“Simple living at its best!”
Review of Ibiza Yoga

Ibiza Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: A dark and evil place where volunteers are exploited. No love or care is given in any way shape or form to our guests and staff.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simple living at its best!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've just returned from a 3 week stay in ibiza yoga, had such an amazing time and would be straight back in the morning...
I would say it definitely is the best value yoga retreat this side of India! Granted if it's super luxury you are expecting this won't be the place for you, there ain't nothing fancy just simple clean country living beside a beach with some yoga! The staff and owners were lovely, some organised trips and mountain walks are planned throughout the week if you want to get out and see some of the sights... The accommodation is clean and atmosphere relaxed, a glass of wine isn't frowned upon if you wish the have one on the near by beach watching the sunset In evening either which is nice so whatever you're looking from a yoga holiday if it's a strict detox or a more relaxed yoga trip you can cater your stay to suit yourself with some amazing sunsets and some great drumming circles on the beach (which you must go down to on a Sunday evening to experience) thrown in for good measure...
I did not want to come home and am already planning my next trip there! Perfect:)

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Lisa C

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great yoga and location, average accomodation”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed in Villa Roca for a week in October 2013 with my friend who has visited Ibiza Yoga 9 times.

Yoga rating 5/5 - The yoga is the best thing about this place. As it was off-season there were only 10 people in our mixed ability class which was held at Villa Palma with an amazing sea view from the yoga deck. The instructor Opale was fantastic and made classes fun, informative and inclusive for both me as a complete beginner and my friend who has practised yoga for 13 years. I left feeling compltely relaxed and inspired.

Location rating 5/5 - the villas are less than 5 minutes walk to Benirras beach which although small is beautiful and not too crowded. It has 3 restaurants, although they are not always open off-season. Note there are no shops within walking distance so it's advisable to hire a car to get around. The villa itself sells water and towels.

Accommodation rating 2/5 - I had a room to myself in Villa Roca (my friend stayed in the Pegoda garden) and shared a bathroom with 1 other guest. Both rooms were average sized and clean, with basic facilities. Although the website informs guests that bedding will not be changed during a 1 week stay, a mid-week change would have been appreciated due to the heat (it was 30 degrees in late October) and fresh towels are provided sporadically - best to take your own. The Villa has the overall feel of staying with friends / relatives both in terms of the informal communal areas which make it easy to make new friends but also in that the Villa offers nowhere near the level of service you'd expect from a hotel.

The major downside to the accommodation is that due to the rural setting, mice were spotted in the kitchen and the living room. Having spoken to one of the owners I was advised that there is simply nothing they can do about this. They have previously laid down traps which kill the mice but had received complaints about those, so later set down humane traps but these are redundant as releasing the mice into the countryside does not stop them re-entering the house.

Food and facilities rating 3/5 - Fruit and cereal is available for breakfast. One other meal a day is provided after the yoga session and there are often leftovers stored in the fridge for guests to take whenever they want.

Food was prepared by a volunteer for the first 3 days (I believe volunteers stay in a Pegoda free of charge, in exchange for providing cooking and cleaning services) and was a delicious and varied menu of vegetarian dishes. Food in the second half of the week was prepared by one of the owners and was ok but nothing special.

Service rating 2/5 - my friend advised that in previous years the Villas had a manager and a professional chef. Now there appears to be no staff as everything is done by either volunteers or one of the two owners. As noted above, the Villa feels like you are renting a private villa with strangers (who become friends over the course of the week) and no real elements of service are provided. Perhaps management felt they are not needed. However I would have prefered to have at least a part time manager on site, to explain how everything works (to me as a first time guest) and to answer any questions.

Overall rating of 4 is based on the overall experience (I've made some great new friends) and Opale the amazing yoga teacher.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lucy S
Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic Yoga in a beautiful place.”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have just returned from my second time at Ibiza Yoga, my last time was three years ago. As a busy teacher who went into work four out of the five days of the first week of the Easter break I, like many of the other participants, needed to unwind. I have a long term lower back injury so I need to be careful how I approach yoga.
I arrived after midnight after delay with the car hire, i was given the details of others who were on the retreat and travelling on my flight so i was able to share expense with others from the airport. We were met by the new manager Tanya with a great warmth and calm.
The yoga teacher Carina was outstanding, skilful, fun and led very high quality of structured and progressive classes, all levels were catered for. When it comes to yoga I have high standards having been involved for over 25 years.
There was such a lovely variety of people in our group of about 14, from other teachers to barristers, from beginners to other yoga teachers. We developed into a fun group and went on several excursions together.
The accommodation in villa roca is comfortable, clean and all that is needed, but it is not a 5 star hotel.
The food was wholesome vegetarian food and in the evening I tended to have something light or we went out. The beach is five mins away and is an unspoilt delight.
By the end of the week it was amazing to see the different in people, from being tense, uptight and stressed to being open friendly and really energized and relaxed. I struggle with a pure beach holiday and this offers a great sense of purpose getting better at yoga, getting more in touch with my body and mind, as well as meeting some lovely people.
Having done a lot of research, Ibiza is one of the best value for money yoga holidays you can get. I am already planning another return.

Visited April 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Ibiza Yoga”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have been going to Ibiza Yoga for many years now. I like to stay in the pagoda garden, close to nature and so relaxing. The yoga teachers have always been inspiring, gentle, wise and fun. I love the yoga environment, outside on a yoga deck under a big white sail and also the Benirras beach, beautiful and idylic. I would recomend this to anyone who likes yoga or complete beginers. Benirras beach is fairly isolated and without shops but that is what I like about it so much, a real getaway... you can always hire a car and see the island after yoga is finished or walk to a bus stop and take a trip into Ibiza town... wonderful old city... Ibiza Yoga is like a home from home...

Visited May 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cant Wait To Go Back”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My stay in September 2013 was very relaxing I found my room to be clean and the staff very pleasant and the food being great. Opal taught an amazing class, every day I felt a little bit closer to where I wanted to be.. I have been to a number of retreats over the years and Ibiza Yoga is by far my favourite and offers the best value for money. It would be very hard not to enjoy yourself and feel great at the end of your stay.. Where would us Yogis be without Ibiza Yoga. I look forward to my return in May..

Visited September 2013