Blackwattle Luxury Retreats
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lovedale
See available hotels
Tonic Hotel(Pokolbin)
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
Good 3.5/5
Branxton Hotel(Branxton)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssunset retreatwatching the sunseteach eveningnative treesbreakfast provisionshunter valleycouples retreatdeck cafelocal kangaroosshort drivelast weekendanother couplestayed here for nightssunday morningbedroom cottageplace to staymargaret
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Hi,
if you're looking for a romantic getaway to the Hunter, Blackwattle Retreats is the place to go! Accommodation is absolutely gorgeous and in a beautiful location.
would definitely go back and recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corina897
Reviewed 7 September 2013

W are here for 2 nights and its very unforgottable memory..
We can enjoy the scenery while drink a glass of wine and watch the wild kangaroo... In front of our villa there is a vineyard..
The entire room was perfect..clean and cozy..
They provide a ipod deck so u can enjoy to listening ur own music..
The kitchen set is very complete so u dont need to go outside eat. U just cook and enjoy the rest of the night with the beautiful scenery of hunter valley.
I really love this hotel..
I hope can come to visit this hotel 1more time.

Ps : very queit and the hotel owner always welcome as from email. We cant even meet the reception or other people.
All is very prepared before we reach. The key is outside the house and they will give us the code to enter the villa.

Just the location is very difficult to find and u need to rent a car.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dianella C
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 2 nights in the middle of July and it was just beautiful. I had pretty high expectations after reading through all the reviews and it did not disappoint. The cabins were just beautiful and cosy, I could easily live there! Waking up to the kangaroos feeding of a morning, relaxing in the huge bathtub of a night, it was just what we were after - relaxation! Amanda was just lovely, very welcoming and the hamper she supplied was huge! We stayed in one of the nights & ate from it as there was so much food!! I definitely recommend staying here, located in such a lovely area in beautiful surroundings, it's definitely worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katho03
Amanda L, Owner at Blackwattle Luxury Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so glad that your high expectations did not lead to disappointment with your stay. We try very hard to represent everything as accurately as we can and the best comments we receive are the ones that say it is even better than the website. (Of course we can't do anything about the weather which wasn't great while you were here!)

You are right about watching the kangaroos - there is something very relaxing about watching them feeding in the morning and at dusk. After 5 years here, they still stop me in my tracks to laugh at their antics, or to be amazed at the sight of a little head popping out of the mother's pouch to have a chew of the grass as well. Keeps us all in touch with the basics!

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

This place was everything & more. Absolutely brand new, beautifully decorated & such pretty little touches everywhere. We will absolutely be going back there again. Perfect for a romantic, secluded escape

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Elelane
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My second visit to Blackwatle Luxury Retreat and I loved it even more than the first! Why? This time I met Amanda and Scott - they weren't here the first time!
I just love this place! It is so quiet, with fabulous views of the vines, mountains and of course, the kangaroos! The breakfast hamper is fabulous and the beds are so comfortable that it is hard to get out of them!
One of the other things I really appreciate is the absolute cleanliness of the cottage - everything is spotless.
I don't want to stay anywhere else when I visit the Hunter Valley. Thank you Amanda and Scott!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple