“Birthday party”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lea Marston
Tamworth
“Birthday party”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Recently celebrated a 'significant' birthday at Lea Marston; everyone had a wonderful time making full use of the spa facilities during the week-end. The accommodation was excellent.

The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it.

I intend to book in regularly for spa treatments and will certainly consider using the hotel again for any other celebrations.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor - large and plenty of room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
tomkirkham, Manager at Lea Marston Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Mary W, many thanks for your recent review, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable party at the hotel and I have passed on your kind comments to the whole team.

I know all about "significant" birthdays as I too have just celebrated my 40th at Lea Marston Hotel, like you I was delighted with the whole event. We look forward to seeing you again soon and if there is anything further our team can do for you please do not hesitate to ask, kind regards Phillip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Leicester
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Myself and two friends had a lovely relaxing spa break but on the sunday morning we was not allowed to use the spa facilities so we sat it out untill we got picked up to go home. My friend then had a look at terms and conditions and we were entitled to use the facitities untill 2pm so after a conversation with the spa we were offered a free day with lunch, so i would like to thank the manager who was working on saturday april 14th and young lady (who apprantly looked like my daughter) so sorry i am rubbish with names. We had a lovely day and you were so friendly and made us feel very welcome so we will see you all very soon for another spa break as we love your relaxation room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear 50birthdaygirl3, many thanks for your recent review, I am delighted that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us. I must apologise about the miss understanding regarding access to the health club, I can assure you that I have spoken with the team and amended our procedures in line with our terms and conditions. Once again many thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lea Marston Hotel at some point in the future, kind regards Phillip
Cambridge, England
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed a relax and refresh spa break and excellent service in the restaurant

1 Thank Suzie_G07
Dear Suzie_G07, many thanks for your recent review we are delighted that you both had an enjoyable spa break with us, its great to get a bit of time out! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at som point in the future, kind regards Phillip
Rogerstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My party booked a double room & a twin room, which we managed to get next to each other. Both were well presented & on the lower floor. There was the usual kettle, tea, coffee, hairdryer etc. They both seemed tidy & clean. The bathroom was a pinky/peachy kind of colour & did seem old fashioned. Having read other reviews I’m not sure if this is one of the bathrooms that’s due to be replaced or not? Breakfast was a good choice & we also ordered veggie sausages which were good & a nice touch for the veggies amongst our group. There was nothing that was a wow factor & nothing wrong with the rooms – just standard, warm & comfortable rooms. Only complaint I would have is that we asked if we could have a late checkout as we had a wedding to go to later in the day. We were told we could have a room for an extra 30 minutes only taking us up until 11:30. We didn’t ask for both rooms, just one to get ready in. I know that rooms need to be changed etc but how come when you check in at hotels the rooms aren’t ready until 15:00 or even aren’t ready at all & you have to wait & when you want to stay on in one you can’t cos they need to be cleaned??!!! Surely they could have left one room until later in the day. We would only have liked to have stayed on until about 12:30 if possible. Oh well – it was a good base to stay at & I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
tomkirkham, Manager at Lea Marston Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear BooBoo 2126, many thanks for your recent review and I am pleased that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We do try to offer flexibility with check in/out times but when the hotel is busy we only have a small window of opportunity to turn the rooms around and so our flexibility is reduced. I am sorry that we were unable to offer such flexibility during your visit.

Once again many thanks for your review and we do hope to welcome you back to Lea Marston Hotel at some point in the future, kind regards Phillip
Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We have been to many hotels as a couple and and as parents of two young children. I would recommend to both. On arrival we were greeted, our children were given easter eggs and pens a really nice touch. The room layout for us was perfect, a big double/king and two further beads either side. plenty of room the best layout we have had. tea coffee great bathroom, shower only. For me the hotel was well looked after in all areas, nothing was shabby. Some hotels are very tired looking this was not. V clean and modern. The leisure facilities were good, not too big but again well looked after. Breakfast was good lots of choice the staff were fantastic, always nice to be greeted with a smile. All staff were good. We arrived on the sunday and the a la carte restaurant was closed good for us as we did not plan to take the children in there. We eat in the bar/ restaurant, again this was excellent! a great menu reasonably priced food, good quality, large portions,a childs menu available, and again the atmosphere was brilliant very cosy almost as if in a country pub non chain a rustic feel.
This has been one of the best hotels we have stayed in for quality and price. Our opinion, but we had a very good stay, customer service is everything. thank you!

2 Thank mark s
Dear mark S, many thanks for your recent review, we are delighted by your comments and the whole team are thrilled that your family had an enjoyable stay with us. We do hope to welcome you back to Lea Marston Hotel on your next visit to the area, kind regards Phillip
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I cannot fault the hotel for its cleanliness; comfortable room and bed; stylish design everywhere; its excellent food and the helpfulness of the staff though my booking in was a little curt. However I chose this hotel for a 3 night break over Easter for its advertised Spa 'relax; rejuvenate;restore' facilities and I was not expecting the hotel to be so completely family orientated. I have had 3 children so can fully recommend this hotel for the attention they pay to family needs and to the children but I would not recommend this as a spa hotel if you need to relax and unwind like I did.
I have stayed in other spa hotels and had expected to spend most of my 3 days in a bathrobe reclining by the pool with drinks service and buffet lunch on offer but the ambience in the spa area was spoilt by children jumping in, screaming & splashing and playing with floats in the pool, it reminded me more of a leisure club than spa hotel. The 13 metre pool was next to the gym with a glass wall so watching others working out did not help relaxation either! I was not able to take advantage of the advertised relaxation area because I had not specifically booked a spa break. This did not match the 'relax; rejuvenate;restore' that is so strongly promoted. There was an advertised time restriction on child access to the pool area but that may have just been for residents children not members or probably was not closely monitored because children were always in the pool. None of the pictures I saw of the hotel and its facilities indicated the level of children that could be expected.
I did have a 30 minute facial - I had not prebooked and they were very busy - which was wonderful and I could see the benefits but I would have liked to have known what products were used so that I could take some home with me. I feel there was a sale opportunity missed.
The breakfasts were superb but as the dining area was naturally full of children (some crying) and a few pushchairs it felt like a creche. A solution would be to designate a no child dining area which would cater for your adult only guests - there is certainly the room to do this. I also felt that allowing toddlers to crawl and small children to wander and run around an area that serves hot drinks and where the staff replenish the hot food is a little risky.
I also had poor internet connection no matter where I tried in the hotel. The evening receptionist was very helpful in getting another member of staff to sort it out for me twice but I still struggled to get connected other times especially in my room.
This is a very good hotel, easy to get to, close to themed attractions and has very helpful staff. I would like to mention Lynne Purshouse who offered to get me a paper over breakfast and then fetched her own reading glasses as I had not brought mine with me. That was very much appreciated and was the kind of attention to customer comfort I had expected, thank you Lynne.
My view is that the Hotel totally and superbly caters for families but to the detriment of adult only guests so I personally would not rebook for its spa facilities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear KayJ1651, many thanks for your recent review, we appreciate your constructive feeback and will use this to shape our future operation.

You booked on a lesiure break package and so would not have had access to areas that are reserved for our spa breaks guests such as the relaxation lounge and spa dining conservatory. We do operate restricted childrens swim hours in our pool so I will ensure this is being followed.

We are careful in our marketing messages as we warmily welcome a whole host of guests to the hotel with family breaks being featured throughout our website pages. As you visited during the Easter holiday period we would expect to be busy with families enjoying our facilities.

I am delighted that you enjoyed most elements of the hotel and your stay with us and I can assure you we will work with your comments to ensure we give all of our guests a fantastic experinece in the future.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you will return back to the hotel at some point in the future, best regards Phillip
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2012

As a business traveller I visited this hotel and found it to be generally reasonable.

Room was a good size however the bathroom let it down. Whilst it had all the facilities it needed some attention as black mould was apparent on areas of sealant around the shower screen and bath and the sealant across the back of the toilet bowl was separated from the wall which can not be good for hygiene!

Food was good, both at dinner and breakfast and free wifi available throughout the hotel.

Hotel seems paranoid about feedback as feedback papers are on every table at breakfast and I was presented one after dinner. One quest did confuse me though - What is you month of birth? Would love to know the relevance.....

Not a bad hotel but will try others in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear FromWiltsatWork, many thanks for your recent review it was disappointing to read that elements of your stay did not meet with your expectations. I can assure you that we never compramise on hygiene and I am aware of the discoloured sealant that is being replaced.

With regards to your comments on guest feedback, we do believe that it is important to gather feedback so that we can shape our future business. It is a shame you felt unable to discuss the issues raised in this review whilst you where staying at the hotel giving us the opportunity to put things right for you at the time.

I do hope that next time you are on business in the area you give us a second chance as we would love to welcome you back, regards Phillip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lea Marston
Grimscote Manor Hotel
Grimscote Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Coleshill
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Lea Marston Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!