Stayed at this hotel many times, but not in the last two years. Booked direct with hotel, ( 16-18 May ) and main building was full, ( Lovedale long lunch w/end ), however offered two bed villa at same rate rate. ( We are Ambassador Platinum Priority Club ). Two hours from hotel they contacted us and advised could not offer villa: we were in main building (?). Room 362 was very average, badly needing re-furb. Mirror over bar, quite ancient. Accepted Room 244 after quick look and had to go out and meet friends. Returned early evening and started to notice: soiled/stained carpet and very well worn near sliding door, numerous marks on walls, balcony chairs tatty, balcony needed cleaning and painting, two double beds and only one side table, bulb had thick dust, headboard on bed closest to window was stained, with upholstery buttons coming adrift, reading light flickering. Gave the list to the 'Rooms Experience Manager'. The 'Rooms Division Manager' left a note. Had a nightcap at the lobby bar. Fire was barely a flicker. Girls in bar advised 'it was out of fuel'. My wife politely asked front desk male person breakfast closure time next morning ( Saturday ). He advised 10:00AM: she moved away and I observed him pull a face! Very childish and unprofessional. I tried to find other accomm. in Hunter Valley next morning but all booked solid. Met with 'Rooms Division Manager' in my room next day: no other rooms available: pointed out all deficiencies. He agreed refurb was needed, but couldn't tell me when. I advised I wasn't prepared to pay $658 for two nights in a hovel. He advised he would take it to the G.M. No contact was made or compensation offered. I was telephoned the next week by Robert Coates: GM, who seemed surprised I wasn't offered compensation. He advised he would get back to me and didn't. I e mailed hotel a week later advising that the next contact regarding this 'event' they would get would be from the Dept Fair Trading. I received a cheque a week later. Totally disappointed. Spoiled a hard won break away. Far from any Crowne Plaza usual standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale, Australia