Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Brook Marston Farm Hotel(Sutton Coldfield)
US$108
US$83
US$81
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
New Hall Hotel & Spa(Sutton Coldfield)
US$192
US$185
Great 4.5/5
Heath Lodge(Marston Green)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,409 results
All reviewsthomas landdriving rangeleisure facilitiesswimming poolsteam roomexcellent hotelgreat facilitiesrelaxation roomfamily roomwedding venueexcellent staywedding receptionhathaways barexecutive roomchanging roomsevening mealone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014

What a fantastic experience :-) A hidden gem in Lea Marston close to Birmingham, HIGHLY recommend! From such a friendly welcome made to feel special and not just another face. I stayed in an executive room overlooking the golf just beautiful, had a beer in the bar dinner in the restaurant and the service and quality just the best! A greats nights sleep then a freshly made Full English breakfast with espresso on tap! lovely the best way to start the day. Go take a look and stay you will not be disappointed! Spa inside the facility Golf next door - a dream place to stay :-) Thanks to Harriet Hayley & Gemma. Hope to stay again soon - for longer!!!!

Room Tip: Try to have a room at the rear - overlooking the Golf course.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
LeaMarstonHotelTeam, Manager at Lea Marston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a lovely review with the tripadvisor community, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate your high praise of our hotel and team along with your kind recommendation.

We are thrilled you had a great nights sleep and found the food and service you experienced in the Adderley for dinner and breakfast excellent.

Once again we thank you for your great comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I booked the Lea Marston Hotel as a surprise 20th Anniversary trip for myself and my husband. I spent ages looking at different hotels with spas as we wanted a chance for a treatment and a relax in the spa. This hotel seemed to fit the bill I booked a 'Romantic Weekend' with champagne, chocolates and an executive room.

The hotel is not the most attractive from the outside but the inside is fairly modern and very clean. We were too early to book into the room so we took the chance to go to the spa. This is where I make my only real moan about the trip. The pictures on the website have been clearly stretched in some way as the pool and jacuzzi are very small. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if the area around the pool was bigger however in parts it is almost impossible to walk around the edge. This means that there are barely any chairs and no loungers. The pool room itself though is lovely and again very clean. The other thing that I hadn't quite twigged was that although they are calling it a Spa, it is really just the hotel pool and as such children are allowed in at all times. This meant that in addition to not having anywhere to sit and relax the whole place was filled with the sounds of shrieking children. Despite signs to the contrary the children were also going into the jacuzzi and the steam room. I did find this a disappointment as it had been the primary reason for the visit.

Our room was lovely and one of only a couple on the second floor. Huge shower room with atmospheric blue lighting. We also had a lovely view of the golf course.

The deal that we were on included a 3 course meal in the evening. Unfortunately due to the restaurant being busy we were automatically allocated a table for 8.20pm which is much later that we usually like to eat and as they were so busy it was around 9pm by the time we started our meal. The food was really lovely and I can highly recommend the blade of beef! (steer clear of the Tiramisu though as it was more like a cake!) Breakfast is buffet style and was excellent. The things that should be cold were cold and the things that should be hot were properly hot.

The Spa was a bit quieter on the Sunday morning which meant we could relax before checking out.

As lots of other people have said in their reviews, the staff here are truly excellent and so friendly. I would recommend this hotel for a nice general break but personally as a spa break I think there are better around.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review us with the tripadvisor community, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and really appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly team.

We were very sorry to hear that our spa fell short of your expectations and for any disappointment this caused during your stay, we endeavour to accommodate all our guests during their stay with us and do have children’s hours in place for using our leisure facilities.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience with us on the evening and would like to apologise your reservation was later than expected. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our breakfast being excellent.

Once again thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My partner surprised me with a nice spa break away and this hotel was lovely. The staff take the place to the highest level from Terri on reception with the warmest of welcomes and happy to assist with any requests to the girls in the spa (massages are amazing) and the restaurant/bar staff Adele and jack, always have a smile and chat and privide excellent service.
could not fault this hotel in anyway and nothing but praise for staff

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review us with the tripadvisor community, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate your lovely comments and high praise regarding the service you received from our team during your stay. We are immensely proud of our team for the great job they do.
We are really pleased you enjoyed your spa experience and found your massages amazing.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel and used the conference facility. The staff are very friendly, the hotel is very clean and beds are comfortable. The food was very nice and any complaints would be just picking holes. The conference room was very good and the staff ensured there was always water, juice, tea and coffee, pastries and cakes, defo recommend for small tram days. I didn't get a chance to use the pool / spa facilities but heard they are a good standard

Room Tip: I stayed in room 20 it was close to bar and restraint, I had a good sleep and wasn't disturbed by night or early morning noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review us with the tripadvisor community, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate your kind comments regarding our team, hotel and food.
We are really pleased you found your room comfortable and also found our conference facilities very good.

Once again thank you for your review and your kind recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for half term with my husband and son, we wanted a 1 bed suite so before our stay I liaised with Dawn via email which she arranged straight away.
We arrived on a Sunday from a drive from kent and as our room wasn't quite ready was treated to a complimentary drink before Sunday lunch. Dinner was yummy and they went the extra mile for my fussy child.
All staff were very kind polite and helpful, nothing was to much trouble, even had the manager and staff on the Sunday of arrival talking to us for ages and giving ideas on where to go.
Suite was fab, maybe a slight need for updating soon though .
Visited the gym which had everything I needed whilst hubby visited pool and spa ( my son loved the pool and jacuzzi)
On our return home my little boy said he had forgotten his dinosaur from the West Midlands safari park
I emailed dawn the following day whereupon she told me they had found mr dinosaur and was sending him ASAP ! I offered to pay but she wouldn't hear of it !
He arrived promptly 2 days later in a box, my sons fave was a picture.

We travel all over the world staying at hotels such as the langham In London and the Bellagio in Vegas but for service lea Marston should have 5* as they are exemplary in their attention to go that extra mile!
This Is the second time iv visited this hotel and I shall be back and have recommended it to all my friends and family.
Thank you all for making us so welcome xx

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review with the tripadvisor community, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful for your 5* rating of our service and attention to detail.
We really appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel facilities and food you experienced during your stay and thank you for your kind recommendation of us.

We are also really pleased that Mr Dinosaur found himself safely back to your son after his extended vacation.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.