“Education and Pleasure in equal measure”

Heart of Burren Walks
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Kilfenora
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been visiting the Burren for over 30 years. I have several books on the area. I can honestly say that I learned more during the 2.5 hours of Tony's guided walk than I did in all my prior years of visiting. Tony has a huge amount of knowledge. His passion for his adopted home of the Burren is obvious and infectious. The tour was very personal; he took trouble to memorise all our first names; he addressed all our questions in a very matter of fact way that was easy to understand. Tony's tour is a must for anyone with even a passing interest in this place of rugged beauty and internationally important ecosystem. I am very much looking forward to walking with him again soon.

All reviews
in 132 reviews
"botany"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Walking the Burren with Tony as a guide was like walking through the geologic and social history of Ireland with the added bonus of breathtaking views. If you are going to Ireland, do not pass up this unique opportunity to better understand this landscape and the current geopolitical issues facing Ireland.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I recently spent an entire day with Tony Kirby, on a tailor made tour in the morning and a scheduled walk in the afternoon. In both programs, Tony took care to greet each of us personally, while checking for interests, needs and background knowledge. He presented his plan before each walk and reviewed concepts along the way. Tony interwove the archeological, historical and mythological connections to the land with specific examples in the environment. His knack for poetry and humor made the walks highly entertaining and informative for children and seniors alike. We highly recommend Heart of the Burren Walks with Tony Kirby. I hope to return again!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Heart of Burren Walk with Tony was one of the highlights of our trip to Ireland. Tony met our group of five near where we were staying in Fanore. He gave us each a walking stick and off we went. Tony's knowledge about the terrain, culture and history of Ireland was very impressive; and the views along the way were fantastic! I would recommend this for anyone who wants to experince the true Ireland.