“Great little cafe”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Borth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely staff, great service and food - the ideal place for a bite to eat or just having a relaxing coffee.

1  Thank Jason G
There are newer reviews for Oriel Tir A Mor Gallery

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is the cutest gallery with excellent food. I was in Borth, walking up and down the street, and saw this cute gallery with an ice cream stand, and I walked in. The owners were extremely nice, and talked to me about Borth. They showed me the gallery, with paintings of local artwork. They do photograph and artwork framing in the back, so if you need something expertly framed, I recommend them, too, as I got to see some of the finished frames and they were beautiful. I initially decided to have some tea, and a scone, which were fabulous, but I was in the gallery admiring all of the artwork for a long time, so I decided to stay for lunch, too. Excellent. The food quality is wonderful. Locally grown. I will be back next time I am in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stopped for something to eat late on Good Friday, not long before closing time. It's worth mentioning that the only reason we stopped here was because I only had a Visa card and the place we planned to eat at didn't accept cards (surely essential in the 21st Century?), so we walked down the road to get cash and came across this place. They accept cards and so decided to give this place a try rather than going back to the other place. I wasn't too sure about it to begin with, paintings on the wall behind us for sale at £1200 & £950, surely the food was going to be expensive? No! All reasonably priced and well presented. Enthusiastic staff took the order and all was cooked and served quickly. The food was well cooked and presented, the portions were sufficient without being excessive and it was delicious. The staff were about as friendly as could be without being overly intrusive and the next time we are in the area, we shall be going back for more.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We telephoned the Tir A Mor in the morning to enquire about the local weather as we wanted to visit Borth to see the ancient forest, exposed on the beach during recent storms.
The owner was very helpful and friendly and I said we would call for lunch.
We found a lovely welcoming atmosphere with a great lunch menu and interesting surroundings.
The restaurant and toilet were spotlessly clean, and we enjoyed really good filled jacket potatoes with a great salad.
Definitely worth a visit if you are going that way!!!

1  Thank danielbrooks3
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I visited oriel tyr a mor in the summer and had the local crab sandwich,absolutely amazing. I returned recently with my partner,we had breakfasts.The food was delicious,cooked well with quality ingredients.This Restaurant is a real gem.

1  Thank Alibally123