets were soft and clean. The location was also great - only 15 minutes from downtown, and there was a nice movie theatre right across the street. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit on a budget.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 24 July 2012

From my experience, I would recommend this motel to budget travelers needing to stay near St. John's. The service was questionable, and there is no WiFi available, but for $90 (taxes included), it's a reasonable deal. The fridge and microwave in the room make this a good choice for people traveling with a cooler and attempting to keep costs down. There was no breakfast included, but with the large number of fast food outlets in the area, that wasn't a big problem.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Telserv
Reviewed 30 April 2012

OMG... this place is disgusting, rooms smelled of cat urine and cigeratte smoke. Bed linens were not even changed from the previous guests who stayed there. They brought clean linens and remade the beds but needless to say we didn't get much sleep and as soon as dawn broke we were out of there. If you are considering booking here think long and hard before you make that decision.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank freckles824
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Had a pleasant stay in October 2011. Room was dated a little. Clean and only 79 dollars.

I would recommend to anyone on a budget or looking for a deal. i see them renovationing. May even get better. Hope to see the price stay the same.
Friendly girls on the desk.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank traveller6565
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Hotel Greenwood is a very nice and clean hotel. I just stayed there in October and I found it to be very comfortable with friendly employees. It is a little dated but the new management are making the appropiate changes by updating the rooms. They are also at a very good price at only $79.00 per night. I really enjoyed my stay there, will be visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business