Hunter Homestead
Tonic Hotel(Pokolbin)
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
Branxton Hotel(Branxton)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Just what we were looking for,ticks all the boxes & big enough to accommodate our large family group.
The breakfast provisions were a nice surprise, bacon & eggs etc & the complimentary wine was great.
The weather was not the best but the large covered entertainingt area kept us all nice & dry while we had our BBQ.
When we go away we look for a place that is clean & comfortable & doesnt break the budget & this place fits the bill, it is well equiped & located in a beautiful area this was a bonus, would definitely recommend this property as good value for money.
The bbest nights sleep I've had in years.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 8 April 2012

First pulled up and my thoughts were , surely not. Broken pots , weeds growing in the gutters, untidy gardens and yard. Main entry was through the laundry. Kitchen was old and smelt damp. It had no atmosphere and was quite a let down. To be honest the second night I ended up sleeping on the floor more comfortable than the horrible trundle bed I got stuck with on the first night. I was looking forward to the "gourmet breakfast" which was Aldi bacon eggs and juice. So still disappointed. I certainly wouldn't recommended staying at hunter homestead if u have a taste or desire for quality.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I took a recent weekend trip to the Hunter Homestead with a group of girlfriends in search of fu n , relaxation and luxury.... well have to say the location was lovely and I had a nice early morning walk. The property itself is disppointing. Broken plastic pots, a broom propped at the back door, some mud swallow nests covering the back of the home and a welcome sign that was so old half the letters have fallen off. Yeah it was kind of clean but the kitchen cupboards were musty. I got stuck in a single bed and my friend in a trundle that was so uncomfortable she spent the next night sleeping downstairs on the floor and had a better sleep - seriously if you get a big bed you are lucky !! If you are fussy with decor then you will be disappointed with the dated 80/90's presentaion. Thank god the weather was good...

Room Tip: Get in early and choose a big bed !! The single , trundle and sofa bed are awful
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachel N
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I have stayed here twice now and both times have been great. It's very large and had plenty of room for us to socialise and relax. The bedrooms are all a good size and the house is clean and nice. The setting and scenery is beautiful.

There are more luxurious places available in the Hunter but you can't beat this place for great value-for-money.

It had everything we needed for a great weekend in the Hunter.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Stayed over here for the week-end as my daughter was getting married. Large clean house, accomodated 10 of us comfortably. Breakfast provded was lavish and more than enough for us all. - eggs bacon, milk, juice etc.. plus a bottle of wine.
When we found the b.b.cue wasn't working, we walked to the owner's property behind the homestead, and he not only let us use his b.b.cue, but also gave us some glasses of wine and had a good yarn to us.
Very hospitable, and if we want to go away in a group again to the Hunter, we will certainly return to the Homestead!

• Stayed: March 2010