“Christmas package”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lea Marston
nuneaton
“Christmas package”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here the 3 night Christmas package. Being middle aged and childless for this Christmas we were worried that choosing a more modern hotel was a bit of a gamble as to whether it would deliver what we were looking for. We need not have worried. The hotel had covered everyones needs. A games room was set up with games for children of all ages. A casino night, quiz and country pursuits events were all very much aimed at adults and meant we were entertained for our entire stay.
The staff were friendly, attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Even the Christmas Day cleaning staff were merry and bright and obviously enjoy their work.
The room was clean and comfortable and we had a lovely big bed and huge bath.
We will definitely be returning for another Christmas. Thank you Lea Marston

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here 30th December till 2nd January as a party of 8 adults and 8 children on a half board basis and as titled nothing was too much trouble.
Upon arrival my room was ready and was extremely clean and comfy, As the other party guests arrived their rooms were also ready. We went into the bar area and were led to a room called the shottery which was perfect for us all. We pretty much took over this room and it was great for the Kids to play and chill.
The food was fantastic and the service was second to none.
On New Years eve there was a party aimed for children with an entertainer and a disco with a buffet. The buffet was absolutely fantastic with a huge variety of food for the children and adults.
Throughout our stay the staff were amazing, extremely polite and very helpful which was not in any way false.
On our last night we wanted to eat in the ala carte restaurant but some children and adults wanted steak which was on a different menu. The chef agreed to do us food from both Menus. We were seated in the spa conservatory which was just for the 16 of us and it was again amazing.
The pool area with jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were also fantastic and we all had a great time.
As previously mentioned the staff were awesome and to just highlight a few their names are Luke, Matthew, Karen, Nick, Lisa, Kelly, Emma, Caroline and Adele.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank karenkidd9171
Wisbech, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our first impressions were ok but the room proved clean and comfortable. We spent 3 days over the New Year and the staff and food were outstanding. The staff were very helpful, cheerful and knowledgeable. The food was fantastic and we would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family. The New Years ball was organised very well and the food was presented hot and cooked to perfection. Lovely!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Having never stayed here before my partner and I booked this as a treat for us and our friends.

We could not fault any part of a stay at this hotel it was simply perfection.

All staff here are super friendly and very attentive. Some of the staff were young and new and lacking in some of the skills required for their role like how to open a bottle of wine. But they never lost their cool and sought help if required. Maybe a little more training would stop the staff feeling uncomfortable when asked to do something.

Our room was stunning. With a separate lounge area it was more than we needed but very comfortable. The huge corner bath was lovely although I didn't have time to try it out.

The festive afternoon tea was to die for. I am a huge fan of afternoon tea and sometimes can be left disappointed but not here. With a selection of finger sandwiches and a festive drink and a slate plate filled with festive cakes and treats. There was more than enough than we could finish but it was a delicious start to our stay.

Whilst the boys went off to play the range the girls snuggled infront of the fire with wine. This area of the hotel is cold as it links to the golf course and range but apart from the draught the bar environment was again very pleasant.

We decided to not eat in the a-la-carte restaurant but instead decided to eat at the bar. All I can say is that if we came again I would not eat at the restaurant but again eat at the bar. . . the food was amazing and today we have not yet eaten a tastier steak. The steaks come on a hot stone and cook at your table keeping it warm whilst you eat.

The attention to detail at this hotel is very special, from the miniature chip baskets with dinner to the miniature milk bottles at breakfast, nothing is over looked. These little touches make you feel extra special.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Following two other successful events at Lea Marston, we choose it as our Christmas residence whilst in England for a week. It did not disappoint. Any concerns beforehand that because we weren't part of the package deal we might have to settle for 'second best' were immediately dispelled on arrival. As on previous occasions, every member of staff we encountered was friendly, helpful and professional (at a risk of leaving someone out I won't try mentioning people by name). Even over Christmas outwardly you would have thought that there was nowhere they would rather be on Christmas Day than cleaning our rooms or serving our breakfast!
We decided to take a break from visiting relatives and stayed at the hotel for Christmas dinner. We were allowed to have the three hours it took us to enjoy our delicious five course meal in an extremely relaxed atmosphere without any pressure at all. Caroline and all the staff in Hathaways made Christmas dinner very special.
Whilst this year it wouldn't have met our needs, having seen what a great time the people on the package deal seemed to be having, we would certainly consider that option for next year. Thank you Lea Marston for making our Christmas 2013 so memorable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark F
Reviewed 29 December 2013

A nice hotel with a good room. We had some room service and the food was excellent. The food was all freshly cooked. I must admit having read the reviews I was expecting a bit more, but it was very good for what we paid.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have just returned from the Lea Marston and had a 2 night stay which wasn't the best. I don't want to it lick so here are the major elements.

I called a few days prior to my stay to talk through my requirements. B&B, quiet room, couple of spa treatments (given times which I booked) and a bit of relaxation while visiting friends.

I had a really positive feeling about the discussions and booking so wanted to let the senior management know this and calling back was advised they don't have a General manager. I was advised to speak with Heidi the 'Operations Manager' and the receptionist sent her an email for her to call me back that day. This didn't happen. I called back the following day and was told by the Duty Manager 'well she won't call you back until Monday anyway', some 4 days later which left a really sour taste.

By the time I arrived, and I was an hour early the receptionist said 'check in is guaranteed at 2pm' with no guidance about the bar, restaurant or other facilities that I could use until 2pm. So I left and went shopping.

As I returned at 215pm to check in I had a phone voice mail from the 'Spa' to move my 3pm appointment to accommodate someone else!

So Heidi did try to come talk to me but that night I had already had enough and didn't need a row. She delivered my room service which was very nice and I did explain then.

Maybe I did get a bottle of prosecco on the side the following day but that wasn't the point. And I still paid the full bill.

Breakfast was poor. No a la carte, all in chafing dishes and bland. To make it worse as the ONLY table in the restaurant on 23rd December I listened to the 3 waitresses moaning about the quality of the Duty Manager and why it was no surprise that they 'haven't already got a seating plan for this evening'. Aren't they meant to serve breakfast at breakfast time.

I am not trying to be unfair or cruel but make clear the issues. It's a shame in some respects as the rooms are almost clean and well maintained.

I came away dissatisfied.

To me there are a few positives but it seems no one knows who does what I this hotel. From the reviews below I notice that Tom Kirkham is reviewed to as manager but their own website states Managing Director. Heidi is referred to as Operations Manager but seems to works as Food and Beverage Manager.

I am all for management working the floor but it hasn't really materialised as a positive experience, except for the room service burger which was perfectly medium rare as ordered and tasty.

Mr Kirkham, Heidi has my number and will be able to identify me so would be great to talk this through if you have time.

Many thanks.

Grimscote Manor Hotel
Grimscote Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Coleshill
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,576 reviews

Been to Lea Marston Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!