“MUY AGRADABLE LUGAR!”
Review of Casa Margarita's

Casa Margarita's
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Creel
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This hotel is very clean, the service is good, food and tour guides. Mr. Maklen Mendoza is a good tourist guide, as well as Martín. Mr. Ezequiel and Omar are a good tour organizers and I happily recommend them. Creel is a wonderful place to visit and learn about Rarámuri culture. Marcela

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Paid 250 a night for my own room.
Clean, hot water, good bed. Food is also included. Quality of the food is ok. Served at another hotel some 5 min walk away.
What you can expect for a hotel room at that price.
Overall i'm satisfied for my choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 2Bacan
Reviewed 13 September 2012

we stayed in Casa Margarita because it was the cheapest option in town, if you count the included internet, breakfast and dinner. They were a little bit pushy with the tours and the service was not great (very hard to find someone to speak to, cleaners coming in the room without knocking etc.). About the food I can only say that you get what you pay for (not much). Breakfast is usually good, dinner not really, so we often went somewhere else. We loved the location (from our room we had the view over the main plaza) and the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luna_infierma
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Least expensive option... I booked through hotels.com the night before and had no problems checking in. The room is spacious, the bathroom is clean and the shower had great pressure. It includes breakfast and dinner!!! It is right in front of the main plaza and the people in the hotel will offer you great tours or will guide you where to go in case you want to tour by yourself.
Internet and parking is free.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bambamgp
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at Casa Margaritas in the Jose Maria room. Overall the experience was pretty good. The beds were comfortable, showers were good and the food was ok. We only had the breakfast so I cannot comment on the dinner. The service was pretty good and they helped out when we asked. The wireless Internet also worked really well

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank junkscience89
Reviewed 18 July 2011

It has honestly been years since I have stayed here but I know the owners are the same so I wanted to share my experience in retort. First, the rooms which include 2 meals, are extremely cheap. It seems crazy that people are claiming the owners are trying to get one over on them. Consider this as supporting a rural mexican community.

When I stayed there, I paid a few dollars to stay in the dorm with my friends. We had just planned on one night on our way to batopilas (an easy hitch hike away if youre worried about tour prices). I became seriously ill running fevers in the 103 range, vomiting...everything awful. Without asking for a penny more, they put me in a private room, fed me soup and brought in a doctor. On 3 reyes day she even made the bread. The maquilla was in my piece and I was able to leave the next day feeling great.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Thompsonamanda
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Perhaps because I speak fluent Spanish I may be more tuned in to this sort of thing, but I found the management to be very cold, ony interested in you as a source of revenue. There are many rules and if you don't get back by a certain hour you can actually find yourself locked out for the night. I did not feel at all at home here. For a completely opposite experience I recommend the Hotel La Posada where you have free run of the place, can use the kitchen at all hours, and are made to feel like one of the family.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family