“Still a Thompsons hotel??”
Review of Presidente Hotel

Presidente Hotel
England
“Still a Thompsons hotel??”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We've just returned from 10 days at the Presidente and my only gripe was the lack of Thompsons reps at the hotel,3 years ago when we were there the reps were very visible and couldn't do enough to keep the kids entertained during the day and they also provided a good standard of entertainment on the night time,this year they were non existent during the day and the 'entertainment' on a night was very poor,however this aside the hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Select a family room above the reception area.
4 Thank Alansioux

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Newcastke upon tyne
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel presidente for a week from the 14th july. We took my 5yr old daughter and 1yr old son and we had a fantastic time.
Splash pool and play area was fab couldnt fault it in slightest. There is a small indoor softplay area ideal for toddlers which came in handy when my son got too irritable and hot outside.
There was a kids disco every night which my daughter loved, and if your kids like the songs from frozen they will be in their element. Entertainment was good, we had a abba tribute, parrot show and family fun quiz night on the week we were there which we enjoyed.
Food was fairly repetitive but all in all very nice, especially the desserts which me and my daughter took advantage of.
Rooms were spotlessly cleaned daily and all staff were very polite and welcoming, especially the restaurant staff who always made a fuss of my children.
Portinatx as a resort is stunning, beaches were beautiful although a hilly walk back up to hotel but you got used to it after a couple of days so nothing to complain about too much.
We took a trip on the local glass bottom boat which was really good value for money and stunning views and we also played mini golf on our last day which was a bargain and fun for all the family.
All in all we had a fab week and i would defo recommend to families with young children .

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Sammyscissorhands
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had a wonderful time on our holiday in Portinatx. The resort is beautiful, and although it is fairly quiet, the lovely restaurants and beaches were exactly what we were after.

The hotel is in a great location, but there is a short steep walk to the beach, which was fine for us.

We were only half board and did not eat at the hotel every evening, but when we did we were pleasantly surprised. One night there was a huge pile of fresh prawns, and breakfast was great!

The room was basic but met our needs, and was kept clean. The bed was very comfortable.

We are not ones for staying at the hotel all day, and would always choose the beach over the pool, but would definitely go back to the Presidente!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Barbara2387
Wirral
Reviewed 27 July 2014

AGAIN after reading trip advisor reviews prior to travelling I was very anxious about my holiday....when I arrived I was met by people staying at the hotel, who told me the food was terrible...much to my surprise when I had my first meal, I was pleasantly surprised! The selection of food was really good, it was well presented and very fresh...as for young children who are only used to meals such as chicken nuggets and hamburgers you will be disappointed..if you are going away to Spain to sample fish, meat n lovely variety s of salads and fruits you will be pleased! The rooms were spacious, immaculate and cleaned daily. The pool areas are not the finest, the plastic tables could of done with a good jet wash. The splash pool was brilliant for younger kids and there was always a sunbed to be found even in late July. The entertainment was poor..bingo was on at an inappropriate time before any acts, leaving the kids wandering around looking for something to amuse themselves with...acts are on every other night. Kids clubs don't exist unless you are happy to leave your kids with a random hotel entertainment person with too many kids to control! The kids activities were never announced and it was pot luck if you found them....I enjoyed my family holiday as I wasn't relying on any entertainers to make myself and my family happy. I enjoyed the lovely location of the beachfront hotel, the helpfulness of the staff and the sunshine. It was a typical 3 star hotel please don't expect the ritz!!

6 Thank LeannexWirral
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family and I had a great holiday but I am not going to review that, but I will give you is an unbiased review of the hotel and resort.

The hotel is average, but commensurate with its 3 star rating.

The dining roomm is reality large and accommodates all, even in peak periods. Yes there are queues at times, but the staff deal with this in an organised and friendly manner. You can eat first and last thing if you do not want to queue.

The food was good, but as is often the case during the second one week it can get a bit repetitive.

Not so positive are the rooms which are small and tired and in need of a prompt refurbishment. Yes I acknowledge previous commentators statements " you only sleep in them" but the rooms are not nearly on par with other hotels at at similar cost.

Another negative is the pool which is far to small for a hotel of this size. It was absolutely grid locked with myriad of inflatables. Moreover, there is limited sunbeds with the usual selfish lot reserving them with towels and spending only the odd hour on them.

Portinax is a small and quite resort with limited bars and restaurants but it caters for families with small children well.

The beach is beautiful with a slowly sloping gradient into deeper water. There are times when the jelly fish come in close, but they are easily avoided. The water is crystal clear.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
5 Thank HonestMan999
Irvine, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Myself, my husband and our 10 year old daughter stayed here from 17th to 24th July. It's exactly what it says on the tin 3 star. You defo get what you pay for. Don't listen to the moaners you can't please everyone. Rooms are basic and require upgrading but they are spotlessly clean and ok to sleep in. Bathroom has good shower and small bath and again spotless. Maids to a great job on the whole hotel. Restaurant food is ok and we were never hungry. Bit repetitive with food but tell me an all inclusive that isn't. Would say though if your a vegetarian you may struggle as most dishes are meat and fish. Waiters efficient and again restaurant spotless.

Pool area a bit crowded but same anywhere in July and sun loungers need replaced but ok for lying during day sunbathing. Lovely big pool with a small kids pool if you have a little one. Not much entertainment during day and a show some nights which aren't very good but you can always walk to beach where there are restaurants and bars. Portinax is very hilly so not suitable for wheelchair users.

Beautiful beach. Resort is very quiet and relaxed just what we needed. I would recommend if you are looking for a reasonable priced holiday quiet and relaxing. I would not go back to the area due to the hills but we had a great time and will return to Ibizia again but a different resort.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Jay25823
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Like others was worried about the hotel after reading previous reviews but this really is a perfectly acceptable 3star hotel and if you want 5star then pay for it!

Food is basic but plenty of choice that even fussy eaters ought to find something to suit. Plastic cups ok during the day but really ought to have a glass at dinner.

Our room had a stunning sea view, comfortable beds, clean but since you had to hire fridges, room safe etc this was a bit disappointing.

We made the most of the chill out adults only zone since this hotel is ideal for families with young children it was nice for a bit of peace and quiet. In the evenings it had a bar which wasn't part of the all inclusive, but they do lovely cocktails at reduced prices and you could always fetch drinks from the all inc bar in any case.

Portinax is a picture perfect part of Ibiza so don't go here if you are looking for clubs and nightlife there is none, instead you will find sandy beaches, the sea shallow enough for some distance without a tide to worry about, tip, buy a Lilo the sunbed hire is expensive. Feed the fish, and take a snorkel we had a great time even though I'm not a confident swimmer felt really safe in the shallow water.

Go to the presidente you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view on a high floor to avoid kitchen extractor fans
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 13 in Es Canar
Hotel Club Cartago
Hotel Club Cartago
#4 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel

Been to Presidente Hotel? Share your experiences!