“Lovely food”

Ranked #1 of 1 Pentre Berw B&B and Inns
Gaerwen, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Myself and a group of friends ate here about a week ago. The food was lovely, plenty of it and homemade, my only criticism was the lack of lighting in the car park as I left by myself and it was pitch black walking to the car

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank donnamowen
saz181, Manager at Holland Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your food when visiting us I hope you had a pleasant evening. I agree with you about the lighting in the car park I have on many occasions had to walk out in the dark to my car to go home sometimes at 2am and it is not nice. Fortunately we have recently repaired a light in the car park so this has improved and I will discuss with the brewery the possibility of more lighting in the future.
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Called here with friends for the Sunday carvery after hearing it had new landlords. Lovely lunch. Choice of 3 meats, lots of fresh veg and the tastiest gravy I've ever had. clean pub. Look forward to visiting again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
saz181, Manager at Holland Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I agree the gravy on a Sunday is delicious.

Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had a great night at the Holland Arms on the isle of Anglesey. As soon as we arrived it seemed a friendly atmosphere, I travelled with a group of 5 (Myself, mother, father and 2 brothers). We walked in and noticed the bar/ restuarant looked empty and we thought oh god empty is not good but we saw the manager, or so I believe, and he said that the restuarant was shut due to refurbishment so he told us where his sister restuarant was so we went for a meal there after we paid for our room.
When we arrived back at the hotel the bar got busy with around 5 customers in there. So we sat down on comfy leather seats by the pool table and the T.V with X Factor on. We had a couple of rounds of pool and alcohol; although i had orange juice, then when we went up to the room we found they were roomy spacious and a very nice bathroom.
When we woke in the morning we got greeted by the housewife and she made us complimentary toast and cereal, tea and coffee. When we unfortunately had to leave they greeted a safe journey home and told us the best route to avoid the M6.
We were pleasantly surprised and it surpassed all of our expectation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Coolio64
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Holland Arms Hotel. I am only sorry your stay coincided with the refurbishment of our kitchen, hopefully you will return and be able to sample our menu.
I am really pleased that the staff looked after you so well.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I first went to the Holland arms around 3 months ago and I have to say it wouldn't normally be a place I would go again, very uninviting and probably would have found more cheer in a graveyard, however I recently found out the hotel is under new management and decided to give it a second shot, went in Wednesday 25th of September to find it was the new managers second night, I could already see some changes, the staff all hard at work cleaning the place from top to bottom, after reading some other reviews about this place it definitely needed a good clean, all I can say to the new manager is you can't do a worse job than the previous lady that had it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert J
Thank you for your kind comments. We have been working very hard to get the place up to standard and I hope when you visit us again you will still be happy with the changes that have been made.
We hope to do well here and have every intention to make it a success.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentre Berw
#1 of 4 in Llangefni
Bulkeley Arms
Bulkeley Arms
#4 of 6 in Menai Bridge

Been to Holland Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!