“Top Class!”

Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lea Marston
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This hotel is perfectly located for easy access to the motorway systems and airport/railway but not troubled by any noise. Excellent facilities of gym/spa and golf. The bedrooms are truly 5 star and the restaurant/bars offer your every need. The staff are courteous, friendly and very helpful. There are ample conference facilities and I would fully recommend this hotel for either personal or business use.

Room Tip: The majority of rooms are ground floor with an outlook of the golf course. I did not comment on a r...
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Buttonhole,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a brilliant review following your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team who are delighted by what you have said.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lea Marston Hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Lea Marston Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Having stayed previously for a big birthday celebration and being very impressed, we decided to stay again, a group of 6 this time for a 30th birthday. Us ladies treated ourselves to spa treaments and the men enjoyed a game of golf. When we came back together in the evening, we all agreed we had had one of the best days ever. The spa was superb, we were treated like queens, had lovely robes and a nice place to sit and wait for our treatments, with refreshments and fresh strawberries, and the treatments (Mud chamber and massages) were superb. I can't remember enjoying a spa day more, or feeling more pampered and relaxed. The feedback from the men was that the golf course was in superb condition, and they thorougly enjoyed the game and left wanting to play more.

The evening was dinner in the main restaurant which was nothing short of superb. Again we were brought little canapes as we had a pre-dinner drink in the conservatory, and we then went on to enjoy a superb meal. The attention to detail was great, with staff handling the plates with gloves to prevent smudge marks on plates, and everyone thought the food was of a very high standard.

Breakfast was busy in the mornning as there was a wedding party, so there were a few delays with getting the food topped up and making sure there were enough plates and things, but the staff did not seem to get flustered or short when any requests were made.

We did not have the benefit this time of a new room but nonetheless the rooms were of a good standard, the bed was very comfortable and we had a brilliant nights sleep after a great day.

As with last time, I shall be recommending this to friends, and shall be back again in the not too distant future!

Thanks to everyone at Lea Marston for a great stay and making a birthday celebration very special!

Room Tip: The new rooms are nicer and more spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear LauraOD

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review following your recent stay with us, we are delighted that we have helped to make a birthday celebration so special for you all.

We were thrilled to read that you all had such a wonderful time both in the spa and on the golf course during your stay and I have passed on your comments to the respective teams who are delighted by your feedback.

I have spoken with our breakfast team to ensure that extra care is taken in ensuring that food is well supplied during busy periods so please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Please read the entry to the end....

BOOKING – We booked through Lastminute.com. One standard non-smoking twin/double with English breakfast for 2 people for 2 nights at a total cost of £130.00 for 6&7 June 2012.

ACCOMODATION – We started off in room 43 which was not of acceptable standard. The reason being that it was in need of a good clean and attention e.g. the bathroom had mould, broken components etc. More importantly the bed was completely shot – we could feel the springs and every time we turned, they creaked loudly. We advised reception shortly after our arrival, but our concerns were met with apathy and we were advised that the bedroom had recently been refurbished but the bathroom had yet to be done – in the meantime the bedrooms upstarts were currently being refurbished (no help to us!). We stayed in that room the first night.

Having had an uncomfortable, noisy night and then finding that that the shower leaked water all over the floor and that the water temperature fluctuated dramatically, the following morning we spoke to reception again. This time the deputy Manager, Mrs Eaton offered us Room 23 which was in a different league to the one we started off in. It was quieter, being away from the area where the linen services collected the washing at 7:15am and the central heating didn’t rattle in the pipes. The décor and equipment, including the bathroom was of a very good standard and the bed was so comfortable!!! and by way of an apology, we were left wine, bottled water, chocolates, crisp and nuts.

BREAKFAST – This was self-service and of good quality. There was a good choice: Full English, juice, fruit, cereals, toast etc.

LOCATION – The hotel is pleasantly rural, near to the motorway but away from any traffic noise. It is ideally located for a visit to Drayton Manor Theme Park.

THE FUTURE – Would we stay there again? YES WE WOULD, providing we had a refurbished room and the hotel improved its standard of cleaning as even in the second room it had not been properly dusted and my husband cleaned some of the shower tiles and grouting. (We spoke to the hotel about this too).

TIP FOR HOTEL: Our relatives were staying at a local B&B and the owner of the B&B advised that they used to go out for dinner frequently at the Lea Marston but no longer did so as standards had fallen. From what we experienced, the food was good, so perhaps the hotel should contact local "customers" to refresh confidence and potential recommendations.

RATINGS: We have based ratings on the the first night - If we had had room 23 for both days we would have rated everything as very good.

Room Tip: During our stay families with young children were located in rooms near reception. I would recommen...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Breaktaker
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your recent stay at the hotel.

Once again please accept our sincere apologises for any inconvenience caused to you both and I can assure you that as soon as your problems where highlighted to me we took immediate action to ensure you enjoyed the remainder of your stay with us.

You will be delighted to hear that our bedroom refurbishment programme is ongoing and we have been working hard to improve our product further. Recently we have purchased additional Mattison deluxe pocket sprung beds and we continue to enhance our oldest bathrooms.

As I write this management response I can confirm that room 43 along with 5 other rooms are currently having new bathrooms fitted.

We were also sorry to read your comments regarding standards of cleaning and I can assure you that I have discussed your feedback with our housekeeping team and taken action where necessary.

Thank you also for the feedback from local B&B owners, I believe that our food has gone from strength to strength in recent years so I will be on a crusade with our local colleagues over the coming weeks.

I am delighted that you have not been put off staying with us in the future and I can assure you that the changes we are making will be noticeable.

Once again we thank you for your understanding in this matter and look forward to welcoming you back to Lea Marston Hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I did not really read up about this palce before I booked but what a find. Se in beautiful surrounds it has everything.Excellent staff from reception to restaurant.Rooms spotless light and airy and very comfortable. We ate in the Restaurant and although very modern and up market it was comfortable and not pretentions.Food and wine were superb and for the quality was great value.Would definitely recoomend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mal Odorous,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay with us.

We were thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and felt that our food and wine was supberb - I have to agree with you!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Great location for business. The conference facilities provided were excellent frequent top ups of coffee etc. My room on the first floor was spacious and a comfortable bed. Only down side was the sink in bathroom was dirty and the waste pipe was gunged. I found the staff very helpful even reserving tables in lounge bar for us to watch the football.

Dear Bucksexile

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your business trip to the hotel.

I am delighted that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I apologise for any inconvenience casued by the slow draining sink and can assure you that I have taken this up with our housekeeping department.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

First of all I have to say the restaurant was fantastic. Excellent staff and delightful food and drink. I also have to say that while we were staying at this hotel and spa, a wedding reception was taking place so the staff were obviously busy, but not at any time did we have to wait for service.

However, I feel the hotel did not live up to the 4* experience my friend and I were expecting. First of all, the robes for our spa day were not in our room so we have to call reception for them (to save walking down in our bathers) and we did receive them promptly. While I was in the swimming pool my robe was taken and my room key was in the pocket. Reception kindly gave me a new key so I could check my room was still secure, but I would have preferred them to accompany me and immediately ask for a replacement set of keys with a new code, rather than me having to ask for this. I would have also appreciated a new robe being offered rather than having to struggle with a towel around me walking past the Wedding reception in my swimwear ... most embarrassing. I feel the reception staff although very helpful when asked, could have shown slightly more inciative rather than just directing me to the spa for any info on the missing robe. Noting my embarrassment, maybe they could have asked for me?

My friend and I had the same treatments (facial and back massage), but where she was asked about any allergies or back conditions, I was not. I feel this was also lax on the part of the therapist.

As mentioned above, the service in the bar and restaurant was second to none. Lovely, welcoming staff who could not do enough for you.

My friend is a vegetarian and was disappointed to see there were no veggie options at breakfast (i.e. quorn sausages). She had to have egg, mushroom and beans. However there was a lovely buffet of pastries, fruits and cereals.

All in all, not the most relaxing weekend, but as the food was good, I was mostly happy. Would I go back? Possibly not.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Beckyboos21

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent spa break at the hotel.

I am delighted that on the whole you had an enjoyable time with us and I must apologise for any inconvenience experieneced during your stay.

I am dissapointed that you said that you would not return and can assure you that we have investigated your feedback and taken steps where neccesary to ensure that future guests have an enjoyable stay with us.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

This hotel is in a good location for UK business meeting as it is centrally positioned. The conference and meeting rooms are very good as are the bars and restaurants. What lets it down are the hotel rooms. I booked a double and got a twin. The windows were painted shut and the double glazing units misted over. The free wifi only worked for a few hours and the bathrooms were very dated.

Room Tip: As for a refurbished room
4  Thank Gerry J
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear Gerry J

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review, we are pleased that on the whole you had a successful stay and business meeting with us.

With regard to you comments on our bedrooms I have got our maintence team to check all windows are fully functional and you will be pleased to hear that we are refurbishing our oldest bathrooms throughout the Summer months.

We have also recently changed our internet provider and so this should greatly improve the free wifi we offer to all guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lea Marston Hotel in the future so that you can experience the changes we have made.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lea Marston
Grimscote Manor Hotel
Grimscote Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Coleshill
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Lea Marston Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!