“Best Deal In town”

Greenwood Lodge & Motel
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The Greenwood has gone thru many upgrades the past year, New Bed linens and Matresses as well as upgrades to the faciltiy. My experiences with the staff have always been pleasant and helpfuil. There are several amenites closeby, Thetres, Supermarkets, bars & Restaurants Etc.. And one highlights a beautiful board walk out behind the facilty that goes along the Waterford River.

Some reviews are somewhat misleading and outdated since recent changes have been made, overall, the best deal in town at under $100 a night.

Room Tip: Did you know they have a detached Cabin that can be rented @ $99 a night!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed there with my husband last month. Better than I expected. As with any place there were mixed reviews online but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We were greeted by a nice young man on the desk, who was very helpful and answered all of our questions. The room was a great price, very clean and taken care of.
We stayed there for 2 nights on the weekend and didn't have any trouble. Would certainly recommand this place to anyone looking for a nice room at a great rate!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed one night. The bed sagged in the middle, the bed spread was old and worn out, paper thin walls. Had to listen to the people in the next room argue most of the night. Then they would go outside on the porch and smoke. We had to close the window or die from the stench of their cigarettes. People from the bar as well smoked cigarettes and pot outside our room. 79.00 bucks is a deal, but I would recomend people book elseware. We had driven most of the day and if I was not so tired, I would have raised a little more hell about it. It is old and needs a good overhaul.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I booked two nights at this motel because it was the only place I could find in the St. John's area over Labour Day weekend for less than $100. It was only $79 per night and the reviews here were mixed, so I went there expecting the worst. I was driving in from out of town, so I even brought my own sheets and blanket in case the ones there were smelly or scratchy. However, when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised! The staff was friendly and welcoming and although the building is old and the decor is slightly dated, it was actually really cozy. Flat screen TV, good water pressure in the shower, comfy bed, and the sheets were soft and clean. The location was also great - only 15 minutes from downtown, and there was a nice movie theatre right across the street. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit on a budget.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 24 July 2012

From my experience, I would recommend this motel to budget travelers needing to stay near St. John's. The service was questionable, and there is no WiFi available, but for $90 (taxes included), it's a reasonable deal. The fridge and microwave in the room make this a good choice for people traveling with a cooler and attempting to keep costs down. There was no breakfast included, but with the large number of fast food outlets in the area, that wasn't a big problem.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Telserv
Reviewed 30 April 2012

OMG... this place is disgusting, rooms smelled of cat urine and cigeratte smoke. Bed linens were not even changed from the previous guests who stayed there. They brought clean linens and remade the beds but needless to say we didn't get much sleep and as soon as dawn broke we were out of there. If you are considering booking here think long and hard before you make that decision.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank freckles824
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Had a pleasant stay in October 2011. Room was dated a little. Clean and only 79 dollars.

I would recommend to anyone on a budget or looking for a deal. i see them renovationing. May even get better. Hope to see the price stay the same.
Friendly girls on the desk.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
#10 of 24 in St. John's
No photo provided
Hotel Mount Pearl
#1 of 2 in Mount Pearl

Been to Greenwood Lodge & Motel? Share your experiences!