“Fav Indian restaurant”

Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Borth
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my favourite Indian food restaurant because of their lovely onion bhajis and chicken tikka. My husband's favourite is the meat madras and we have a lovely meal or takeaway from there every two weeks. Cash only and take your own booze.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Food was awful. Staff were diabolical. Microwaved curries. Sloppy discraseful food. Owner was so rude and useless. We returned our food and he promised us a full refund but after digging through the food on the FRONT COUNTER. He didn’t follow through with his promise. This restraunt isn’t fit to be open the hygiene rating is 2 star and the lack of fire doors in there. I WOULD NOT RETURN TO THIS RESTRAUNT IF I WAS PAID.

1  Thank Tobias W
udad12, Manager at Borth Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

You complained about everything on your order and demanded money back, and was advised to bring it back.
You brought back only 1 main meal out of 6. When questioned about this you quickly changed the subject from quality to quantity of chicken in the curries. You first claimed there were no chicken in the 2, Chicken Tikka Masala then claimed there were only 3 pieces of Chicken in there.
If the food was so awful as you claim why was most of it eaten?
I would have happily returned all your money if you showed a bit of decorum and not insulted my staff and business.

I am glad you will not return.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful takeaway whilst staying at Brynowen Holiday Park. 3 very different meals and we couldn’t fault any of them. My son and I shared a chicken tikka masala with pilau rice and keema naan. I’ve had better keema Naan’s but it was nice, my husband had a special biryani which he thoroughly enjoyed. My mother in law had a prawn korma with pilau rice and garlic naan. I would recommend a visit if you are near by, you can sit in and take your own alcohol as they aren’t licensed but we were holidaying with our dog too so we got a takeaway and took it back to the caravan.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Rang to book a table as in half term, no need, we were the only ones in. The lady serving us was very pleasant and have no complaints there. The first warning sign was the 2 on the food hygiene scale! We would normally never go an establishment with such a low score but had seen reviews about the food on tripadvisor and thought it would be ok! The table and chairs and general decor were beyond tired but the general overall cleanliness was grubby! We were given a window seat next to several rotten peppers sitting in a bowl in the window, probably to ripen a month ago! There were numerous skeleton spiders and bugs hanging from window frames and pictures! The food it’s self was ok and the fact you were able to bring your own beer got it a star but there are much nicer better curry establishments in Aberystwyth.

1  Thank Puggerly
Reviewed 16 May 2018

The Food was fresh and tasty and very well presented . The atmosphere was pleasant and welcoming. Will definitely return.