“Processed food....really!!”

Price range: US$8 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since 1976
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Bit of a struggle with this one as to whether I rated it as poor or terrible. In the end I decided on poor as a couple of the dishes were ok and the service was ok.

We decided to call in one lunchtime during our stay and ordered a couple of dishes each. On the menu next to the Greek salad was a crab salad which I thought would make a nice change and so I ordered it. Sadly I fail to establish exactly what the crab salad was made from, had I done so I would have ordered something else. The dish arrived and was essentially processed fish sticks chopped up and mixed with a very poor marie rose sauce (pic attached) and all for the grand price of 5 euros! I'm amazed that a restaurant with access to such great local produce should put this kind of slop on a menu!

The other dishes we ordered were very average and a little over oily which was also disappointing.

Service was friendly and is the only thing saving this restaurant from the worst rating I can give. It was also expensive at 25 euros for four small dishes, a beer and diet coke.

This place may be a whole new animal in the evening and deliver great food but I don't intend to go back to find out.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Unbelievably good food,family owned and operated,the portions are very generous, everything made fresh and you can taste the difference! Love it here!

1  Thank jena_brown224
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch one day. Food ws average and bill was much higher than the surrounding restaaurants. There are so many restaurants in this village. Avoid this one.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I visited Stavros Tavern last year while on vacation and I have to say for anyone looking for amazing Greek food, Stavros Tavern is a must!!! Amazing atmosphere, relaxing, quiet environment, the friendliest staff and the food is to die for... simply amazing! One place I will be visiting again on my next trip!!

1  Thank Stelio C
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I recently visited Stavros taverna on a bus tour of the island. The restuarant had a great taverna atmosphere and was nicely decorated. The food had a good selection of vegetarian, traditional greek food and salads at an excellent price. Great frindly service, if i was to ever go back to the greek islands i would definitely go back here for a meal.

1  Thank mumadragon