“Our piece of paradise”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Marathokampos
Flintshire
“Our piece of paradise”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have been staying at the Hotel Sofia for a number of years and I thought it was time to put another review on trip advisor. We arrived this year after a very stressful year and I returned home feeling completely relaxed. Where else could you get this but at the Hotel Sofia. The whole family make you feel very welcome. This is not just returning guests but also those that are there for the first time. This is the only hotel I know that treats all the guests with such kindness and as friends not just as guests to their hotel. If you are looking for a hotel where you can relax, have fun and be made feel welcome then this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Whichever room you want they have just ask. You can have mountain view, pool view or a sea view
hotelsofia, Owner at Sofia Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Many thanks. hope to see you soon for more good times.. Vasilis

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Piraeus, Greece
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here in late June in an air-conditionned double room for 3 nights, paying 40 Euro a night inclusive of breakfast. The hotel is well located in 2 min walk from the beach of Kampos Marathokambou. Votsalakia beach is also in a walking distance. Many shops and restaurants nearby. Room was basic, but in a fully working order. Our room was cleaned everyday (although one of the owners told us that the cleaning was done every 2 days). Breakfast was a bit better than normal Greek one in low-budget hotels/pensions; apart from bread, butter and jam, we had also eggs, tomatoes, feta cheese, feta and/or yogurt (not everything every morning, but if you have a special request, probably they can accommodate). It has a lovely pool and pool side bar. And it organizes a pool side BBQ party every Saturday for 10 Euro per person (drinks are extra). We heard that it has many repeating customers and do not doubt it.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have air-conditioned. You'd better specify your need when you book.
1 Thank mesogeia
hotelsofia, Owner at Sofia Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Many thanks.. we clean our rooms every day except sunday, and all rooms have air condition. we hope to see you again.. Vasilis
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just returned from yet another brilliant holiday to Marathokampos in Samos.

From the minute you arrive at the family run Hotel Sofia, you realize you have come somewhere really special, The hotel is conveniently located within easy reach of the beach and local shops and restaurants, in fact just a stones throw away from everything. Don't forget to check out the delights of the local bakery just at the end of the lane for some delicious cakes, pies, bread and local confectionary. The real gem and appeal of the hotel is the exceptional service and attention all visitors receive with warmth from the Lotos family - Stavros, Sofia, Vasilis, Manoli and not forgetting Grandma Irenie. Join the family barbeque on a Saturday night and mingle with the other hotel guests while sharing some traditional greek food and hospitality.

While Vasilis attends to the hotel pool bar, he clearly enjoys chatting and helping guests providing them with loads of help and advice on where to go and what to see on the island. This time Vasilis recommended a boat trip to us which takes you around the local coastline stopping at several bays along the way so you can enjoy a swim n the clear crystal waters. The friendly crew cater to your every need and provide you with wonderful food along the way. A beautiful way to spend an enjoyable and relaxing day. So don't be afraid to ask and I am sure you will have happy memories to remember your time at the Hotel Sofia on the beautiful island of Samos.

2 Thank briannaki
hotelsofia, Owner at Sofia Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Many thanks, we hope to see you again for more good times. Yes boat trip is really nice, is on way to see Samos from the sea... Vasilis
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife, 16 year old son and myself have just returned from a lovely week on the beautiful island of Samos.
We stayed in the Hotel Sophia in Votsalakia, this was our fourth visit to Votsalakia but the first time at Hotel Sophia. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, we were made to feel very welcome by all the Lotos family who are clearly passionate about what they do and made every effort to ensure our stay was very enjoyable.
The whole hotel is kept very clean, the pool and bar area is a very pleasant place to relax with a cold beer and the pool itself is spotlessly clean.
The rooms are exactly what you would expect in Greece, quite basic in appearance but everything worked well, plenty of hot water for showers, good air-con, cleaned every day, what else do you need?
We have been coming to the Greek Islands for our holidays for 12 years now and we have never been to a Hotel or Apartment where there has been such a high number of guests who return year after year. I think this says a lot about the Hotel and the Lotos family.
When we return to Samos we will, without any doubt, stay at Hotel Sophia.
If you want faultless 5 star luxury there are plenty of hotels where you will find this, with prices to match.
If however, you want a very warm welcome and to relax in a lovely family run hotel, this is the place.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 are at the rear of the hotel and quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
hotelsofia, Owner at Sofia Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you.. hope to see you again for more good times.. vasilis
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just returned from a blissful, restful, very relaxing two week holiday in sunny Samos. The Lotos family are very welcoming and extremely helpful and friendly - no request is too much trouble. We enjoyed the pool (swimming and table!) and were very impressed with how we were made to feel like treasured guests rather than customers paying for a room. We will be back!! Thank you to the Lotos for making our holiday so special.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool and had fantastic views of the mountains beyond.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maralyn F
hotelsofia, Owner at Sofia Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you very much, hope to see you soon for more good times.. Vasilis
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed again with the lotos family from 22 May 2014 to 29 May 2014. My time with this lovely family just went too quickly. Third year running and I can't wait to go back again. I can truly say that I love the family, the hotel and the area.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and Stavros,Sofia,Vasilis, Manoli and Grandma always make your stay very special. The view from your balcony is just breathtaking. Come & see you for yourself. I truly feel at peace here and as a lady travelling alone I can say it is very safe. I fell in love with Kampos the first time I came here.

If you come too your holiday will start with Stavros meeting you from the airport and taking you the Sofia Hotel. You travel through wonderful countryside. What views as you travel along your way. Then when you arrive you get a great welcome & Vasilis who works tirelessly all day and every day is there offering you your first beer to cool down.

The Barbecue each week is mouthwatering and the Greek breakfast each day is great & plentiful. More than I could eat! Although you get just a cup of coffee or tea you just have to ask if you want more cups. The beach is just across the road & there are plenty of local restaurants only a few steps away to choose from each night. All giving great service and they remember you every time you come back.

Thank you Stavros, Sofia,Vasilis, Manoli and Grandma for taking care of me and making me feel one of the family. What great hosts you are & a special thank you to Vasilis who works so hard to make your holiday one to remember. I'll be back soon.

Sofia Hotel has its only website so you can easily use this to book & arrange you pick up from the airport which is free if you saty a full week or more. This year I travelled from Gatwick with Thomson who usually keep their flight prices high to make sure there is enough room from the package holidaymakers. However, if the flights are not full they drop their prices drastically at the last minute. I only paid £166 including 20kg of luggage and booked 7 days before I travelled and the flight on 4 June went down to only £144 with 20kg of luggage returning one week later. I keep looking for the best price from about 2 weeks before.

The other direct flight from Gatwick is with Air Germania who also drop their prices if not full. You breefly touch down on the way back to the UK at Lemnos to pick up passengers. They give 20kg as standard in their price and a very good hot meal. I travelled with them last year.

This area is not for young party people who want a lot of night life, but for people who enjoy a truly Greek experience. Do come and try Sofia Hotel. You will just have to keep coming back again & again. Once is not enough. See you soon Vasilis. Give all your dear family hugs & kisses from me .

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool & mountain.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank CaroleGandfamily
hotelsofia, Owner at Sofia Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you, we do our best each time so every one feels welcome to our Hotel and see how nice is Samos. Hope to we see you soon for more good times. Many thanks Vasilis
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Hotel Sofia was the most wonderful accident of all my travels, after thinking I had booked in Samos town, I was utterly delighted to be taken to the other side of the island to this magical hotel set in the beauty of Kampos.
I was made so incredibly welcome by the wonderful Lotos family,and as a testament to their magnificent care and hospitality I stayed a extra week!
The hotel is filled with return guests which again is a reflection of the care and effort taken by Vasilis and family to do their utmost to give you a perfect holiday experience.
The hotel is lovely clean and quiet and the backdrop of the mountains is breathtaking, only 100meters from 3km stretch of beach. Breakfasts were fantastic and memories of the Saturday night BBQ is still making me drool.
The area offers so much, I would alternate between lazing by the beach to having a breathtaking hike to Pythagoras cave or simply reading and relaxing by the pool bar beer in hand!
Vasilis was kind enough to take us most evenings to remarkable restaurants with stunning food, views and company.
I had such a brilliant time I didn't feel the need to go to any other Greek islands as my experience was complete.
I highly recommend hotel sofia to all, an especially magical place for families & couples and even accidental lone travellers like me! I will most certainly return

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Nova F
hotelsofia, Owner at Sofia Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you so much... Hope to see you again.. Vasilis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathokampos
Kerveli Village Hotel
#3 of 8 in Karlovasi
Kerkis Bay Hotel
Kerkis Bay Hotel
#9 of 13 in Marathokampos

Been to Sofia Hotel? Share your experiences!