“A must visit”

Hidden Bar
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hidden is a magical garden tucked away only 50 m behind the stunning beach of Cala San Vicente in the glorious North of Ibiza. Alice in Wonderland would be happy to while away the day or evening sampling award winning cocktails, tasting delights from our tapas menu or simply relaxing in our tranquil gardens. We have a fun crazy golf course with holes designed by artists as wonderful as 'Fat Boy Slim', 'Inkie' and many more to come as well as a giant chess set and many board games to keep you happy. We also have A children's area with toys and a wonderful Biro train set and for the grown ups a library in a chilled out 'Honeysuckle' room. We also cater for private events, weddings and parties.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Tucked away, idilic hidden gem, great hosts, in fact we learnt one of the best cocktail makers of his time in London and Brighton's finest bars, means you won't be disappointed should you want a twist or a straight, Chris knows his stuff. And his wife Amanda excels with food. Put all that aside, great drinks, great food and the setting is tranquil, relaxed and quirky. If you want good hospitality, a great Ibiza experience - Hidden is a must! Plus you can always challenge your mates to a round of mini golf or life size chess!

blanchbaby, Owner at Hidden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you so much Kate for taking the time out to review hidden, its so lovely to get such positive feedback and do hope you will come over and visit us again. x

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Homemade food under cool trees , amongst quirky things for you and the kids to do. Old fashioned Ibiza returns to the island with proper cocktails and lovely service from hard working and friendly owners. Chris and his wife have tried hard and succeeded to bring something different to the area. The pets roaming around and friendly banter with other guests add to the ambience - we'll be back in 2 weeks !

1  Thank rebetwins
blanchbaby, Owner at Hidden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

So looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks and thank you so much for the kind review. It means a lot to us when guests understand what we are about and love our magical garden.
The pets and us will see you very soon for more home cooked food and cocktails.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Me and my family have been going here from the day it opened and find both the food and drinks Devine and at a very good price.

I have just read a review that has made me feel so mad these owners are the last people in the world I would say were rip offs . There are plenty of other places on the island that do that.

Chris and Amanda are great hosts and work very hard on there own to run this please. keep it up guys and forget this small minded person. You will alway get people like this on the island some people you will never please.

See you again in September Long Island ice tea all the way best on the island and has plenty of booze in it unlike other places I could name and shame on the island.

Sam loved the new mini golf even though he cheated all the way round.

Keep up the home made food Amanda it is great.

Martin Helen and Sam

blanchbaby, Owner at Hidden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement, we really do try our best but i guess you can't please all of the people all of the time. But we love seeing you and your lovely family at Hidden and are really looking forward to your return visit in September.
There will be a Long island Ice Tea with your name on it.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have only ever written one review ever on Trip Advisor, a long while ago, but I feel compelled to write about our afternoon at Hidden.

As we walked in we were immediately welcomed by Chris with the most perfectly chilled drinks, and Amanda left her kitchen to come out & introduce herself, all smiles, despite being clearly busy preparing her home-made bread. The children got busy with the crazy golf & the pets that amble around the place. I felt the weight of my busy life lift from my shoulders.

Within minutes, pasta appeared for the children, which they loved. They then disappeared again.... way too much fun to be had!

My friends & I relaxed (even more), and looked at the menu. It is a small and simple menu, but you can tell that a really passionate foodie has designed it. One of my friends that came with us is a chef, and he was simply blown away by the elegance & restraint of it.

I had the feta & watermelon salad with mint - a huge portion which was such a clever balance of flavours, and felt hydrating and healthy. We then all shared the homemade hummous. A HUGE portion, with lots of homemade flat bread. A COMPLETE bargain at only €6! I have to admit, I was a little concerned as the previous reviewer had said the hummous was a bit expensive - but I'm really not sure what he wants because this was the best hummous ever, obviously prepared with love, and a very generous portion. Ah well I guess some people are just impossible to please & have to grind their axe somewhere.

We then all had the burgers... well, I know that the guys who run this place have carved themselves an amazing reputation (firstly at the Groucho Club, then running their own hotel Blanch House in Brighton) but seriously, how can a burger be so perfect? Homemade burger was as expected from such great hosts, lovely herby flavours, and cooked with a lightness that left it soft & bursting with flavour & natural juices. But to make homemade burger baps??? We were all just knocked out that so much thought & love has gone into a humble burger. I complimented Amanda on them & she clearly treats her guests as she would if you were coming to her home for dinner (which we were in a way).

Getting completely carried away (and seriously relaxed) now, my friends & I couldn't leave without trying their cocktails (which Hidden Bar are renowned for). I asked Amanda to recommend something & she got it just right with a light, fresh & tasty champagne cocktail.

Chris is regarded as one of the best cocktail guys in the business, but when Amanda sat down with us & started talking about rum it was clear that her knowledge is just as mammoth. It was a joy to learn so much about it, and we could have listened to her all night, but alas she had work to do!

Before she went back to the kitchen we asked her what her very best rum was and she brought out the 30 year old for us to smell. We all decided to have a bit of a crazy moment & we bought a shot for us all to share. As complete foodies this just blew us all away.

All in all, such love, passion, thought & care has gone into this place. These guys are serious professionals. I recommend you get in there while you can because once the word gets out it'll be impossible to get a table. We stay the other side of the island but made the effort to come & find Hidden, and we are so glad we did.

blanchbaby, Owner at Hidden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you so so much for you very glowing review, it is so wonderful when guests understand how much love and passion we put into our magical garden and you have made us feel very happy indeed.
I do hope you all come back and see us again soon and we both feel honoured that you have written this review as it is something you don't normally do. Also thank you for travelling from the other side of the island. Its great when people find us out and its great to explore what this stunning island has to offer North, South, East or West.
Hope to see you very soon, you will always be very welcome.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location, at the very end of the beach, is superb. Built like a massive open compound, this is a very unexpected surprise. Crazy golf a massive walk on chess board, fairy lights and nice background music. Again like 'On the Beach bar' it is expensive and so is a snack, pitta bread and hummus is 6 euros. He like to say, 'I'll bring it you your table with your change'. The change doesn't come and you end up going to the bar for it. He doesn't look you in the eye, so I have warned you.

2  Thank Kevin B
blanchbaby, Owner at Hidden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

So sorry you found my homemade hummus with pitta bread expensive, its a large potion served with 2 rounds of bread and more if needed. We are less expensive than other bars that you have mentioned (our quality grand gin & tonic is €6 not €10) and every item of food is made by hand by me using local ingredients. The same with all of our cocktails, all fresh fruit and home made syrups etc. My husband apologises if he didn't get your change fast enough, it is a small family business with just Chris and myself and we pride ourself on excellent service and honesty and sometimes that does mean chatting to our customers at the bar and then time goes by…..but chris always looks people in the eye…..i can assure you he wasn't trying to keep your change. Best not go down to any 'fashionable beach bars' down south where you can't leave without paying €100 for a snack and a drink. We will endeavour to try even harder than we do already and again sorry we didn't come up to your high expectations. It upsets us both very much when our guests aren't really happy in our magical garden. My husband has been in the hospitality business for over 35 years and not once has he been accused of dishonesty. i do hope you find somewhere that suits you perfectly for the rest of your holiday.