We booked this hotel before it opened. It's obvious that this hotel is brand new, which we find to be both good and bad.
Good things about the hotel:
- Extremely nice rooms (see photos) - though a bit small
- High security (e.g. your key card only allows you to take the elevator to the floor you
are staying on)
- We got an extremely good offer (400 MXN incl. tax, per night)
Less goods things about the hotel:
- We arrived late and didn't feel like looking for a restaurant. Instead we ordered some hamburgers from the restaurant at IBIS. It seemed like we were a bother to them, first when ordering and afterwards when asking to have it in our room. But that wasn't all. The food tasted worse than a burger at McDonald's.
- They people at the reception speak bad English and they seemed inexperienced
The location of the hotel is as it says, about one kilometer from the center. Due to this you don't want to go anywhere after dark. The hotel is located the newly built Plaza Victoria, which unfortunately hasn't developed as planned. About 80% of the store spaces are for rent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Chihuahua hotel is located in the Victoria shopping mall, close to the historic center and Chepe tourist train station, 0.6 miles (1 km) from the convention center and 5 minutes from the industrial park area. It has 126 modern, sound-proofed and air-conditioned rooms waiting to be booked. The hotel offers a daily buffet breakfast, a restaurant, a bar with a 24/7 snack service, free wireless Internet, private parking and access for people with reduced mobility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Ibis Chihuahua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.