“Nice Tasty Food”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Nice tasty smoked food, nothing fancy but a great meal which we really did enjoy. Fairly well priced and quick service.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The restaurant serves excellent Mod Oz food. If you like desserts, you'll have trouble chosing from the very good selection. Multiple paintings give a jolly atmosphere to the room, The smokehouse products are kept in display refrigerators at the entrance to the building. There is a wonderful array of products. All look very good. Those we bought were beautifully smoked.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Visited Majors Lane restaurant on June long weekend with husband and 2 yr old daughter. Although we were too rushed to have entrees, I had the beef cheeks for main and my husband had lamb backstrap. Both were outstanding. Beef cheeks fell apart in a rich sauce and lamb had beautiful middle eastern flavours. Both were coupled perfectly with Majors Lane 2007 Shiraz. Quality of children's meal was also very good. If I had to complain about something it would be that the hostess was abit sour and they only had one highchair for the entire restaurant which was already booked. This is the second time I have been to majors lane and I will keep going back when I visit the hunter. The place is polished and the food very tasty and outstanding quality.

1  Thank Antz18
Reviewed 2 June 2013

After we had been here for lunch last year at Smokehouse Café, sitting outside on the lovely terrace and enjoying good white wine with our tapas style lunch, we decided to go to Majors Lane restaurant for our anniversary dinner.
It was on Good Friday, and the place was almost empty.
We had entree, main and dessert. After my entree (Australian wild caught barramundi and Lovedale Smokehouse smoked cheddar quesadilla with pico de gallo and guacamole) I felt very full. The food was tasty but very fat, and the serving too large for a starter. My husband had Country style charcuterie plate of rabbit terrine, duck and orange pâté and porketta with piccalilli, sherried prune drizzle, cornichons and toasted sour dough. He loved it, but it was also a big serving. For the main course I had Roasted salmon fillet, wok tossed Hokkein noodles, Asian greens, black bean sauce with lime beurre blanc, and that was just ok. My husband's main course was Slow braised beef cheeks, Autumn vegetables, cream whipped potato mash and tomato and Majors Lane Shiraz jus. Again, he was quite happy with his choice. We ordered some of the sides, as I love vegetables. We had matching glasses of wine, they were good but not outstanding. For dessert we shared a cheese platter, but I was already to full to really enjoy this. Coffees where great.
If it was just my opinion, I would have given this place an average, but If you love big servings, and don't mind rich food, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We didn`t have dinner but stopped for lunch twice. We really enjoyed the food and eating outside in the sun. We agree that the service from the waiter was rather lack lustre and we felt like we were putting him out (and we were the only ones there). But overall, worth a visit.

1  Thank sylvie_novascotia