“Home away from home”

The Bronte Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the guesthouse on the weekend and what a treat it was! It was homely, welcoming and comfortable. I had two of the best sleeps I've had in a long time there and I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to take a break from city life. The hosts are lovely and breakfast was enjoyed on a sunny balcony on the main street of the town. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Lucky enough to stay in the Hunter Suite which had a fantastic balcony where we enjoyed some wine an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ellie M

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My daughter and I recently spent 3 nights at this beautiful guesthouse as she was attending a 3-day drama workshop in Maitland. As a bookkeeper (at the end of financial year) I knew that I would have to work at the guesthouse whilst my daughter was attending the workshop. I explained my "work" needs to Lisa and was delighted to find that she had chosen the Edward Close room that not only had a lovely outlook and great desk to work at, it was also very quiet. The breakfasts that Nigel and Kerrie served us on the beautiful balcony were the perfect start to the day (and I must admit I didn't feel like working much!). By the end of our 3 day visit we felt like part of the family and really didn't want to go home. I will be recommending the Bronte Guesthouse to all my family and friends, and will definitely visit again. Thank you Lisa, Nigel and Kerrie

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AvWill
Reviewed 9 September 2013

One of my "special gems" - unfortunately, we could only stay one night. The breakfast is fantastic. Very cosy and comfortable rooms with little extras. Lovely surroundings, nice town. We will be back!

Room Tip: A truly beautiful guest house in a quaint and lovely town. We can definitely recommend this place. I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NinaKatja8888
Reviewed 11 August 2013

A weekend escape at Bronte Guesthouse is a great way to explore the historic town of Morpeth. A very comfortable home away from home with lots of nice little touches of luxurious comfort that made us feel very spoilt. Hosts Lisa and Nigel provide an awesome breakfast on the balcony overlooking the main street and Hunter River. This place ticks all the boxes.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary O
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We spent two mid week nights with good friends in the two king size bed 'Hunter & Garden suite rooms'.
The first impression was that the gardens and exterior needed maintenance. Unfortunately the council were in the process of upgrading the street right outside the Bronte Guest House, which made the Hunter room noisy.
That apart, nothing was too much trouble for Lisa, Nigel and Kerrie. On our booking we asked Lisa to arrange a Hunter wine tour. She chose Rover Wine Tours who provided an outstanding full day tour.
We can only say "wow" as to how great the breakfast was. Nothing was too much trouble.
Would recommend Bronte as B&B

Room Tip: Both king size rooms were good. The Hunter room had a nice balcony and the Garden room had a nice lo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ollie30955
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Gorgeous renovated and decorated historic guest house! Right in the middle of the buzzing township. Short stroll to everywhere! Warm, friendly, welcoming hospitality! Delicious home cooked breakky enjoyed on the balcony overlooking town and river.
Super comfortable! Highly recommended!!!
Thanks Lisa and Nigel! :)
Nicole

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We spent two nights recently at Morpeth which is an historic village on the Hunter River just outside Maitland. The Bronte Guesthouse is a gem! Delicious breakfast, comfortable beds and friendly helpful staff. Good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Leigjen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morpeth
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
#1 of 15 in Pokolbin
Hermitage Lodge
Hermitage Lodge
#2 of 8 in Pokolbin

Been to The Bronte Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!