Stayed here in a 3 bedroom Villa with 2 other mates for our 50th.
Right on the Hunter Valley gold course, and we loved the course, more than Cyprus and Vintage that we played, as it was a nicer/easier way around.... the other 2 were punishing, and therefore less enjoyable for a weekend hacker!
The accommodation itself was great, just what we needed, 3 good sized bedrooms, a kitchen, TV, nice bathrooms... fluffy white towels... was quiet at night, and heating kept us warm, as it was freezing..
Living Room a good size too..
The Lovedale brewery was cosy, the food was great (pizza was yummy at least) and the dark beer was very nice, but didnt like the perfumey other ones much... also nice and warm, and lots of different seating options... also meant could have a drink, and not drive anywhere.... self contained really...
table tennis tables, pool table, huge pool, and donkey kong/galaga machine were fun..
Staff could be a bit friendlier, especially in a tourist area...
TV reception on some channels snowy, and most cut off, so couldnt read any text on bottom or left and right...
Luckily the Wifi was free as my mate had some club status, but it was pretty bad, and would have asked for a refund if we had have paid! Only just works really... definitely needs an upgrade
Breakfast was not included, and should be, for the prices they charge... am not paying an extra $33 a head for breakfast, thanks. the italian restaurant in the pokolbin village did a great fry up.
Maintenance attention to details:
The front door latch was so stiff, you had to slam the door, literally sounding like it would come off the hinges
They had a sign saying conserve water in the shower, but switching between bath and shower, always left both running, and a complete waste of water if you are only showering..
Small things, but that's what you notice.
Would I stay there again? Yes, if I wanted to combine golf and a stay again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale, Australia