“Fantastic to enjoy..”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lovedale
Blackwattle Luxury Retreats
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lovedale
Reviewed 7 September 2013

W are here for 2 nights and its very unforgottable memory..
We can enjoy the scenery while drink a glass of wine and watch the wild kangaroo... In front of our villa there is a vineyard..
The entire room was perfect..clean and cozy..
They provide a ipod deck so u can enjoy to listening ur own music..
The kitchen set is very complete so u dont need to go outside eat. U just cook and enjoy the rest of the night with the beautiful scenery of hunter valley.
I really love this hotel..
I hope can come to visit this hotel 1more time.

Ps : very queit and the hotel owner always welcome as from email. We cant even meet the reception or other people.
All is very prepared before we reach. The key is outside the house and they will give us the code to enter the villa.

Just the location is very difficult to find and u need to rent a car.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dianella C

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 2 nights in the middle of July and it was just beautiful. I had pretty high expectations after reading through all the reviews and it did not disappoint. The cabins were just beautiful and cosy, I could easily live there! Waking up to the kangaroos feeding of a morning, relaxing in the huge bathtub of a night, it was just what we were after - relaxation! Amanda was just lovely, very welcoming and the hamper she supplied was huge! We stayed in one of the nights & ate from it as there was so much food!! I definitely recommend staying here, located in such a lovely area in beautiful surroundings, it's definitely worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katho03
Amanda L, Owner at Blackwattle Luxury Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so glad that your high expectations did not lead to disappointment with your stay. We try very hard to represent everything as accurately as we can and the best comments we receive are the ones that say it is even better than the website. (Of course we can't do anything about the weather which wasn't great while you were here!)

You are right about watching the kangaroos - there is something very relaxing about watching them feeding in the morning and at dusk. After 5 years here, they still stop me in my tracks to laugh at their antics, or to be amazed at the sight of a little head popping out of the mother's pouch to have a chew of the grass as well. Keeps us all in touch with the basics!

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

This place was everything & more. Absolutely brand new, beautifully decorated & such pretty little touches everywhere. We will absolutely be going back there again. Perfect for a romantic, secluded escape

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Elelane
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My second visit to Blackwatle Luxury Retreat and I loved it even more than the first! Why? This time I met Amanda and Scott - they weren't here the first time!
I just love this place! It is so quiet, with fabulous views of the vines, mountains and of course, the kangaroos! The breakfast hamper is fabulous and the beds are so comfortable that it is hard to get out of them!
One of the other things I really appreciate is the absolute cleanliness of the cottage - everything is spotless.
I don't want to stay anywhere else when I visit the Hunter Valley. Thank you Amanda and Scott!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ilab
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Spent 4 nights here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What a gem! Every detail is included and the level of luxury is fantastic. We enjoyed watching the sunset each evening from the very comfortable lounge area. The king size bed has the crispest, white sheets we have ever slept in. The two person bath is very deep and we enjoyed watching the surrounding countryside while luxuriating in the tub. A memorable wedding anniversary.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 29plymouth
Amanda L, Owner at Blackwattle Luxury Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your wedding anniversary at Blackwattle and we are glad that it met all your expectations. The sunset is certainly special from the deck of the retreat and there is nothing better at the end of the day than a glass of Hunter Valley wine and that view.

P.S. Your comment re the white crisp sheets was passed on to Camilla at the Foam Room Laundry Service who was absolutely thrilled to receive some feedback. She always goes to a lot of trouble to keep everything in perfect condition and deserves to be recognized. All part of a great, happy team we have here.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I took my sister in law and her new husband to Blackwattle as a wedding present. This was the most beautiful serene place. Waking up to kangaroos was a treat, and coming back after a long day of wine tasting to sit by the fire was absolutely divine. The breakfast basket was awesome, truly Amanda and Scott we take our hats off you really have thought of everything. We will definitely be back (my husband says yearly) and would recommend to anyone wanting to visit the Hunter Region.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Cori T
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My girlfriend and I booked the couples retreat over a weekend and we couldn't have had a better time. The cottages are superbly stocked with everything you could possibly need, and have a beautiful view of the valley. We loved the bathtub and found the entire experience incredibly relaxing and romantic. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Tjbones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovedale
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley Hotel
3 mi away
Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley

Been to Blackwattle Luxury Retreats? Share your experiences!