“We saw Bronte”

Ranked #1 of 4 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Nottingham
“We saw Bronte”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed a night in December 2013 during a little tour of Central NSW. The Bronte Guesthouse is charming in all respects - and so is Morpeth ( home of Arnotts biccies ). Down the street we found a new Indian Pizza place where we procured a well edible curry. Back at the Bronte, I guess we were lucky midweek, we had the whole building to ourselves overnight and in the morning the cook arrived to prepare our gourmet breakfast ! King suite = $140 per night for 2 people with breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B mid week for our wedding anniversary and found it to be delightful. It was the small things that made our stay just that little bit more special - room upgrade, the unexpected bottle of sparkly, the owner coming over to greet us personally, the biscuits, tea and coffee on the coffee cart, the books available to read, the lounge areas and so forth. Our room was very neat, clean and spacious. Breakfast was yum. The wifi was fast enough for some social networking and net surfing. Overall Bronte's Guesthouse is a pleasant and lovely place to stay as a couple.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ordella
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at the Bronte Guesthouse with a couple of friends, looking for a quiet weekend away from Sydney.
The Guesthouse was so relaxing and our room was perfect - we stayed in the Hunter suite and the little balcony out the front was the perfect spot for drinking wine and eating cheese (following a recommendation from Lisa to visit the cheese shop) on Saturday afternoon.
Nothing was too much trouble, and the breakfast in particular was delicious! The mixed fruit was really fresh, with really tasty yoghurt, and Nigel cooked some great eggs each morning.
Nigel and Lisa were more than happy to recommend a restaurant in Newcastle for dinner on Saturday night, and to give us some tips on what to do on the drive back on Sunday. We didn't have to worry about anything the whole trip, and it was exactly the relaxing weekend we'd hoped for, mostly thanks to Lisa and Nigel and the Bronte Guesthouse!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank GL2702
Sydney
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the guesthouse on the weekend and what a treat it was! It was homely, welcoming and comfortable. I had two of the best sleeps I've had in a long time there and I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to take a break from city life. The hosts are lovely and breakfast was enjoyed on a sunny balcony on the main street of the town. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Lucky enough to stay in the Hunter Suite which had a fantastic balcony where we enjoyed some wine an...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ellie M
Shoal Bay, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My daughter and I recently spent 3 nights at this beautiful guesthouse as she was attending a 3-day drama workshop in Maitland. As a bookkeeper (at the end of financial year) I knew that I would have to work at the guesthouse whilst my daughter was attending the workshop. I explained my "work" needs to Lisa and was delighted to find that she had chosen the Edward Close room that not only had a lovely outlook and great desk to work at, it was also very quiet. The breakfasts that Nigel and Kerrie served us on the beautiful balcony were the perfect start to the day (and I must admit I didn't feel like working much!). By the end of our 3 day visit we felt like part of the family and really didn't want to go home. I will be recommending the Bronte Guesthouse to all my family and friends, and will definitely visit again. Thank you Lisa, Nigel and Kerrie

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AvWill
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

One of my "special gems" - unfortunately, we could only stay one night. The breakfast is fantastic. Very cosy and comfortable rooms with little extras. Lovely surroundings, nice town. We will be back!

Room Tip: A truly beautiful guest house in a quaint and lovely town. We can definitely recommend this place. I...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NinaKatja8888
Reviewed 11 August 2013

A weekend escape at Bronte Guesthouse is a great way to explore the historic town of Morpeth. A very comfortable home away from home with lots of nice little touches of luxurious comfort that made us feel very spoilt. Hosts Lisa and Nigel provide an awesome breakfast on the balcony overlooking the main street and Hunter River. This place ticks all the boxes.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morpeth
Quest Maitland
#2 of 16 in Maitland
Molly Morgan Motor Inn
Molly Morgan Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in East Maitland

Been to The Bronte Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!