All reviews residents lounge sea view smoked haddock room was large welsh cakes guest house fresh fruit rona accommodations delight microwave sunset
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Stayed in York House over the easter weekend 2010 with the christening party. Both the York and the sister house next door Pebbles are wonderfully furnished and with the 'hostess with the 'mostest' Rona and her husband Phil watching over the guests and fulfilling their every needs to the max this turned out to be a wonderful weekend break. Rona could not do enough for everyone and offered my party cafetiere coffee and hot cross buns on arrival. The rooms are delightfully decorated with all mod-cons and with tea/coffee/hot chocolate and bottled water replenished each day in all the rooms. Breakfast is full welsh and there are plenty of alternatives including scrambled egg with salmon or porridge. Toast and coffee/tea are aplenty. I would advise anyone going to Borth to stay in these two hotels where you will be more than satisfied with your stay. Well done Rona and Phil and thanks for a great weekend! Barbara x

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Bigbabs
Reviewed 11 January 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the York house & it's neighbour "pebbles" on a number of occasions and cannot recommend it highly enough.

The owners Rhona & Phil are very welcoming hosts and cannot do enough for you.

I would definately recommend paying that little bit extra for the upstairs "compass room" as you can sit in your bay window with fabulous un-interupted views of the ocean.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marvintheboston
Reviewed 10 November 2009

My husband and I were traveling through Wales without hotel/bed and breakfast reservations as we did not know where we would "land" each evening. We took a side road off the highway and ended up in a beach town with not many hotel/inn signs. We stopped at a new looking grocery store and one of the employees recommended the York House. What a pleasant surprise.
The inn is directly across the road from the sea. The couple who owns the York House also owns the inn next door and uses both of them for guests. The room we stayed in was a king room on the front with a bay window overlooking the ocean. The room was gorgeous and up-to-date with all the amenities including a fireplace. The bathroom looked like something out of Architectural Digest with large rainhead shower, large soaker claw foot tub, and beautiful compass mosaic floor. Even had wifi in all the rooms. The breakfast was incredible-it was more like a buffet, not your typical continental breakfast as so many places provide now. Choices of croissants, smoked salmon, smoked haddock, omelet, speciality cheeses, homemade granola, and my first ever lovely lemon marmalade. The owners are very friendly and make you feel at home. I hate to gush over this place as I will probably never get a reservation again! It was a remarkable find and kudos should go to this couple for their hard work in making this such a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple