“Burren Camino a truly wonderful experience”

Heart of Burren Walks
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Kilfenora
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Joined Tony Kirby for the Burren Camino walk on Sunday. The weather, group and particularly Tony was excellent. The walk was both enjoyable and informative and the scenery of the Burren added to a truly outstanding day. It was my first trip with Tony and hopefully it will not be my last. Looking forward to more walks in 2012. Jim McMahon, Ennis

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Tony paced the walk perfectly. Our group of mixed fitness levels seemed to have no difficulty getting around. Borrow a hazel walking stick from Tony as you will need it to walk on the limestone slab. On a typical December day on the Burren, there was a good spirit of cameraderie amongst the group. Our visit to Saint Colman's Well was a particular highlight of the trip for me. I also enjoyed Tony's recitation of poetry on a couple of occasions! He gave us a relaxed and informative tour of a very special part of Ireland.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

A friend and I joined Tony Kirby for St Colman's Camino during Christmas. As someone who regularly walks in the Burren, I have to compliment Tony's tour in the highest possible terms - his knowledge and manner were brilliant, the group was great and the route was very interesting as well as being suitable for a variety of levels of ability. I have no hesitation in recommending Heart of Burren Walks very fully. I'm looking forward to going on another of Tony's walks again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Great couple of hours on the burren with a group of people from all over, didnt know such a trip existed until we noticed a group waiting outside the Burren centre. We decided to go along on a whim and it was a fantastic experience all the better for being so unexpected.I had been to the burren before but never had my eyes opened up in such a way until the walk with Tony. Fasinating, fun and easy to listen to, he had me hooked and inspired to come back and enjoy this great treasure that we are lucky enough to have in Ireland.If you are on the West Coast any time soon, dont miss it

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We set out from the Burren National Park - carpark on a windy and wet morning. The conditions did not take from a fantastic and interesting day. We initially climbed to the top of Turloughmore and had some spectacular views of County Clare and Galway. We continued on the original pilgrimage route of St Colman Mac Duagh. Our guide Tony Kirby was very knowledgeable and interesting (an a great reciter of poetry!) and made the day special. The group we were with were very friendly and interesting. Overall the day was fantastic and very memorable and I would highly recommend it.