“Lovely hotel in a lovely town”

Hotel Conde Rodrigo I
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ciudad Rodrigo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great location within the walls of the old city. Stylish building with excellent personnel - reception, bar & breakfast. Room spacious and comfortable, and reasonably priced. Private secure parking a short distance away from the hotel. We did not eat in, except for breakfast, so not able to comment on that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 May 2014

When we arrived our GPS had a problem locating the hotel and a local family offered to show us the way by driving ahead.

We found the hotel charming in a slightly shabby way. The furniture is old rather than antique but this adds to the appeal of the hotel. Our room had a balcony overlooking the square and the location is perfect. The hotel provided parking at a location nearby at a reasonable cost much more convenient than outside the city walls.

Breakfast was offered at an extra charge but there was a large noisy tour group and the buffet was unappealing. We decided to walk to the main square and found a small cafe that served freshly squeezed orange juice, great coffee and iberico jamon on fresh crusty bread. When we returned to the hotel the rather stern gentleman at reception chuckled knowingly at us.

Room Tip: Room with balcony.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend with my husband. We had a fantastic time, the room in that hotel were very confortable, clean and spacious, and so near from the Plaza Major.
The restaurant was also top notch! We are hoping to go there again!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was there last semana santa (like they say) with my family and We had a wonderful holiday.
the rooms were very clean, the staff is very professional, the restaurant food is excellent. We enjoy eating "secreto iberico", is a part of the pork that we had never eaten and is a delight for the palate. And we ate every day embutidos, like chorizo, salchichon and jamon iberico. Now I miss that excellent food
I really recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lore S
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in room 203 with gave onto the square below. The central location is excellent and we found a place to park for free at the weekend (and then had to be up before 8am on the Monday to move it and avoid a multa/fine). Very amenable staff and we will certainly stay again in one of the charming and old-looking rooms. Top tip - do visit the Parador along the road and have some cool wine in the gardens overlooking thev river and watch the storks gliding overhead and coming down to feed by the river bank.

Room Tip: We liked 203 which gives on to the square.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Superb hotel within the walled city. Large, airy room with vestibule entrance and shuttered windows opening onto the plaza below. The hotel has no car park and it's location meant that adjacent street parking was not an option. However the hotel does have a private garage (payable extra) nearby and a member of staff will accompany you and open up the garage and guide you to your allotted space.
Breakfast did not match the expectation of such an impressive hotel - limited choice, paucity of food.
Overall, taking account of the price we paid - good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vic G
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I last stayed here over 10 years ago and thought that despite its fantastic location that I would not stay here again. I'm glad that I did last week. It is very reasonably priced, has a lovely bar and outside seating. But for me, one of the most prized things that a bedroom can have is an inner door which blanks out the corridor noise. I'll be back. Oh and the breakfast was very good too.

Room Tip: My room was 206 at the end of the corridor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Hospederia Audiencia Real
Hospederia Audiencia Real
#2 of 6 in Ciudad Rodrigo
Hotel Domus Real Fuerte de la Concepcion
Hotel Domus Real Fuerte de la Co...
#1 of 1 in Aldea del Obispo
Abadia de Los Templarios
Abadia de Los Templarios
#1 of 2 in La Alberca
Hotel Conde Rodrigo II
Hotel Conde Rodrigo II
#5 of 6 in Ciudad Rodrigo

Been to Hotel Conde Rodrigo I? Share your experiences!