“nice hotel let down by little issues”
Review of Hotel Presidente

Hotel Presidente
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Firstly to say rooms were quite basic but very clean and serviced daily, maids always happy
Unfortunate no kettle in the rooms for your morning cuppa, so you had to get dressed and go
To the dinning room for that!
The reception and pool area very clean and well maintained
Very good facilities for children, and own small pool for tiny tots
Great to have an adults only lounging area, although at times this was disregarded by some
Spanish families
Juccuzzi and gym again at times used by children, no one overseeing these areas, but again very clean and nice to have
The restaurant was clean and staff very efficient at clearing your plates sometimes too quick!
Only tea and coffee machines in the restaurant available to use at breakfast not with other meals,
You could however get tea and coffee from the only bar in use during the day but the plastic cups were so small two gulps and they'd gone
There was a lovely bar inside but never open? Why
The pool bar staff were very abrupt and only ever served drinks in small school size plastic cups, this I can understand during the day for safety.
But this was the case in an evening also and at meal times, UNLESS YOU PAID FOR A DRINK!!
I discussed this with bar staff, the maitrade, only to be told its because your drinks are free, to which I promptly explained our drinks were not free as we had actually paid for them upfront as part of all inclusive package.
I also discussed this with the Thomsons rep Colin who agreed it wasn't right and that he had discussed this with the hotel and they had glasses were on order as they didn't have enough to go round.
I also spoke to the English receptionist she wasn't aware that any glasses were on order and denied any glasses were used, I again put her straight and said it made us feel like school children and second class holiday goer's. She took our room number as the manager was unavailable and said she would discuss it with him but no one got in touch.
Some other customers also commented on it and even bought bigger plastic cups to use whilst there. I have never been to an all your inclusive that as done this!!
The food was very fresh and to a good standard and lots of variety each meal time
The only down fall was the vegetarian food to which I was assured by Thomsons would be definitely available. Yes it was but thankfully the ingredients were above the dish and on most occasions either chicken or meat stock was used, so I lived on mainly the salds all week.
Entertainment for children was good and Colin the Thomsons rep seemed to be getting activities for adults organised, but evening adult enterianment poor
So as I said a nice hotel let down by little issues that need addressing!!

Room Tip: WiFi I reception very hit and miss
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lauminnie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My memories of Presidente:

P for pervy staff. The male "entertainment staff" take their job title literally and will go to any lengths to touch up kids of any age by offering vouchers for free pringles and ice-creams that are not included in the all-inclusive as well as promises of days trips to the aquapark on their day off. The football instructor has a facebook page dedicated to "befriending" holiday makers' children.

R for repetitive music. The same CD is played at least 5 times a day and at a volume that is tortuous.

E for extra steep hill to the beach. So steep that you cannot get it to it with small children and the hotel should provide rock climbing gear really.

S for sea full of jellyfish. On the penultimate day of my holiday I finally made it to the beach only to find people running out of the sea screaming from the agony of being stung.

I for insufficient sun umbrellas. If you are thinking your kids can have a little Spanish siesta in the fresh air by the poolside, while you relax, think again - no sun umbrellas and loud music is a recipe for grumpy overtired overheated kids and stressed parents.

D for dodgy water. It is a well known fact that on Ibiza the tap water in some areas is not drinking water. Yet, it is obviously and blatantly served. I lost 2 pounds in 10 days due to nausea and vomiting. (I suspect they water down the beer with it too).

E for evening entertainment, in fact - what entertainment? Playing the theme tunes to Disney films and Thompson the dog dancing EVERY NIGHT is NOT what kids over the age of 4 enjoy
N for never again.

T for too bad to rate it. I would only recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

E for escape if you can. That was my moto when I booked the whole family (15) on a trip to the hippy market and aquapark, only to find both were cancelled due to low numbers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Hannah J
ECOPRESIDENTE, Manager at Hotel Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

We are sorry hear that your stay here with us did not meet your expectations.
we have read all of your comments and thay have been taken on board.
We would however, like to clarify the dates you were here in our hotel,as you mention Thomson The Dog which we no longer have here, so we are confused as to which year you were here?
In responsed to the "male entertainer/football coach" he has been part of our team for many years and is a trusted memer of staff. We have always had positive reviews and feedback regarding his attitude and professionalism towards the guests.
The "treats" you mention that are given out, are the prizes which are awarded to both children and adults when they have won activities during the course of the day.
if you would like to discuss any of your comments directly with us at the hotel, please feel fre to contact us and we will gladly assisit you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Well where to start ? I know , all you out there who have already booked and are now worrying having read some previous reviews , don't worry!!!
On arrival we are greeted by two extremely friendly reception staff who's English was (to my shame) better than mine! Our rooms were at the rear of the hotel , a partial mountain view , nothing to get excited about , but nothing to complain about either! The cleanliness of both rooms was absolutely fine , my partner is a clinical lead nurse and believe me if the room had been dirty everybody would of known about it!!!!
The reception , pool area , general areas were all clean and well maintained. Plenty of sunbeds around , agreed , some need replacing , but find me a 3* hotel where this isn't the case.
The view over the harbour more than makes up for a couple of dodgy sunbeds! The restaurant is open 3 times a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner) the food is of a high quality , plenty of selection and always nice and hot ! Sorry , there is only proper food available though , if you're looking for animal shapes filled with E numbers to feed your kids on , they may go hungry! Our 7 year old tried everything and loved it all ! While getting food my partner was telling our little girl what the food was ie ribs , fish etc when she said "that's chicken pie" to which a rather rotund English lady said "well its a pie !" making out it might not be chicken ! "its chicken pie Ellie " was my partners reply , to which the rotund lady said " well its pie ! " Then proceeded to walk off with a plate full of the pie two grown men would struggle to eat , don't you just love the ignorant English!!! ( they embarrass the rest of us!).
The highlight of the hotel is the kids splashpool , a safe area for kids to play in water without fear , children aged between 6mths and 9 yrs , all playing together with their parents.
The evening entertainment though , is , and i'm being polite , awful !! However a little walk around the beach area looking out to sea was a more than adequate replacement , and a chance to walk off all that food !
All in all , a very pleasant hotel , not spectacular , but a decent 3* . For all those expecting 5* quality , pay 5* money !!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank michelle m
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Presidente at the end of June 2014, We had such a brilliant holiday. Great location, the beaches/bay is so beautiful and the bars and restaurants in Portinatx were really nice. The beach was lovely, sunbeds and parasols for hire, which were right on the edge of the water (if you got there early enough) so we could just relax while watching the kids play! We loved feeding the fish (beware the big ones do bite though!) our little one loved playing in the sand, building sand castles. The weather was brilliant (rained one morning for about an hour!!) some days were a little cloudy but to be honest that's not a bad thing for the little ones! we went on the glass bottom boat, which was brill!

Now for the hotel.. There have been a lot of reviews on here that confuse me. First things first, If you pay money for a 3 star hotel this is exactly what you should get.. not a 4 or 5 star for the price you pay for a 3 star, a 3 star hotel. Now this in my opinion is a very good 3 star hotel. Food was excellent, many different choices available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Waiters very quick to clear tables and lots of drinks available. If you are someone who only eats one certain type of food and are fussy, it is very disappointing that you would write a review claiming that the food is bad at a hotel.. Its really not and that is a very poor and easy comment to make for a fussy person! If you are one of these persons, maybe stay back in the Uk, have a nice little break at Butlins and eat Burger King everyday. The food here is great for a '3 star hotel' and we enjoyed it very much.

Rooms were standard '3 star' rooms but were very clean. Air con is a big bonus kept us nice and cool at night. Reception was helpful everytime we spoke to someone as were the reps of first choice/thomson. No problem there. The big bar by the reception is not open, Yes its a bit of a shame but it doesn't really need to be? Everyone is outside by the pool going to the pool bar. It didn't bother me. Plastic cups... Really didn't bother me! They serve drinks all day by a pool with lots of children running about.. Don't really want glass being smashed all over the place if im honest.. Bar staff were there to pour me a drink and I wasn't offended if this was all they did... From some of the reviews on here I think the expectation is that they would all team up and do the conga whilst pouring you a drink blindfolded with a monkey on their shoulders singing la bamba... If anything they may be grumpy having to deal with some of the 'reviewists' on here!!

The pool was big, loads of sunbeds about to chill out and have a drink. Ice creams and sandwiches available by the pool bar for a snack if you could fit anything in from all the meals! There are a few little uncontrollable kids running around being kids... There were also a number of parents about moaning about not having anywhere to dump their kids or a lack of entertainment. As for the entertainment, yes it could be better.. But our child really enjoyed the entertainers and that's what matters really! As for the entertainment for the adults, we had a few alcoholic beverages and won the bingo.... So we enjoyed that!

In conclusion:

This is a 3 star hotel reflected in the price you have paid - please don't expect a 4 or 5 star hotel.
Couples - I wouldn't go here if it was just myself and partner , go somewhere else.
Plastic cups - If you have a fear of plastic cups, don't come here.

We really did have a fantastic holiday and Portinatx is truly wonderful. Advice if you are coming here, take a few things with a pinch of salt and enjoy your holiday in a great 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: you don't want a room over looking the pool they are the noisiest!! ours looked out the front of...
15  Thank Honest2ox
Reviewed 6 July 2014

we have just arrived home after 10 day at this hotel . i was aware of some complaints when we first arrived . as there was no kids club . and the entertainment was rubbish and not on very often. . but i am pleased to say they upped their game after a couple of days . the kids club opened . they played fun games . my daughter is 4 and loved it . they also did the kids disco . again a hit with my little girl . i also have a 17 year old . so much to his delight they did afternoon football . even my husband joined in . they did water polo and . snorkeling in the pool . which again my lad loved we have some amazing photos. .. they also opened the kids buffet .. so no complaints with the food ...there was lots of choice . we met some lovely people . everyone was really friendly . the staff where brilliant and really helpfull . the hotel and rooms are really clean . The pool area is great for kids . we made some great friends . the place is beautiful . the sea perfect . all in all a fabulous holiday . . great hotel . lovely people :}

16  Thank Joanne E
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We booked this hotel in february specifically as it was a cheap way to be all inclusive, as we wanted more cash to go and explore. We stayed here 20-27 June. As a base it was great. If u want a hotel you can stay at all day, don't come here, you will be disappointed. First thing to say is there is no kids club. This is made clear on the website for thomson but I got the impression if u don't book online reps seem to think there still is (there was last season apparently) as a lot of people were complaining. We knew there wasn't which was fine with us but if u r expecting entertainment this is not the place. The evenings were, to be honest, awful. We went out most nights. Hotel spotless, reception great, thomson rep fantastic, food average, boring, disappointing. Having said that it was all edible! Pool nice, plenty of sunbeds, splash park great. The bar staff could use cheering up, terrible. The wine with dinner is serve yourself, in plastic cups.if you want a glass you have to pay for wine, or bring your own. The area is wonderful, the beach is great. A lot of reviews go on about the extremely steep walk to the beach so we were a little concerned but it's really fine if u r able bodied without pushchairs it's 2 mins to the beach and it's not that bad at all. If u have a pushchair I think more of a challenge but plenty were doing it. There are two beaches both are lovely. Feed the fish with bread or fruit the kids love it and u will be surrounded in minutes. Water clear and warm. There are few lovely bars and restaurants around the bay and a couple of lovely pubs in the evening so if ur not all in, the hotel is so close to everything it's perfect. We went on the glass bottom boat, the local one it was 25 euros for 2 adults one child and we had a great hour it was lovely sailing around the bay and our 5 year old loved looking for the fish. We also did the hippy market trip with thomson and the sunset cruise. They are a little expensive but personally we loved them and it was well worth it. The hippy market is the afternoon and so fairly quite, great with kids, there are bars dotted amongst it so you can enjoy a beer, the atmosphere is fantastic and it was spotlessly clean. My only complaint is we didn't get enough time, 2 hours wasn't enough! The sunset cruise was fab,it was busy and possibly overpriced but we all had a really fantastic night. Sleeping in our room was a challenge. I had requested a quiet room but we we're give a front room and the noise of buses and trucks delivering stuff and people was dreadful, we had to keep doors closed and so have air con on which made it cold! I think a room facing the kids splash park which closes at 5 would be the quietest for sleeping. Overall we had a 5 star time but we are positive happy people who make the best of our quality time as we only get one trip a year I'm not wasting it moaning! The hotel was a three star, if u expect that u will have a great time.if u book a three star and expect 4 star quality then that will be on you! We had a wonderful holiday, and would definitely return to portintax but probably go self catering. Oh - and the local bus to the old town is great value 3 euros each way per person. But beware - the old town is is a lot of very steep walking if u have small children in the heat, it's hard work. I'm glad we did it but If I'd missed it I'm not sure I would have been that disappointed! All in all we had a great time, and I think it's good value for money.

Room Tip: If you want quite, facing the kids splash park not the road, pool or sea.
10  Thank emma o
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Day 2 and I had my phone stolen from my bag around the pool. I only went in the pool for 10 minutes to cool off and it had gone when I got back. It was in my bag and under my sunbed. The rep was of no use at all, didn't really want to know. I thought it would be important to the hotels reputation to know there were thieves operating at the hotel . The rooms were drab and dirty and food was absolutely disgusting. I really would avoid this hotel if you want to come home with all your belonging but would recommend it if anyone wanting to lose a few pounds, the food gave me a really bad stomach upset. First choice, you need to review this hotel, you have a a duty of care to your customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel
Caribe Ibiza Hotel
Caribe Ibiza Hotel
#6 of 13 in Es Canar

Been to Hotel Presidente? Share your experiences!