“Holland Arms Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Holland Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Pentre Berw B&B and Inns
“Holland Arms Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rooms on the internet looked lovely and very high standard so I booked Bed and Breakfast for myself and my husband for a 2 night stay. When we arrived the barmaid advised that the breakfast is only continental! Also she wanted to take the final payment for the stay, I had paid £80 deposit and advised I wasnt paying the full balance until my last night.We were shown to our room which was clean newly decorated contemporay and newly fitted ensuite which was lovely. Could have done with bottled water in the room as it was a hot weekend. Our window was above the kItchen fan which didnt turn out to be a problem as it was turned off at 9! We ate our evening meal in the hotel and it was delicous hot good prepared food. Only once did one of the waitresses asked if our meal was ok. After kicking out time on the Saturday night the locals youths had decided to stay around outside in the car park shouting until early hours. Breakfast was not continental it was cerals and toast, tea and coffee, no pastries, yogurt, fruit, ham cheeses! Second morning we went to breakfast there was no one there to greet us. Again only cereals and toast to eat No one came to see if we were ok or needed anything. I left the room key on the breakfast table and left.Not once had the landlord/host make themselves known or seem to care we were there and if we needed anything. I understand what the owners are doing, they are gradually doing the hotel up in to which will be a lovely B & B but unfortuately customer service and going that extra mile with your customers with a full option breakfast is expected when you charge £80 per night BB. Until they have completed the refurb a reduction in price should be applied.

Room Tip: New refurbished room was lovely and the meal in the restaurant was delicious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have just returned from a weeks holiday in Anglesey and ate on three occasions at the Holland Inn at Pentre Berw. The food was amazing, we were made so welcome and our small well behaved dog was also made welcome. The girls were so courteous and we were well looked after. I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kinmel Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Called here for a lunch time meal with a party of 12 celebrating a friends' birthday. I asked the waitress for a 'special' meal as I had recently started slimming world and had to avoid many foods, including hidden fats and carbs in sauces, etc. I asked for a grilled gammon steak and a large undressed salad, this is exactly what I received and all the fat had been trimmed from the gammon prior to cooking! It turns out the chef had also been to slimming world. The rest of the group had a selection from the menu which included home made lasagne, venison with a juniper sauce, home made burgers, hand cut chips (I really had to resist these) and two children meals. The mother of the youngest child asked for a plate of tomatoes, cucumber and raw carrot sticks for her fussy toddler and was delighted to be served a basket full of healthy nibbles. The service was a bit slow, especially as the restaurant was not full, but well worth the delay. I can fully recommend this restaurant for anyone on slimming world and for everyone who loves good, wholesome home cooked food. There was no pressure for us to hurry up and we spent a leisurely couple of hours celebrating with our friend.

Room Tip: Sorry I can't describe the hotel and sleeping accommodation part of the Hotel as I only ate ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Serendipity2210
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Visited The Holland Arms because of its location to our home in Newborough. I'm a big fan of Lees beer but I have to say on this occasion the bitter was terrible. Cloudy, stale and clearly pass it's best....Barman came up with an excuse but no apology.
On the plus side the food was nice, we had the ham & eggs and the waitress friendly.
Please sort the ale out !!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jamie H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Lovley food. Cant fault it. Sometimes some of the young waitresses seem to be bit hap hazzard with the service. They need to be bit more on the ball. When we sit down. Menus wernt boight to us for.ages and had to ask for.them a few times we visited. All in all excellent. Place looks nice now too. Good choices on the menu.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
wells somerset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

we stayed for 2 nights first impressions were not good the place looked tired the upstairs landings very scruffy, but the room had been refurbished and was excellent, unfortunately it was not en-suite and the bathroom we used was very run down, the toilet cistern did not function properly and the shower only delivered cold water! After complaining we were given use of a new bathroom in an unfinished room, on a good note the staff were good and the food was fantastic i am sure given time this will be a good place to stay

Room Tip: ask for newly refurbished en- suite room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

After taking my mother out shopping, we were passing so we pulled into the large car park , as you go in from the car park there is a stair case leading up to the bar but if you go in through the front door just a little to the left then this is ideal for wheelchair acces , the bar area was empty so I thought this doesn't look good !but it soon got busier , The lady at the bar was really friendly and pleasant , we sat by the door leading to the beer garden which was nice and light , the bar area is a little on the dark side but that's the position of the building I think , the bar area and hotel in general looked modern and very clean . The menu had Lots of choices but we only wanted a light lunch , I orderd a prawn and Marie rose sauce on a panini which had a side salad and a portion of chips which I had not orderd ,my mother had ham,egg,chips and peas , the ham was thick and cooked perfectly ( 2-3 slices ) it came with 2 eggs , I paid approx £17.00 including drinks ,this was well worth the money and was a really nice meal we will be going back again soon

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
The Anglesey Arms
The Anglesey Arms
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge
South Stack Coastal Retreats

Been to Holland Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!