The Bronte Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Molly Morgan Motor Inn(East Maitland)
Quest Maitland(Maitland)
Old Maitland Inn(Rutherford)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Sir Francis Drake Inn(Port Stephens)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main streetnext morninghunter valleyb bdelicious breakfastyogurtpoached eggsguest housetea and coffeebalcony overlookingcouldn't do enoughthree nightsthe pubphone callshops and cafeshome madeexceptional service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2013

A quick phone call to the owners on my arrival had me inside the premises and the owner arrived a few minutes later. I had the choice of 2 rooms and picked the queen size. Very comfortable with a lot of character, including chocolates!

This is a 2 story guesthouse with what appeared to be livingrooms downstairs and most of the bedrooms with ensuites upstairs.

I was initially concerned with the noise from other guests on the creaky staircase but after 8pm I never heard another noise.

My other brief moment of concern was when I could not unlock my door whilst inside the room. It was an old fashioned lock and key and was almost at the point of ringing the owners when I heard the joyful click of the lock. After that it was simple to do and I was greatly relieved that I had not embarrassed myself with a rescue call.

Breakfast the next morning was served on the sunny balcony over looking the town and countryside. Good menu choice -I had fresh fruit and yogurt, French toast with banana and bacon and a pot of tea - just lovely!

Would definitely stay here again and might even suggest it to a small group of friends!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful wonderful four night stay at Bronte Guest House. I travelled there for work and it was pure bliss to arrive back at the guest house at the end of a long day and sit in one of the two guest rooms enjoying a glass of red or a drop of their complimentary port.

The accommodation is great – Bronte Guest House was actually the original house of Soul Pattinson, the pharmacist, so it is steeped in history. The guest house has been beautifully maintained and has lost none of its heritage charm, but with some modern touches in the furnishings.

Our hosts, Julie and Nigel, couldn’t have done more for our party. From Nigel’s fabulous cooked breakfasts every day to Julie ensuring that everything was perfect. No request is too much – on hearing that I liked reds Nigel recommended some to me and even bought them for me as I couldn’t get away from work – when I arrived home that night there was a box of red waiting for me.

I had not travelled to Morpeth before and was amazed at the history of the place, the home of Brambles transport, Arnotts, Soul Pattinson and AMP

I really liked the fact that Julie and Nigel do not reside onsite, but live a few doors away. It means that when you are in the guest house you can treat it as your own home – and what a home.

Another plus was the walking distance for dinner – the pub on the corner is only 50 metres from doorstep to doorstep and serves really good meals.

And there is a great cheese shop between the pub and the guest house.

There are five fashion boutiques in the main street – my favourite was Princess Bazaar. So I can thoroughly recommend a visit to Morpeth and a pampered stay at Bronte Guest House.

Tania Waterhouse,
Judges Associate

Room Tip: My favourite room was the Hunter Room - although slightly smaller than some, it has a beautiful terrace that overlooks the main street - if you want something quieter there are plenty of these available. I couldn't fault any of the rooms.
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here at the end of a regional sales trip - as a sales rep I decided to spoil myself and stay in this lovely part of the hunter instead of maitland. It's close enough to maitland for work purposes yet far enough away to feel like a holiday, away from the hussle. The rooms are wonderful and the breakfast was a real treat. On arrival I was given the run down on the local restaurants and I loved the local pub for a really good quality home style meal. Bronte Guestshouse really felt like a home away from home with a lovely heritage ambience, yet a modern feel as well. I will try and stay here whenever I am anywhere near the area.

Room Tip: I had the garden room, which is at the back and I enjoyed hearing the birds each morning intead of the traffic that I normally hear when I travel for work.
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I always think the visit just won't be the same second time around. Well we were proven wrong!! Love the Bronte Guest House. Same great consistent service. You are given self time to enjoy the lodge for yourself although Lisa is only a phone call away if you need her. Take a good look at the room and note the effort in its appearance and amenities available, even down to the luxury bathroom items and bath robes. I love that afternoon phone call from Lisa 'What time would you like breakfast? Do you have any allergies we should be aware of?' Seriously they don't have to offer this,they could just tell us you get breakfast at 8 til 9 and that's it. You would be pretty picky or unrealistic to have an issue when staying here. Thanks again Nigel and Lisa - you really do try and help always and I love that breakfast smell in the morning

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Well, we stayed there for just the one night on Wednesday 26 September, 2012 and we absolutely enjoyed our one night stay. It was our prelude night stopover before our Canberra Floriade. We couldn't fault the place. met and enjoyed the hospitality of Nigel, Lisa and their daughter India. The only downturn was that our Travel Agent, said that we would have to look around that night for a meal...like Nigel soon fixed that. The beautiful New Zealand wine, complimented the wonderful meal that night, and with the beautiful breakfast, before we left that day, just made our pre-Canberra trip, so much the better. Yes, fully recommend these Hosts so as you can enjoy a stop over whether one night or several. Just a few pointers, as may have been mentioned in other Posts, don't book in from Monday to Wednesday (what a shame) as the town is dead, and I mean dead...nothing opened. When ordering accommodation, recommend the Garden Suite. We will be back again, soon. Greg/Nai

Room Tip: As mentioned above, as heavy front road traffic in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple