“A place full of delicious secrets!”
Review of Stelios & Katina

Stelios & Katina
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Kissamos
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Recommend the wonderful cuisine of this local Cretan tavern is really too easy....this is the place everyone would like to try once in a life.
Let's begin from the family owner of the tavern: they will always welcome you with a big smile and a handshake. And the same will do Anastasia, the sweet waitress! Let suggest you to Georgeos for choosing the menu ... he will offer you the dishes of the day and will advice you the best of them!
It doesn't matter what you choose: meat or fish is the same. Every dish is cooked excellently, with increasing use of varied spices and oil of Crete that make it all really delicious.Simplicity and genuine taste are the watchword! You can taste tzaziki,moussaka or Boureki, grilled fish, Octopus or sardines....and why not taste also special cretan meat ball, cheese, lamb or pork meat...the list of wonders is very long but no dish will disappoint you.You will be excited about every flavor and every smell!
And don't forget to try Raky and dessert they will offer you at the end of your meal.
The prices are really fair! We have spent around 25 euros for two people every dinner.
Be careful about the the portions: they are very generous!
What more? Go for it and try it!!!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was in Crete for seven nights and ate at Stelios & Katina four times (tomorrow will be my fourth).

The other nights I either tried a different restaurant or cooked for myself. Nothing compared to Stelios & Katina. It has the best mix of food, ambiance and value.

FOOD:
So far I've had the calamari, the octopus, the grilled shrimp, the cretan salad and the Stelios & Katina salad. I love fish and seafood and would recommend each of the aforementioned dishes, especially the octopus. One word of advice about the salads. They are big. Very big. A salad and a main are more than enough, especially given the extras that are offered (more on that below). I had the house red which was okay. Nothing special, but for house wine, I expected that. I also tried the baklava and espresso which were very good.

AMBIANCE:
Stelios and Katina has a healthy mix of vacationers and locals (the sign of a great restaurant). I ate outside on the terrace every night but the inside is also very nice. The staff (I was served by the same two people every night) are very attentive and kind and the music (which I did not notice at first) blends well with all the conversations. Funny side note, every night I heard at least one couple walk in and say "I told you we'd be back".

VALUE:
Though it is not exactly budget prices, there is no better value in Kissamos. The price of the meals are reasonable and come with many extras (bread with olive oil and sea salt, raki, raki and honey, cake and ice cream, extra glass of wine, etc.) that your Euros go a very long way.

Crete is a magical place, and the Kissamos area is lucky to have such a great restaurant.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed in Crete for a week and every day we ate in this restaurant. Sometimes even twice a day. I didn't like the food here, I loved it! Everything is simple and natural and it gives you the feeling that you are experiencing the pure traditional cretan cuisine, which i didn't imagine could be that tasty and healthy in the same time. On each meal, we ordered more dishes than could actually eat, but everything looked so good that we couldn't decide. We love sea food, and here we ate the best octopus (my personal favourite) cuttle fish and shrimps ever! The joghurt with honey is a great and refreshing dessert. And not to mention the raki with honey which made the walk back home a little unsteady :)
The atmosphere of the restaurant makes the dinner here even more enjoyable. You are constantly asked if you like what you're having, if there's anything else that could make your meal better.
I am looking forward to returning here!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

For sure my favourite restaurant- I'm not sure there is a restaurant in my home town I rate as highly as this one. This is a wonderful place with a very cozy and warm ambience. I loved the music and the raki! The service is so friendly and personable- Georces and the waitresses go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. The food is super fresh and really very tasty- I went back several times and wish I could go several more times. I felt the portions were definitely more than enough and it's incredible value for money. The menu has very good variety and includes fabulous vegetarian dishes. At the end of the meal I got a scrumptious desert of a sweet walnut type cake with ice cream- it was well appreciated! I very highly recommend Stelios & Katina and on my next visit I will definitely return there.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

A visite to „Stelios&Katina” was a wonderfull experience. Gourmet meals (based on fresh, local products), really nice staff and incredible Giorgios, who introduces a homely atmosphere and treats all his guests very warmly. We were “repeat customers” and were never disappointed. At the end of our visit we always got a delicious cake with walnuts, ice cream and carafe of “raki”.
I would recommend “Stelios&Katina” to everyone!