Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Cessnock Motel(Cessnock)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$100
Hotwire.com
The Convent Hunter Valley Hotel(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
US$225
Pokolbin Village(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
US$92
TripAdvisor
Wine Country Motor Inn(Cessnock)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$103
US$101
US$93
Tonic Hotel(Pokolbin)
1,759 results
All reviewsbedroom villakids clubgolf coursehunter valleyred saltredsalt restaurantbuffet breakfastlarge poolschool holidaysthree bedroomegg stationtable tennisthe main hoteltennis courtsgreat resortgreat for familiesgreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Perfect base for exploring the Hunter Valley -great facilities & the villas had everything we needed. Food at Red Salt restaurant was lovely & we had a great time lounging by the pool.

Most of the staff were awesome, especially Lynn who served us late night drinks & deserts & the young golf cart driver who picked us up in the rain :)

• Stayed: March 2014
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hi LaniesArt

Thank you for your review. It is always pleasing to read such positive feedback.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Lynn.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My Wife,myself our son, & his wife & our two grandsons visited in February this year..
Our accomodation was simply amazing.
Two huge bedrooms . one with en suite, separate second family bathroom, & a large kitchen dining area,
We had access to the large swimming pool which was great for the boys, & we even managed to fit in some wine tasting.
We ate on site & the food was edible but I have to say not great.
That was the only quibble we had about the place, but maybe its just our British palate.
I f we ever get the chance we will certainly return one day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hi foreverblue

As always I am glad to read feedback of Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley and thank you for taking the time to express your views.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought the accommodation was simply amazing.

We would love to have you back for another visit if you are to return to Australia.

Once again, thank for your comments.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here for a work trip recently, their conference facilities are fantastic and their hotel rooms are divine. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa upon checking in which was absolutely beautiful and spacious. This was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in a hotel, with strangely gigantic pillows that are so comfortable.

The entire hotel is set out like a little village, surrounded by a golf course. Once you check into the villa's it can be quite a walk back and forth between the hotel lobby, restaurants and pool, but a quiet stroll through the gardens adds to the ambience of the Hunter Valley.

The only thing I can fault about Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is the terrible service - all in all, no one was particularly helpful. It can be quite a walk from the lobby to the villa's, especially with luggage, they have passenger golf carts (seemingly to transport staff and guests around), but I didn't see this service offered once. Not even once I'd lugged everything back to the villa, then had to go back to reception because my room key didn't work, then had to lug it all back again!
The housekeeping team also left a dirty towel from a previous guest in my bathroom, I would have expected more diligence from the housekeeping team, but can understand how it would be missed.

Pool area is beautiful, as is the little bar by the pool for food and drinks. Their breakfasts, was one of the best buffets I've ever had. There is a barista on hand to take a proper coffee order, and an egg chef to make your eggs to order however you'd like them. I did however think that $38 for a buffet breakfast was a bit steep.

Overall, I really enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, and would happily return.

Tip: the Hunter Valley visitor information centre is directly across the road, so pop in and find out things to do and see in the area. The visitor centre also sells some produce from the local vineyards.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi Petrhyce

Thank you for your recent comment regarding your stay with us.

It's pleasing to read that you were happy with your stay and that you would return. We look forward to that.

It is disappointing to hear that you felt that our service levels were below your expectations and we apologise for this. Our resort offers complimentary buggy rides to and from the villages for all guests to assist with luggage etc. You just need to let us know. As you know, all villas have private car parking available right in front of the units for guests arriving with their own transport.

Please be ensured that your feedback will be shared amongst our teams as we strive to exceed your expectations.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look foward to your return visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The staff here were very quick to serve us at reception and even gave us an early check in as the room was clean and ready. We stayed in a villa and it was great. Nice view, very quiet, very clean, huge rooms. I have nothing bad to say about this stay at all. The Hunter Valley is beautiful, we were very happy with our stay here. We will be staying again at the same time next year that's for sure!

Room Tip: The villa's are fantastic if you have children or are travelling with another couple. There is enough room with your own bathrooms to have your own space yet still have a large shared space too. We had an upper level room in the villa which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
David B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi 0travel0

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

We strive to give great service to all of our guests and it makes me happy to read that we exceeded your expectations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed with friends in a 4 bedroom villa, was clean and tidy, had everything you needed. Large bathroom downstairs and bedroom upstairs had ensuite. Grounds tidy pool area fantastic. Only negative outdoor setting very dated and small for a large group, only 2 chairs and tiny table. Great starting point though to visit the beautiful Hunter Valley

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nunawad

Hi nunawad

Thank you so much for your review of our resort.

While I am pleased with the good comments that you have kindly given us I truly value the commewnts regarding the ourdoor furniture as this gives us the opportunity to improve.

Once again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back soon hopefully.