“Nice place in business district”

Wingate by Wyndham Chihuahua
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Chihuahua
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

It's a nice, clean, friendly business hotel. We staid one night as we arrived with the chepe train late night. The staff is very friendly and pleased to help. As we staid for vacations, we recognized that we are a little bit far away from tourist attractions.
We were totally surprised as the hotel lobby offered us a free shuttle to the downtown and even a pick up from any location to bring us back to the hotel or to the airport !
Excellent service !!!
Therefor I gave 5 points !
Also, on the other side of the road, there were several good restaurants in walking distance.

Very recommendable !!

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Clean, nice rooms and friendly staff. The wingate is very well located in a nice area, there is a shopping mall at walking distance and acnumber of nice restaurants.

They offer cooked to order breakfast and afternoon food and cocktails.

Airport is 30 mins away (opposite side of town) but hotel offers free shuttle service to it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went here on a guided tour of 38 persons, we stayed here , it has a small pool área and a jacuzzi secluded área. Room was clean, spacious and with a lot of amenities, the breakfast that was included had a great variety of fruit, cereal, pancakes, egg and if you wanted an omelett or something different a chef would made it for you.
It is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Principally it would be a 4 Point plus, but downgraded due to personal experience.
The room is well equiped, with one major exclusion.

Plusses:
Furniture is very good. Cleanliness is fine. A bottle of water is provided for free, what I personally appreciate in countries like Mexiko. It helps to avoid "revenge of Montezuma". You can cook a coffee and there is a Refrigerator. If You forgot some travel assesories (saving creme & tools, tooth creme) You can buy at the kiosk next to reception. Wireless and LAN works good. Happy hour from 18:00 to 20:00, where You can have some snacks and beverages is really a good thing, compensating the fact, there is NO Restaurant inside. You have to go out.

Minusses:
1) Air condition works extremely loud and creates an uncomfortable room climate, i. e. I felt some slightly inconvenient smell. Consequently I slept very bad all 3 nights. Requesting the reception desk to unlock the window was no success - two times. Complaining (third time) ended in the same result with reference to Management decision and Company policy. Requesting the director I was asked to come back at day time (where I am busy by myself). I never met such ignorance during my 1000+ Hotel stays!!!

2) The Gymn Needs maintenance! only 2 of the 8 machines working.

Room Tip: Here I can not give any advice, I do not have a comparision.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank eschabulke
Reviewed 12 May 2014

this is a very good hotel, room are clean.
Fitness center is small but ok
there is always a 18h00 to 20h00 with beer, peanuts and burgers.
I suggest that you order from a local restaurant or go to a nearby one.
Breakfeast is starting around 6h00 but usualy they open part of it earlier.
There is a van that car bring you to different locations, make sure to reserve it in advance.
There is also a shopping center just beside it.
Only downside some room without safe

Room Tip: Personally I prefer higher one
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My first stay here was only a few hours, I only needed a place to sleep for my early morning flight the next day and I have a very good impression of this hotel. I read they have a competition with Hampton Inn at the opposite side of the freeway. I haven't tried that hotel but I picked this one again because: (1) They are really into customer service. They even called me as a reminder that I have reserved for a shuttle to the airport and gave me a breakfast bag! (2) Location location location. Yeah Applebee's is on the other side of the freeway but several restaurants (like Barrigas), Starbucks, Home Depot, and Fashion Mall is on the Wingate side! (3) They have happy hour...for free!!! AWESOME...Looking forward to a nice stay in a few weeks time.

Room Tip: They have a tablet right at the reception, how about giving kudos to the staff and giving them a 5-s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really confortable and very well located. Rooms are very clean and make our stay perfect and enjoyable... happy hours every afternoon are awesome. I strongly recommend this hotel in Chihuahua

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ulisses_Couto
Travellers also viewed these Chihuahua hotels
Hampton Inn by Hilton Chihuahua City
Ramada Encore Chihuahua
Ramada Encore Chihuahua
#5 of 29 in Chihuahua
Casa Grande Chihuahua Business Plus Hotel

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chihuahua? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Chihuahua

Address: Sierra de la Campana 3701 | Fracc. Comercial Vistas Del Sol, Chihuahua 31250, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Northern Mexico > Chihuahua > Chihuahua
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Chihuahua
Price Range: £60 - £96 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Chihuahua 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Chihuahua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.